2020 headliners

jj200

11 hours ago, K2SO said:

Riiight I get you. So they're disliked basically because they make catchy music, but people are wetting themselves over the potential of Taylor Swift?

Tay Tay hasn’t stoopped to the levels of You’re In Love With A Psycho. I actually quite like some of their stuff, but they’ve knocked out some absolute (and in that case, offensive) drivel.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

1 hour ago, S west said:

Headlining Leeds/reading is nowhere near like headlining the pyramid and come on the Leeds/reading line ups are pretty poor these days. I just don’t think they’re ready sorry bro 

Reading/Leeds has been headlined by Foos, Muse, Kasabian, AM, Radiohead, KoL, Mumford, etc. in recent years. As well as RHCP, Eminem, etc. So totally like headlining the Pyramid.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

1 hour ago, Jose Águila said:

Foo Fighters encabezó la etapa de lectura y Leeds este año y Glastonbury 2 años antes, así que no creo que sea tan malo como crees que es. Leer y Leeds es bueno, tu opinión es mala

We need an auto translate. Jose has some good stuff to say.

• Upvote 2

My feeling is that it will actually be the three absolutely massive headliners, and they managed to convince them (or threw more money at them) because Michael will be retiring after this festival and they're all his favourite bands.

Hell of a lineup to have your final shows on eh?

The retirement announcement will be after the festival so as not to make it bittersweet.

Just now, Room to sway said:

My feeling is that it will actually be the three absolutely massive headliners, and they managed to convince them (or threw more money at them) because Michael will be retiring after this festival and they're all his favourite bands.

The retirement announcement will be after the festival so as not to make it bittersweet.

I'd kind of figured he had semi-retired anyway, but yeah I guess it makes sense for it be a bit of a big deal after the 50th.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

We need an auto translate. Jose has some good stuff to say.

hes english, the twat is just writing something out and then putting it in translate

Edited by C14S

I think the whole idea of Stones/Zep/Fleetwood is very exciting but where does 'Tay Tay' fit into all of this?

I'm pretty sure she's a dead cert and wouldn't take any slot other than headliner. In my opinion we'll only end up seeing one 'heritage' act eg. Fleetwood Mac alongside Taylor and maybe someone like The 1975 or Kendrick. ?

23 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Didn’t in some video Michael say Neil Young is playing? If so. I can see him playing before Rolling Stones. He’s happy to play before Dylan. Michael doing his own Desert Trip fest (which I attended and it was ace) 

That would be excellent ?

2 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Michael es básicamente la cara del festival de todos modos, no puedo imaginar que haga mucho por eso en estos días además de algunos actos específicos. tu opinion es buena

@Jose Águila Google tells me you said "Michael is basically the face of the festival anyway, I can't imagine that he does much for that these days in addition to some specific acts. your opinion is good"

Yeah but to a lot of people (including me) he's more than just the face, he's the originator, the driver, the pioneer of what the whole thing is. It'd be an amazingly sad time if he properly retired but what a way to send him off.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

How would Mark Radcliffe know? Why did anyone even ask him?

As a BBC staff member who regularly covers the festival its fair to say that if there were rumours flying about, he may well know something.

He was asked as part of a Q&A at the end of chat about his book.

OK?

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

As a BBC staff member who regularly covers the festival its fair to say that if there were rumours flying about, he may well know something.

He was asked as part of a Q&A at the end of chat about his book.

OK?

tbf Grimmy knew about The Strokes playing this year quite far in advance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

Yeah but to a lot of people (including me) he's more than just the face, he's the originator, the driver, the pioneer of what the whole thing is. It'd be an amazingly sad time if he properly retired but what a way to send him off.

Estoy completamente de acuerdo con usted, pero creo que Michael está cada vez menos involucrado en los últimos años. Cuanto más lo pienso, más me sorprendería si Michael se desconectara por completo del festival.

But then again what do I know, I'm just a little Spanish boy

3 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

When Chemical brothers play ‘out of control’ Live which is my favourite track by them, it has no vocal on it. Chemical are not a vocally led band though with a vocalist

Those prodigy tracks depend heavily on the vocals so are you thinking they will play them as acapella or use a different vocalist or play Keiths voice?  

It’s not just his voice that matters though. You can’t have those songs without someone performing the lyrics on stage. 

Liam will take over a lot but I can’t see anyone being able to replace Keith upfront. 

Maybe a new mix of those songs with sampled vocals would work but it will never be the same. 

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nick Dewey saying back in April that Macca wouldn't be playing.

My take is that he told efestivals so an incorrect rumour would get squashed.

Nick Dewey* follows Diana Ross and Madonna on Twitter. 

Just saying.

*I don't know if it's THE Nick Dewey. 

Kasabian's first album was a game changer, no doubt.

I like most of their material. Thought album 2 and 3 were excellent, since then not quite as good but still decent enough.

The thing that always confuses me is the people who dislike them really like to make it known.. a lot. And that's not just an efestivals thing, it's everywhere.