2020 headliners

jj200

On 10/8/2019 at 11:20 AM, K2SO said:

I don't understand really why people want Fleetwood Mac. Haven't they been turning it down for years because they weren't getting paid enough? I've always got the impression that they don't actually understand or care about the festival, so why would you want to give them such an important slot?

Maybe I'm biased because I think they're crap, but I'm just really hoping it's not them.

you think most main stage acts understand or care about the festival? :lol::lol:

for nearly every act playing Glastonubry big stages, it's a case of fly into an airport, get on a minibus, arrive at a festival somewhere in the middle of nowhere, play the gig, get on minibus, back to a hotel or airport, another field somewhere in Europe the next day.

i'd say most non-UK acts don't give one fuck about Glastonbury. in fact, they're probably mildly annoyed at getting paid less than usual.

as to why people want Fleetwood Mac, probably because they have many well-known songs. There are many acts that didn't play Glastonbury, presumably for money reasons, until they did. And many more that haven't and probably won't.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Hola bienvenido al foro. Esa ciertamente parece ser la interpretación más probable del comentario del "campo fangoso". No necesariamente significa que será este año.

hola, gracias por darme la bienvenida a este hermoso lugar. No puedo recordar exactamente, pero creo que especificaron que fue este año, pero no estoy 100% seguro. Me sorprendería si jugaran otro año y elijan mencionarlo 2 años antes

1 hour ago, fat_man_joe said:

Bit late to the party, but their performance at Reading the same year was exactly the same. I've never bothered to try and see them live again (not that I've been a huge fan of their recorded stuff anyway).

I was surprised when the sound was this bad. I had been the previous year to see The XX, The National & Catfish & then Bring Me the next week. Didn't have an issue with any other day, bar The Strokes.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

At the Sheffield Doc fest premier of that film every member was asked individually if they'd ever be back. Each member said yes without hesitation, apart from Jarvis who seemed less keen and gave it a "we'll see".

IIRC the exact quote was "this is more of a comma rather than a full stop", I'd love to see Pulp pop up especially as they all still seem quite close (e.g. Nick posted pictures on twitter of most of them at Candida's birthday party recently) 

1 hour ago, rawrsomesauce said:

IIRC the exact quote was "this is more of a comma rather than a full stop", I'd love to see Pulp pop up especially as they all still seem quite close (e.g. Nick posted pictures on twitter of most of them at Candida's birthday party recently) 

A famous footballsman recently had them do a one-off set for his birthday party didn't he? Maybe it was Marcus Rashford, maybe I've just picked one of the three professional footballists I can name.

6 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

The Strokes - would make a great sub on the pyramid or other headliner. They were fantastic at APE (despite the sound issues) and the demand is clearly there.

I was at All Points East, you must've got lucky with where you were standing.

One of the worst sets I've ever watched, the sound wasn't even the biggest problem.

Luckily it was a free ticket I won in a competition, otherwise I'd still be raging about it.

6 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I know everyone complained at APE for that Strokes gig, but I’ve been to many excellent APE days and I’ve also seen the Strokes a few times, it’s pretty obvious where the weak link is.

Nice try but the specific complaint was that the sound was too quiet.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Strokes are the kings of the ‘too big to sub too small to headline category’.

Too expensive to headline also.

13 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

I was at All Points East, you must've got lucky with where you were standing.

One of the worst sets I've ever watched, the sound wasn't even the biggest problem.

Luckily it was a free ticket I won in a competition, otherwise I'd still be raging about it.

I thought they played fantastically that night, Ize of the World was particularly amazing. To my knowledge, they’ve never played Glastonbury so hopefully this is their time. Pyramid sub I think would be perfect but who could they sub?

• Upvote 1

Leeds & Reading 2011, The Strokes & Pulp shared the headline slot, with Strokes headlining Reading and Pulp headlining Leeds. We attended Leeds and The Strokes were absolutely crap. Pulp were unbelievable though. If Pulp had been on first like Reading I'd have got off during The Strokes set. 

8 minutes ago, Nick Aldous said:

I thought they played fantastically that night, Ize of the World was particularly amazing. To my knowledge, they’ve never played Glastonbury so hopefully this is their time. Pyramid sub I think would be perfect but who could they sub?

Huh yeah they were excellent that night. Better than BST. Everyone seemed absolutely enraptured, and the band looked like they were enjoying it. They've been getting good reviews across the board this year.

I think they'll be as big as they've ever been when/if they properly launch a comeback. They sold out a 40k+ APE after selling about 20k tickets (pre-discount) for BST four years prior. There's increasing nostalgia for the era that they're obviously the kings of. I don't see them subheadlining anything anywhere in the near future.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jose Águila said:

hola, gracias por darme la bienvenida a este hermoso lugar. No puedo recordar exactamente, pero creo que especificaron que fue este año, pero no estoy 100% seguro. Me sorprendería si jugaran otro año y elijan mencionarlo 2 años antes

Sería un poco extraño decirlo con mucha anticipación, pero es bastante extraño repetirlo en el escenario en Nueva York y Nueva Zelanda si se trata de Glastonbury. Así que no debemos descartar que sean extraños.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

AC/DC's return (with Brian Johnson) is rumoured to be announced tomorrow., with some US festivals at the start of a world tour

Well there not doing Download, can’t see them doing any festival in the UK but Glasto, if any. More likely to do there own gigs however there’s a chance if the gaps there. 

52 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Leeds & Reading 2011, The Strokes & Pulp shared the headline slot, with Strokes headlining Reading and Pulp headlining Leeds. We attended Leeds and The Strokes were absolutely crap. Pulp were unbelievable though. If Pulp had been on first like Reading I'd have got off during The Strokes set. 

I was at Reading and yeah Pulp were really great. Left a couple of songs into the strokes. Supremely boring