2020 headliners

jj200

10 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Anyone else think foals jump from headlining Truck/Y Not to glasto in a year is a bit much?

i love foals and have smashed it at every gig of theirs I’ve seen but I don’t think they’re quite ready to headline 

It’s more jumping from secret set to Headlining for me. Seems the right time for them, if not next year then maybe never? 

I thought the the sound quality was really poor on the Park stage last year - would live to see them get a proper go at headlining, whether that be The Pyramid or The Other.

1 minute ago, Beeefy said:

It’s more jumping from secret set to Headlining for me. Seems the right time for them, if not next year then maybe never? 

I thought the the sound quality was really poor on the Park stage last year - would live to see them get a proper go at headlining, whether that be The Pyramid or The Other.

I think Foals on the other against Swift is a good shout if she headlines pyramid

1 minute ago, Beeefy said:

I think Foals on the other against Swift is a good shout if she headlines pyramid

39 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

Anyone else think foals jump from headlining Truck/Y Not to glasto in a year is a bit much?

i love foals and have smashed it at every gig of theirs I’ve seen but I don’t think they’re quite ready to headline 

my bet is they're booked as a sub and will only headline if the act above them drops out.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon it's hugely likely that Weller was booked and allocated a slot long before The Who were approached.

They might have swapped some stuff around so that Weller played before them.

If I remember correctly then Weller also cancelled a gig to play Glastonbury, a free one in the Netherlands I think. I suppose that would fit with swapping things about but it definitely seemed like a late package deal.

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Would you like to make anymore completely baseless statements? Maybe tell us what Taylor's 100% having for breakfast?

Chris Martin will 100% want to play through 100% of the festival and make sure he is 100% at his best.

Everyone makes statements like this here, why you calling me out for it? Off with you!

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I imagine they have one sub per year pencilled in to step up in case of last minute emergencies.

the year the stones played I was told (a week or two before their announcement when they still hadn't confirmed) by someone who definitely knows that the festival had a backup plan if they didn't, and i know via an excellent Kasabian source that Kasabian were booked as the backup to Prince the year they headlined - so yup, it defo looks like at least one sub is booked as backup.

But back to the stones, i'm wondering if they had a 'reserve' headliner arranged, who didn't appear on that year's bill. If they did, my thoughts at the time were (surprise surprise) coldplay or radiohead - but perhaps it wasn't something so obvious.

Edited by eFestivals

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the year the stones played I was told (a week or two before their announcement when they still hadn't confirmed) by someone who definitely knows that the festival had a backup plan if they didn't, and i know via an excellent Kasabian source that Kasabian were booked as the backup to Prince the year they headlined - so yup, it defo looks like at least one sub is booked as backup.

But back to the stones, i'm wondering if they had a 'reserve' headliner arranged, who didn't appear on that year's bill. If they did, my thoughts at the time were (surprise surprise) coldplay or radiohead - but perhaps it wasn't something so obvious.

that's so insightful

how come Prince didn't end up doing it Neil? Was it health related?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m probably just getting excited but with the first act announced being Diana fucking Ross I’m feeling like the big guns really are coming out for the 50th anniversary.

Diana is someone that Emily has wanted to put on the lineup for a long long time!

Totally agree. The fact it came early too.

Makes me think it'll be Fleetwood, Reg and Taylor - but maybe that's too costly.