2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I honestly think the talk of them not being headliner worthy is just delusion whipped up from a choice few on here.

I think there are arguments for and against, and neither side is delusional. Dental has put some convincing arguments forward why it's not a fantasy prediction, but there are some solid reasons to argue they aren't at the headliner level as well. Part of the fun of this thread init.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think there are arguments for and against, and neither side is delusional. Dental has put some convincing arguments forward why it's not a fantasy prediction, but there are some solid reasons to argue they aren't at the headliner level as well. Part of the fun of this thread init.

Very fair way to look at it. Equally, part of the fun is seeing people suggest Elton John for the legend slot once every four pages.

Bringing it back to Fleetwood Mac, at the end of one of their Auckland gigs a few weeks back, Mick said something along the lines of (in relation to the band) "we're not done yet, we still have to play in a field somewhere".  I instantly thought Glastonbury but it's also a weird comment to make to a New Zealand audience if it is Glasto related.  This was also before I knew he had made a similar comment at Wembley.

Side note, as a biased kiwi, Neil Finn was an amazing replacement in the band, and I couldn't help think the entire time how good this would be on the Pyramid stage.  Counting my lucky stars I got a ticket, 

1 minute ago, nicnzl said:

Bringing it back to Fleetwood Mac, at the end of one of their Auckland gigs a few weeks back, Mick said something along the lines of (in relation to the band) "we're not done yet, we still have to play in a field somewhere".  I instantly thought Glastonbury but it's also a weird comment to make to a New Zealand audience if it is Glasto related.  This was also before I knew he had made a similar comment at Wembley.

Side note, as a biased kiwi, Neil Finn was an amazing replacement in the band, and I couldn't help think the entire time how good this would be on the Pyramid stage.  Counting my lucky stars I got a ticket, 

This made me laugh more than it should have. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

To be honest that looks a bit rank. Impressive crowd, but it looks uncomfortably overcrowded. 

I was there and it sucked, and I like foals. Honestly, having been there for Elbow in 2017 now I've come to the conclusion I don't want to see a big act on the park stage, it's an awful stage for it, it sits at the top of a hill so if you aren't near you can't see s**t,  there's no screens, the sound tent is bloody wide and right in the middle of the thing, all the walkways get completely packed out, and if you up to the crows nest you can't really hear anything. John Peel is a much better location.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

To be honest that looks a bit rank. Impressive crowd, but it looks uncomfortably overcrowded. 

This is a video i took from right at the front. It was very squashed and i nearly fell over and lost my hat a few times but was also fucking epic!

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Anybody know or have a decent estimate of how many people were at Foals (not very) secret set at the Park this year?

I was up at the Crows Nest and the crowd nearly reached back up to there. 

Yes this was all of us Efests mega fans! 

A1EA7A32-950E-4D0E-BA7A-447C1214ED5F.png

4 hours ago, nicnzl said:

First evidence of him saying this more than once?

?

Did we hear anything else on that scurrilous bit of tittle-tattle regarding Dhani H's mum and the bloke off of Dancing In The Moonlight?

??