2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Superscally said:

Three known occasions, someone posted the New York thing here in the middle of peak Mac chat...

Enjoy it you lucky lucky buggers ??

Thanks I won't!

I only knew about the London thing and thought he was just working the crowd. If he is actually nodding towards it taking place as a one-off after the end of the tour then ink them in.

Seems a bit odd that they're talking about fields, possibly referring to Glastonbury, while playing shows at the other side of the world.

If they've booked FM as a worldwide exclusive then fair play to them. That would be massive. Just don't see it unfortunately. Their tour is coming to an end and I can't see them doing it as a one off. My money is on them being booked or pencilled in but it's since fallen through.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Neil Finn thing's probably a red herring.  Not sure of the detail but I assume he's an employee rather than a full member of the band, so a one off Crowded House gig shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

Depends whether it’s a one off or a prelude to a bigger tour. Admittedly there’s little stopping them from just getting someone else in.

I’m starting to get on board with this.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Supported by Adele?

In other news, looks like Lady Gaga's Vegas residency ends late May........

She still has another run left to announce and perform in order to fulfill her contract. It might pop up at the end of this year or when the first set of shows are done in january.

So, in the light of the news that FM might be playing - are they any cop with the Crowded House dude in place of LB?

[Only just registered from catching up from last night that @dentalplanand @Superscallydidn't get lucky over the last week - so sorry to hear that guys. :( ]

Edited by Woffy
spelling

FM have got to definitely be playing now. You don’t allude it three times and it doesn’t happen. They said they would burn in hell if they don’t play it and I don’t see a year Glastonbury would splash the cash than the 50th anniversary.  It’s an act they’ve always wanted and a worldwide exclusive for the Mac would have to be the biggest festival in the world. We have heard whispers it may be in the book and saying we are playing a muddy field is as obvious as it gets.  The site says finishing the 18/19 tour. Nothing about the next few years. I think it’s people trying to find any little thing why it may not happen. See you all for the biggest pyramid crowd ever ?

13 minutes ago, Woffy said:

So, in the light of the news that FM might be playing - are they any cop with the Crowded House dude in place of LB?

[Only just registered from catching up from last night that @dentalplanand @Superscallydidn't get lucky over the last week - so sorry to hear that guys. :( ]

Nah I’m in like Finn. I just won’t be enjoying Fleetwood Mac, whether they’re there or not. :P

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Neil Finn thing's probably a red herring.  Not sure of the detail but I assume he's an employee rather than a full member of the band, so a one off Crowded House gig shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

Apparently when him and the other fella got the calls, it was to join as full members. That said, Crowded House are still only on for Bluesfest as things stand

Just now, henry bear said:

Apparently when him and the other fella got the calls, it was to join as full members. That said, Crowded House are still only on for Bluesfest as things stand

The poster for Bluesfest says 'Australia exclusive', not 'world wide'. He's also said more dates to come so I expect some big festivals around the world. 

Surely there's still some European festivals around Glastonbury that the Mac could pop up at? Their use of 'field' singular is a bit odd and definitely hints at Glastonbury and nothing else, but for such a bunch of money hungry bastards it seems odd that they'd start up again just for a one off low paying job, unless they've just really come around to wanting to do it and see the prestige that comes with it.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Surely there's still some European festivals around Glastonbury that the Mac could pop up at? Their use of 'field' singular is a bit odd and definitely hints at Glastonbury and nothing else, but for such a bunch of money hungry bastards it seems odd that they'd start up again just for a one off low paying job, unless they've just really come around to wanting to do it and see the prestige that comes with it.

Have they done Werchter boutique? I feel like they have. That would be one!

18 hours ago, jparx said:

The thing with the Oasis reunion is that it might sound alright in theory, but there's no way it'd be any good in practice.

Oasis have already reunited and done Glastonbury and it was pretty awful. If they're going to get together, release a decent album and actually put some effort in, then perhaps. Couldn't be less interested in a reunion under any other circumstances.

I'm quite the opposite. I adored Oasis, but musically I feel they're done. I'd appreciate a reunion tour, Glasto / Knebworth & then they both go back to their own projects  

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I’m in like Finn. I just won’t be enjoying Fleetwood Mac, whether they’re there or not. :P

I see what you did there...and I like it.

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

The Mac might do another stadium gig or two to pay the bills. 

How much did Buckingham shaft them for after they binned him (or whatever happened)? Surely they can't be skint. Mick could always up the price of his intimate meet n greets.