2020 headliners

jj200

My guess is that Saturday night should be party night so Taylor Swift will play then.

To end the festival, on the Sunday, the band they've been trying to bag for decades - Fleetwood Mac.

And the Friday should start with a bang so I'd have Half Man, Half Biscuit (or, if they're not available, Arctic Monkeys).

Elton as the legend is nailed on as far as I'm concerned (90 mins slot of hit after hit) and Coldplay opening the Pyramid stage on Friday lunchtime.

Pretty sure there's not a cat-in-hell's chance of Kasabian ever headlining again. Their popularity is on the wane.

Also, wouldn't Swifty playing BST be classed as her gig, rather than a festival? I thought she was playing festivals only?

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I still think this ends the FM stuff. They’re finishing their 18/19 tour next month, seems unlikely they’ll get back in the road so soon in 2020.

They won’t play one offs.

Half their touring band are going back to their day jobs.

CB57C38C-82E3-4EDF-BA06-8DE911A8A4EE.png

I’m being pedantic here (and I’m not a huge FM fan particularly) but that does say ‘finale to their 2018-19 tour’. They could start up again in 2020.

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

The other thing that adds to the Swift rumour is that i'm sure she was spotted at this years festival, must have been scouting it like Adele did. 

The gap in her tour dates for next year could be so she can attend as a regular festival goer again. 

Did she manage to get a ticket yesterday? 

She’s also rumoured to be doing Sziget next year but they’re not sure if they can afford her. If it comes down to Glasto only being able to afford FM or Swift I hope they go for FM. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The gap in her tour dates for next year could be so she can attend as a regular festival goer again. 

Did she manage to get a ticket yesterday? 

She’s also rumoured to be doing Sziget next year but they’re not sure if they can afford her. If it comes down to Glasto only being able to afford FM or Swift I hope they go for FM. 

Where did the Sziget rumour come from?

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m being pedantic here (and I’m not a huge FM fan particularly) but that does say ‘finale to their 2018-19 tour’. They could start up again in 2020.

True, but my take is that once the tour is over they’ll be done for a while. They tend to come out every few years for a mega tour then go back into hibernation.

1 minute ago, ogriff said:

I might be overestimating their popularity (as I don't much care for them), but having a band as big as Coldplay open the pyramid when there is no competition on other stages is a recipe for starting the festival with a horrendous crush...

Think you're overestimating it.

Everyone is sick to the back teeth of Christ Martin, and there was competition on the Friday this year (Tame Impala on the OT was incredible.

19 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Where did the Sziget rumour come from?

Just something I’ve seen on reddit. Could just be speculation as it’s known she’s doing a lot of festivals next year. 

A lot of last year’s commercial festival acts did Glastonbury in 2017. Similar headliners, I can’t see Glasto having the same headliners that are doing R&L, Sziget etc in 2020. They normally seem to do something different to the usual bands on the festival circuit. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just something I’ve seen on reddit. Could just be speculation as it’s known she’s doing a lot of festivals next year. 

A lot of last year’s commercial festival acts did Glastonbury in 2017. Similar headliners, I can’t see Glasto having the same headliners that are doing R&L, Sziget etc in 2020. They normally seem to do something different to the usual bands on the festival circuit.

Been a bit of overlap with Sziget, historically. I don't think that factors in much. Though yes they don't tend to share headliners with R&L - they're the two biggest festivals in the country, it'd be daft if they did.