2020 headliners

jj200

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Nah I reckon The 1975 have got to be the next most likely candidates after Taylor Swift, it's really rare for them to have 2 oldies in the same year. As with every year they can only book the band's they can get, and if that happens to be Taylor, Loose Women Jr, and somebody else then that who they'll get.

Loose women jr has properly tickled me 

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, so here's a question. You're allowed three headliners:

-one has to have headlined the festival before

-one has to have played the festival, but not headlined the Pyramid before

-one has to have never played the festival before

Who do you pick?

Foo Fighters

Courteeners ( Don’t Judge )

AC/DC

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Now we’re talking! (Elton would be the preference of those 3 options).

I guess they could potentially get 2 of the 3 by putting one in the legends slot?

There is literally zero chance of any of macca/FM/Elton accepting the legends slot. They are all headline or bust.

just look at the recent legend slot occupants and theyre not even in the same league. 

I know we all get giddy with the possibilities this time of year but i strongly suspect that next years lineup will be no more or less strong than any other year.

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

There is literally zero chance of any of macca/FM/Elton accepting the legends slot. They are all headline or bust.

just look at the recent legend slot occupants and theyre not even in the same league. 

I know we all get giddy with the possibilities this time of year but i strongly suspect that next years lineup will be no more or less strong than any other year.

However I reckon there will be a few more surprises with secret sets and one big headliner (FM, Elton or Macca) the rest the same yeah.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I’m hoping the 50th celebrations will come in the strength of the undercard rather than just the three at the top.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m hoping the 50th celebrations will come in the strength of the undercard rather than just the three at the top.

That would actually be the best thing that could come out of it! Headliners get all the press coverage but strength in depth makes a classic year over an average one

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If George Ezra releases an album either in 2020 or first half of 2021 he’s headlining 21.

He's ya damage limitation in 2022. Him, an old fucker people still try and care about, and I dunno someone people like for the third one. Should I start a thread?

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Foals, Elton John, Taylor Swift this year

1975, Kendrick, Nick Cave next year 

Damage limitation the year after.

Would take this! I don't like to be restricted to only watching pyramid headliners so foals would be a good excuse to go elsewhere (really do not understand the hype with them)

The following year I'd watch all of them but wouldn't mind skipping kendrick for something else

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, so here's a question. You're allowed three headliners:

-one has to have headlined the festival before

-one has to have played the festival, but not headlined the Pyramid before

-one has to have never played the festival before

Who do you pick?

- Blur

- Daft Punk

- Elton John

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

I reckon they will try for Elton to be the legend, fourth headliner, headliner in the sun to massage his ego.

Given he like to play in league two grounds, a 100,000 strong crowd must have some appeal?

I would have said "no chance" he wants to headline, but a 2 hour legend slot would not surprise. Especially when Kylie had the biggest Glastonbury TV viewing figures ever.