2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, K2SO said:

Good, I needed a reality check. The excitement of getting a ticket doesn't wear off for a while, and sometimes I get a little carried away! Though if The 1975 headline getting a ticket will all of a sudden become a disappointment ???

I keep reminding myself that there hasn't been a Glastonbury in 10 years where I've loved all 3 headliners and only in 2017 where I saw all 3 (though for the life of me, can't remember who was on Friday night). So the chances of it happening in 2020 are quite slim.

But that's ok, great even, because it means I have one less headache over what headliner to see if I personally don't rate them.

I hope that at least one of them will be a big, once in a lifetime act but I've got to keep myself grounded because as much as I want it to be daft punk, lady gaga and Fleetwood mac, it's only going to end in disappointment if its anything less.

That said, I'm going to bloody love the speculation for the next 200 odd days

1975, FMac, Taylor would mean 2 at the pyramid, 1 away. But a part of me feels like Foals may have struck the same deal as the killers did. Secret set > headline the following year.

Foals headlining does absolutely nothing for me, think it’s pretty pointless really they’ve not grew any since their 2016 sub slot. And I think that’s pretty much their ceiling anyway. 

1975 - Although bias because I do like them, are at least on the rise. And with the Greta Thurnberg intro on climate change on the new album and the very eco-friendly path they seem to be taking now (recycled mercy and CD’s) I think it fits well with Glastonbury ethos. Which adds to why I think it could well be them. Test the waters headlining Leeds and reading which went down well last year, do the big one the year after. The biggest of the big one too.

Fleetwood Mac - Think they’re due to hand a landmark act. Been chasing them for however long, and with the comments on being back on uk soil next summer for an iconic festival, it only really seems to spell one name doesn’t it? If they're ever going to do it, now is the time you’d say.

Taylor Swift - Not really sure on any info on this one just seen her being talked about. Female and big enough to do it, got enough tunes to tie her over with the neutrals in the crowd. But personally don’t see it happening, unsure as of why but I don’t. 

Even though the back and forth is no good for my blood pressure, I at least hope we have an enthralling ride with this year’s headliners as last years were set in stone quite early I remember. Take us back to the 2015 Chris Martin super group theories.

On that note, didn’t Chris Martin talk about playing the 50th anniversary, saying he’d be there headlining or not? Or am I just talking out of my ass with this one?

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if the goddamn Courteeners show up again I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, will totally destroy and obliterate the Other Stage (I’ve done before!)

I'm hoping they won't be performing seeing as they've done the last two. 7 appearances in the last 11 years, they are due a break from the festival.

If they festival tried and weren't able to book the Mac or the Macca I can see how their train of thought could lead them asking The Stones back. 

Six years is enough of a gap, there's plenty folk (like me) who missed them in 2013. If the Eavii really want a huge act for the anniversary they'd be ideal. 

3 hours ago, Quark said:
3 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

At least Blue could come out and do Sorry seems to be the hardest word with Elton.

Fly By and One Love rocking the stage? I'd be all over that :D

I definitely saw them in Manchester when Sorry seems to be the hardest word was out. Dec 2002, making me a 12 year old girl at the time which I think excuses me somewhat 

I'd take any of Blur, Macca, FM, ACDC, Bruce that have been mentioned for sure. 1975 and Taylor swift would depend on what else was happening at the time. Foals not so much for me

8 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Sorry if this has been said, but apparently the organisers of Cardiff Castle posted about the Foals tour tease. That’s typically on Glasto weekend - The Killers did both this year. Thoughts on this?

I’ve seen this. It’s actually a venue called Depot (there’s a few around the UK) who occasionally do a day festival in Cardiff Castle. 
This is it: 

EDIT: Just checked the DEPOT Live Facebook page and they’ve posted this image but with no other info. 

A2D5218E-CB20-493C-9536-828DFB7AA5E2.jpeg

Edited by DareToDibble

24 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Even though the back and forth is no good for my blood pressure, I at least hope we have an enthralling ride with this year’s headliners as last years were set in stone quite early I remember. Take us back to the 2015 Chris Martin super group theories.

On that note, didn’t Chris Martin talk about playing the 50th anniversary, saying he’d be there headlining or not? Or am I just talking out of my ass with this one?

Give it a few weeks and the supergroup theory will be building. I think although everyone here is in denial, there is a very strong chance of Coldplay doing it. 

I enjoyed them last time for what it's worth, but it was the first time I'd seen them and only my 2nd festival. Not sure I'd return for a 2nd headline slow of theirs

Just now, Jacksamthompson said:

Any chance we get gorillaz again? Last time they played was ten years ago. 

They were supposed to play The Park in 2017, and pulled out last minute to give the band members a break. It was even in their tour diary.

I don't think we'll see them next year as Damon has a new project going. Then again, that man does whatever he wants.

44 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve seen this. It’s actually a venue called Depot (there’s a few around the UK) who occasionally do a day festival in Cardiff Castle. 
This is it: 

EDIT: Just checked the DEPOT Live Facebook page and they’ve posted this image but with no other info. 

A2D5218E-CB20-493C-9536-828DFB7AA5E2.jpeg

Thanks for chasing this up mate! If Foals could do what the Killers did last year and do Cardiff Castle then hop over to the Pyramid the next day (or vice versa), that would be great.