2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When you're hoping for Prince and instead you get landed with:

Honestly a bit baffled. I'm getting the impression that a lot of the Kasabian hatred is based on what people have been told about them, not what they've actually seen for themselves, which is kind of disappointing

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Honestly a bit baffled. I'm getting the impression that a lot of the Kasabian hatred is based on what people have been told about them, not what they've actually seen for themselves, which is kind of disappointing

I'll have you know I've listened to at least several Kasabian songs

Sorry if I missed this but I didn’t realise the BBC in the Diana Ross article are reporting Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift in that order (suspiciously putting Taylor as the Sunday headliner)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-49997124

It’s not just lifted from the bookies either is it?

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry if I missed this but I didn’t realise the BBC in the Diana Ross article are reporting Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift in that order (suspiciously putting Taylor as the Sunday headliner)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-49997124

Tbh it's probably lifted from here!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

BBC news articles on Glastonbury always say that Macca’s rumoured. It’s obligatory.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

That’s not listing her as the Sunday headliner, she’s just listed last. She’s probably last in the list because she’s the least significant/last one they thought of. 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It says they are rumoured?

18 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

That’s not listing her as the Sunday headliner, she’s just listed last. She’s probably last in the list because she’s the least significant/last one they thought of. 

She’s only free on the Sunday isn’t she?

Might be wrong on my dates but I think she’s playing other festivals in Europe on Friday and Saturday.

After Diana Ross though? That would be something (I know if she played she headlining)

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I notice the fact that GnR are confirmed as active next year has slipped past people.

Chances are they’ve priced themselves out but if nothing else it’s another name for the pot.

You never know. The Stones were paid over the odds yet still took a massive cut. Granted GnR aren't as a prestigious booking but they are still huge. 

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Why does everyone here hate Kasabian?

Because they make relatively uncomplicated guitar music good for radio, singalongs, "lads" and the pub. Deemed unartistic and not clever enough by and large, but because they're big and sell tickets they've got a  big old target on them.

I'm not a huge fan myself, although I do think they're a lot better live than on record.

The short answer is "because efests "

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Because they make relatively uncomplicated guitar music good for radio, singalongs, "lads" and the pub. Deemed unartistic and not clever enough by and large, but because they're big and sell tickets they've got a  big old target on them.

I'm not a huge fan myself, although I do think they're a lot better live than on record.

The short answer is "because efests "

Riiight I get you. So they're disliked basically because they make catchy music, but people are wetting themselves over the potential of Taylor Swift?

• Upvote 2

Shall we just have a week where we all get behind Macca, Mac, and Swift? Like, as a treat? Next Thursday, straight back to Foals vs. 1975, but no ones getting ruled out in the next week, we could actually enjoy ourselves for a little bit before it starts heating up heading into Christmas.

I never really understand the total roasting of Kasabian apart from the fact they have released some shit however most bands do. I do think they try to make music for arenas than anything else. 

They are much better live than I ever thought they would be.