2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I'm hoping they drop a name soon, I think it will be BIG! 

I reckon we'll know something by November (probably not before the book launch as they won't want to take the attention off of that) 

I think there will be an announcement in the book, or one on the day of release. It would give a bit more publicity to the book

Still thinking we'll get Taylor announced very soon. I reckon Lawn was right and she's doing Glastonbury, Lover Fest UK somewhere in London and TRNSMT in Glasgow and they have a deal to wait until after Glastonbury tickets were sold out to announce the shows.

14 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Do we think that FM would still require a higher fee and therefore they could decrease the status of other headliners?

I certainly hope not. It sets a bad precedent.

I simply don't understand why a headliner would not do Glastonbury just because of the fee. Surely the attendant publicity and cache will more than compensate, even financially. If you really want to milk it, you book dates for the following year and announce them the week following Glastonbury. You'd get one of them money-printing licenses.

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Well the backbone is English, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Christine McVie are all English. Stevie Nicks & Mike Campbell are American and Neil Finn is From New Zealand. So right now they’re 3/5s British, 2/5s American and 1/5 New Zealander  

I really hope you're not a maths teacher...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still thinking we'll get Taylor announced very soon. I reckon Lawn was right and she's doing Glastonbury, Lover Fest UK somewhere in London and TRNSMT in Glasgow and they have a deal to wait until after Glastonbury tickets were sold out to announce the shows.

Surely you'd announce Glastonbury after Lover Fest?

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Well, the Glastonbury announcement will generate loads of press and then announcing Lover Fest will give those disappointed about Glastonbury an opportunity to see her. Not that Taylor needs a press boost mind.

Who knows though. Just speculation on my part!

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I reckon Taylor will be a late announcement or on the poster if they don’t announce all the headliners prior. Shift the other festival tickets and then announce her. The other headliners first. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Well, the Glastonbury announcement will generate loads of press and then announcing Lover Fest will give those disappointed about Glastonbury an opportunity to see her. Not that Taylor needs a press boost mind.

Who knows though. Just speculation on my part!

It would make much more sense to announce Lover Fests first, I don't know too much about the promotor business but I'd imagine they'd not want a Glastonbury announcement out there until the new year in the hope that a few months and Christmas present buying period would shift as many as possible. Then if Lover Fests happen after Glastonbury any unsold tickets could get another late stage boost from the coverage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think Loverfest will be announced first. If it's anything like her last Hyde Park appearance it will sell out in a day, then Taylor can be announced for Glastonbury. I can be patient as I have the Belgian date sewn up the weekend before Glastonbury already.

I agree that if it’s Taylor it makes sense to be a later announcement, but could they announce Fleetwood Mac with the book? We’re celebrating our 50th anniversary with a book and coincidentally we’ve also got one of the biggest bands on the planet who also recently celebrated a 50th anniversary to headline ...

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I simply don't understand why a headliner would not do Glastonbury just because of the fee. Surely the attendant publicity and cache will more than compensate, even financially. If you really want to milk it, you book dates for the following year and announce them the week following Glastonbury. You'd get one of them money-printing licenses.

I agree. I think maybe the decision maker doesn’t get it. Or perhaps it’s a principle thing?

”Why should we have to play in a muddy field at a cut rate when we can sell out lots of shows @ £110+ average ticket price. If we do this discounted rate then everyone will be trying to get money off”

Either way, someone important doesn’t get it... Unless they do perform (24 hours after Daft Punk of course) and then I am happy to admit that person gets it.

From what I have heard I hope it isn't Kendrick, it's not my taste of music for a start but I only heard bad things about his Reading performance last year, with loads of people leaving halfway through, and I'd say that the Reading audience is more catered to him than Glastonbury? However I would love to see The 1975, went Reading this year only knowing a little from them but I watched them as there was nothing else on I wanted to see and their show was spectacular, got me hooked and now I listen to them more, however that doesn't mean I like Loose Women Jr as someone referred to him before, I was just able to look past that whilst watching them

3 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

From what I have heard I hope it isn't Kendrick, it's not my taste of music for a start but I only heard bad things about his Reading performance last year, with loads of people leaving halfway through, and I'd say that the Reading audience is more catered to him than Glastonbury? However I would love to see The 1975, went Reading this year only knowing a little from them but I watched them as there was nothing else on I wanted to see and their show was spectacular, got me hooked and now I listen to them more, however that doesn't mean I like Loose Women Jr as someone referred to him before, I was just able to look past that whilst watching them

Can't comment on his Reading set, but having seen him live in 2017 for the Damn tour, he was incredible and definitely has the hits, appeal and options to get other artists out for a headline set.

40 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

15th November was the Stormzy announcement if my memory serves.

It was indeed, I just checked The Thingy to confirm.

Also learnt whilst looking that the earliest a recent act has been announced was 20th October, when Radiohead were announced via the logo being painted on the Pyramid Stage field.

Anyone reckon we might be in for an early announcement this year, too?

Edited by DareToDibble