2020 headliners

jj200

I can see Foals headlining if there are two very big headliners next to them. If they’ve got e.g. McCartney and Swift a smaller band getting a leg up makes sense and would be completely uncontroversial. Could also help cost wise as I reckon Foals would do it for nowt.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Anybody know or have a decent estimate of how many people were at Foals (not very) secret set at the Park this year?

I was up at the Crows Nest and the crowd nearly reached back up to there. 

Not sure. Can't have been many. Only a delusional faction of eFests were there.

Good to see you here again!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not sure. Can't have been many. Only a delusional faction of eFests were there.

Good to see you here again!

Ha! 

Cheers. I generally need to decompress from Glastobating after the festival. Then I’m in too much of a nervous state to contribute before T-Day!

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Anybody know or have a decent estimate of how many people were at Foals (not very) secret set at the Park this year?

I was up at the Crows Nest and the crowd nearly reached back up to there. 

Not a number but.... this many. From Jimmy and Yannis’ Instagram posts 

93B41389-63C6-4D5E-93CD-922D4F364053.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Ha! 

Cheers. I generally need to decompress from Glastobating after the festival. Then I’m in too much of a nervous state to contribute before T-Day!

Wish I was the same.

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

what's the point in the secret set if they know they're back the next time?

Killers had 2 years until the next fest and we know they were drafted in very late in the game.

I think of it more that they're willing to throw in a special guest slot to make the fest a bit more special so that gesture may be rewarded, rather than tit for tat.

Edited by dentalplan

28 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Not a number but.... this many. From Jimmy and Yannis’ Instagram posts 

93B41389-63C6-4D5E-93CD-922D4F364053.jpeg

I’m calling that ‘a quarter of a Pyramid Field-full’. Which ain’t gonna cut it for headlining. 

Scientific Method, innit. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

Really? I remember their being rumours but never heard that. Was that instead of Elbow??

I don't know much else, I was actually told on the Saturday of that festival, as I know someone who is in the Gorillaz circle. Strange one, and it was quite gutting. No idea what they are up to this year though.

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’m calling that ‘a quarter of a Pyramid Field-full’. Which ain’t gonna cut it for headlining. 

Scientific Method, innit. 

I would like to refer back to them allegedly getting a bigger crowd than the headliner in 2016, while playing on the Pyramid. We’ll see, though.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I would like to refer back to them allegedly getting a bigger crowd than the headliner in 2016, while playing on the Pyramid. We’ll see, though.

While potentially hypothesis busting, for this to be scientific it needs an instagram post to back it up. 

In all all seriousness I didn’t know about that. Who did they sub that year? I can’t remember. 

I gotta say, I don't get the whole Foals thing. I get that they have a following, but I also feel like they have a level. There's a long line of artists that I think are way more popular that should be in the queue before Foals (just based off my perception of their popularity, mind); The 1975, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood.

I just don't understand the idea that Foals are big enough to headline, but Miley Cyrus only got an afternoon slot, who IMO is a worldwide megastar in comparison.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I can see Foals headlining if there are two very big headliners next to them. If they’ve got e.g. McCartney and Swift a smaller band getting a leg up makes sense and would be completely uncontroversial. Could also help cost wise as I reckon Foals would do it for nowt.

£2.50 and a packet of monster munch would seal the deal.

Just now, K2SO said:

I gotta say, I don't get the whole Foals thing. I get that they have a following, but I also feel like they have a level. There's a long line of artists that I think are way more popular that should be in the queue before Foals (just based off my perception of their popularity, mind); The 1975, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood.

I just don't understand the idea that Foals are big enough to headline, but Miley Cyrus only got an afternoon slot, who IMO is a worldwide megastar in comparison.

Foals didnt get a large crowd when they headlined Bestival back when they were a much more exciting live band. Can't see them being offered that kind of slot on the Pyramid.

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Foals didnt get a large crowd when they headlined Bestival back when they were a much more exciting live band. Can't see them being offered that kind of slot on the Pyramid.

I think it's probably mostly just wishful thinking from a group of people ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Woffy said:

While potentially hypothesis busting, for this to be scientific it needs an instagram post to back it up. 

In all all seriousness I didn’t know about that. Who did they sub that year? I can’t remember. 

Muse if I remember correctly