2020 headliners

jj200

33 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think Neil said Nick categorically ixnayed Macca to his face 

not me, 5co77ie. Same thing really, Nick knew he was talking to efestivals - which I always take as meaning it's for repeating. And if it's for repeating it's because macca playing isn't true (or at least, wasn't true at the time of Nick's words).

That's how I take it, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Besswhereareya? said:

To wade in on the whole Fleetwood Mac debate.

I was at Wembley when Mick Fleetwood made his infamous ‘muddy field’ speech.

Unless he’s trolling the whole Glastonbury community why say it? 

It could be read a couple of ways:

*’see you next year’

*’I suppose we’ll have to do it eventually’

17 minutes ago, Besswhereareya? said:

To wade in on the whole Fleetwood Mac debate.

I was at Wembley when Mick Fleetwood made his infamous ‘muddy field’ speech.

Unless he’s trolling the whole Glastonbury community why say it? 

Thing is, different people interpreted it differently. Some people thought it was talking about the future, some people thought it was talking about the past. Some people thought it was about Glastonbury, some people thought it was more generic.

Odds are we've all put a lot more thought into his words than he did.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but my take is that once the tour is over they’ll be done for a while. They tend to come out every few years for a mega tour then go back into hibernation.

Yeah I agree generally. Logically it’s not them but I wouldn’t 100% rule them out *just* yet.

So there are very good reasons that currently it’s not the Mac, the Macca, or the Reg. Anyone think of any other legacy act in the running? Or will they just go ‘big, safe guitar band’ and throw in an e.g.Arctic Monkeys next to Swift and The 1975?

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Thing is, different people interpreted it differently. Some people thought it was talking about the future, some people thought it was talking about the past. Some people thought it was about Glastonbury, some people thought it was more generic.

Odds are we've all put a lot more thought into his words than he did.

He was 100% talking about the future. 

Rambled on for a bit about how great it is they get to play music etc

Then said we’ve still got more to do including the whole muddy field bit. 

I think what he’s alluding to is pretty clear. The question is wether he meant it or not.

8 minutes ago, Besswhereareya? said:

He was 100% talking about the future. 

Rambled on for a bit about how great it is they get to play music etc

Then said we’ve still got more to do including the whole muddy field bit. 

I think what he’s alluding to is pretty clear. The question is wether he meant it or not.

I was also there and that's how I took it.

However I still don't think it necessarily means next year. In recent months there has been a lot of flirting from both sides and it is pretty obvious that conversations have taken place. I still take it to mean they'll play GF when they next tour rather than them committing specifically to next year,

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I was also there and that's how I took it.

However I still don't think it necessarily means next year. In recent months there has been a lot of flirting from both sides and it is pretty obvious that conversations have taken place between both parties. I still take it to mean they'll play GF when they next tour rather than them committing specifically to next year,

Fair point. 

They need to get a move on though, they’re not getting any younger ?

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think Neil said Nick categorically ixnayed Macca to his face so we're unsure on who the third one might be if Taylor and 75 are the other two. Fleetwood Mac seem to be going dormant, maybe it's Elton, maybe Springsteen feels like another crack of the bat, maybe it's somebody we've not discussed.

Thats great as he was the one of the three i'm not that fussed about. 

1975 & Taylor would be incredible 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want either 1975 or Taylor Swift?

Saw 1975 this year, wasn’t blown away. No interest in Swifty, she’s just not my cup of tea. 

If either of them headline at least it will be easy for me to get into the south east corner. 

I love TayTay but just do not get how The 1975 have got so big. Saw them a few times as support acts back in the day and they were so dull!