2020 headliners

jj200

20 hours ago, jparx said:

The thing with the Oasis reunion is that it might sound alright in theory, but there's no way it'd be any good in practice.

Oasis have already reunited and done Glastonbury and it was pretty awful. If they're going to get together, release a decent album and actually put some effort in, then perhaps. Couldn't be less interested in a reunion under any other circumstances.

I think the outcome would be flat.

Different altogether if Noel and Liam had packed it after Oasis where done in around 2009ish, but if you’ve been to see either or caught either of them you’ve pretty much seen them play a full Oasis set list combined, Liam especially.

There would be massive hype, but unless a new album with a few new big tunes on it, I think most fans who’ve caught Liam or Noel individually would walk away shrugging shoulders as it’s really nothing new at this point in time.

It would be a big moment for sure, but I think there’s not much to excite over in terms of the actual delivery.

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

Found Kendrick to be rather underwhelming at Reading 2018, whereas The 1975 this year were the compete opposite. Would like one of 1975/Foals to be there alongside FM/Taylor Swift.

I saw him twice in Manchester first time was just after Good Kid Madd City, the second was after DAMN. He was unbelievable both times, the crowd were up for it as well if being his own show and not a festival show.

1 minute ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Where has this Kendrick rumour come from? Sweet lord these rumoured headliners are outragously big 

New album next year, Emily loves him and would want him booked. Two years ago I could see him being booked on the success of DAMN. and maybe being an act that would want to do 50th.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

New album next year, Emily loves him and would want him booked. Two years ago I could see him being booked on the success of DAMN. and maybe being an act that would want to do 50th.

Yeah I see that. Also is the general view that the 3 headliners are already booked in? 

I’m sure they just get the best they can but I have divided my guess by category.

old gits/legend

elton, FM, Macca - FM

Uk newbie on the rise

1975, Foals, wolf Alice - 1975

Contemporary Star

TS, Kendrick, Dave - TS

Just now, Deadendfriends8 said:

Yeah I see that. Also is the general view that the 3 headliners are already booked in? 

Two were meant to be booked two years ago and Macca was supposedly booked for 2019 and Taylor doesn't seem like an act to be booked that far in advance. At the current moment I am thinking that Kendrick and FM/Elton were booked back then.

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Seems like a weekly thing that someone mentions Macca again completely forgetting that he's been ruled out by Emily's husband no less. 

I've been purposely ignoring the rumours because I'm starting a new job, but now I can. Can you fill me in? What did he say?

I don't understand really why people want Fleetwood Mac. Haven't they been turning it down for years because they weren't getting paid enough? I've always got the impression that they don't actually understand or care about the festival, so why would you want to give them such an important slot?

Maybe I'm biased because I think they're crap, but I'm just really hoping it's not them.

5 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I've been purposely ignoring the rumours because I'm starting a new job, but now I can. Can you fill me in? What did he say?

Nick had said that Macca wasn't playing next year, Neil seemed to think that he was lined up to play 2019 and possibly dropped out but wouldn't be in the frame for 20. Neil seems pretty certain on it so unless something has changed since Nick said that then don't expect Macca there

8 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

We're definitely at the point where someone can drop in with a big name and no rhyme or reason as to why they might be there but we'll still discuss it for pages

Therefore I'm now saying Genesis

Odds on Mr Blobby?

15 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Nick had said that Macca wasn't playing next year, Neil seemed to think that he was lined up to play 2019 and possibly dropped out but wouldn't be in the frame for 20. Neil seems pretty certain on it so unless something has changed since Nick said that then don't expect Macca there

Ta very much