2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I would argue that at this moment in time they are bigger than Kasabian and Biffy. Mumford and Sons possibly not but The 1975 seem to constantly be releasing new music and touring so they're probably more in the forefront of peoples minds than Mumford.

Kasabian’s least successful album has sold better than The 1975’s most recent one, iirc. They might not be cutting edge but they’re still a top tier band.

The 1975 are bigger than the other two now but each of Biffy and Mumfords had a peak when they were headlining all sorts of major UK fests, the ones peeps are patting 75 on the back for headlining one of.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@dentalplan is wrong on this point. The 1975 are way bigger than Biffy. Since when were Biffy selling out mass shows at the O2 and across the world? Come off it.

Biffy were a big band in the UK, I didn’t imagine it lmao.

Aren’t The 1975 only a major headliner in this country?

Seems to be very quiet in terms of the chat about Greenday, Weezer and Fall Out Boy...

Doesn't anybody think they might be involved?

Might be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a large number of secret performances next year. More so than ever before, and probably bigger too.

So are the rumours that there's something in the Glastonbury 50 book that reveals Fleetwood Mac are playing next June? Because that doesn't make much sense. There's no way FM or the festival would want to print that this far ahead. What if the band have to pull out? Foo Fighters had to pull out. Mumfords nearly did. RHCP did back in the 90s. It happens. I just don't see the festival wanting to print a confirmation in this book before it's actually happened.

11 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

So with people mentioning The 1975, Taylor and FM...is it possible they have 3 headliners that have never headlined before? Is this something they have done or is it less of the norm?

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

2015 was potentially gonna be Foos, Kanye and Prince at one point, which would have also been 3 new'uns.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, Matt87 said:

So are the rumours that there's something in the Glastonbury 50 book that reveals Fleetwood Mac are playing next June? Because that doesn't make much sense. There's no way FM or the festival would want to print that this far ahead. What if the band have to pull out? Foo Fighters had to pull out. Mumfords nearly did. RHCP did back in the 90s. It happens. I just don't see the festival wanting to print a confirmation in this book before it's actually happened.

Some people have claimed they know people who have worked on the book and it's included in there, but it all seems a bit bogus to me. As Neil said, there could well be a mention that they're wanting to book them moving forward, or they are the band that they've been chasing and always managed to elude them, but I don't think it'll be anything more than that.

Just now, jparx said:

Some people have claimed they know people who have worked on the book and it's included in there, but it all seems a bit bogus to me. As Neil said, there could well be a mention that they're wanting to book them moving forward, or they are the band that they've been chasing and always managed to elude them, but I don't think it'll be anything more than that.

It’s not the Glastonbury book, it’s Fleetwood Mac’s book that apparently says they’re doing Glastonbury next year. Apparently.

14 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

So with people mentioning The 1975, Taylor and FM...is it possible they have 3 headliners that have never headlined before? Is this something they have done or is it less of the norm?

2014 as someone else says. Plus 2007 and 2008.

#thereisnopatterm ?

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy were a big band in the UK, I didn’t imagine it lmao.

if you imagined it, so did thousands of others! their last album tour saw them headlining R&L and Download, plus a huge arena tour including the O2. Safe to say the next album will be just as big, if not bigger.

Biffy may not appeal to everyone, but they have a huge and growing fan base. 

7 minutes ago, SiJo86 said:

Seems to be very quiet in terms of the chat about Greenday, Weezer and Fall Out Boy...

Doesn't anybody think they might be involved?

Might be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a large number of secret performances next year. More so than ever before, and probably bigger too.

There's no chat about them because they are not likely to headline, their tour dates make it unlikely to have 3 nights in a row. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not the Glastonbury book, it’s Fleetwood Mac’s book that apparently says they’re doing Glastonbury next year. Apparently.

I seriously doubt there's actually a Fleetwood Mac book... I think somebody misunderstood the Glastonbury book rumour and bastardised it.  And they're almost certainly both untrue.

The only thing more annoying than The 1975 is 1975 fan boys trying to convince you just how big and great and like, so deep they are. And how they’re totally not just light indie-pop for 20 year olds who like guitars but mainly listen to Capital Radio. And how their last album was was era defining and this generation’s OK Computer and not just more of the same shite  

I did like that latest single though. The shouty one that sounded like Yak. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier
  • Upvote 2

1975 not even headlining Mad Cool last year among others and headlining 50th Glasto? I like them and I think they are a big band (they could play before the main headliner). My concern is, if two headliners were booked years ago for this edition and Taylor is going, I doubt one of this two is 1975.

9 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

if you imagined it, so did thousands of others! their last album tour saw them headlining R&L and Download, plus a huge arena tour including the O2. Safe to say the next album will be just as big, if not bigger.

Biffy may not appeal to everyone, but they have a huge and growing fan base. 

It’s pretty safe to say that won’t be the case - they’re  on a downslope now - but for a while they were major festival headliners, arena tour sellers and loudly talked up to headline Glastonbury on here. I don’t see where The 1975 have surpassed them on that front. Much better music, like.

15 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I seriously doubt there's actually a Fleetwood Mac book... I think somebody misunderstood the Glastonbury book rumour and bastardised it.  And they're almost certainly both untrue.

The rumour started with a guy on here claiming to know someone working on a fleetwood mac biography that isnt due out till xmas time next year iirc. It later got bastardised when someone later made an ambiguous comment ("Its being printed in their book" or something) and people ran with it being the Glasto book.

I dont think we've ever had anyone come on claiming to know about the Glasto book

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I believe it's come up from two separate sources one was that someone had seen it in an advance copy of the Glastonbury book, which seems mad as why publish something that might not happen. The other was someone saying they knew those involved in ghost writing a Fleetwood Mac book that is due to be published next year and they'd been told to put in a bit about Glastonbury. This is more plausible from a publishing point of view, next year's celeb biogs will certainly be in the process of being written but I would have thought the info less likely to leak into the public domain as far few people would be privy to the information.