2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More like that's when the deal was sealed.

Rocking out to Friday I'm in Love In the wings with Emily and Stella McCartney, gentlewoman's handshake to make it happen and then nip out for a pint of half and half while there's no-one about that's likely to recognise her.

I heard Shake Dog Shake was the inspiration for one of hers

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's not really meant, but I can see how you would think that from what I read. If Taylor is available, then she would def be booked regardless of the night, but for example when SW headlined 2010, he was by far the best choice to close the festival and they'd obv planned it a little with the singalong at the end, I thought if they had that privilege again, there would be better options than Taylor, theoretically speaking

The question is whether they have that privilege. If you were on here before the 2010 festival there was all sorts of crazy theories about how huge the line up was gonna be. There were secret acts all over the place and headliners playing too low and all sorts (Eavis stoked it all up pretty well too). Then the line up turned out to be nothing more than a strong, but typical Glastonbury line up. 2020 will be the same.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rocking out to Friday I'm in Love In the wings with Emily and Stella McCartney, gentlewoman's handshake to make it happen and then nip out for a pint of half and half while there's no-one about that's likely to recognise her.

Except those steely-eyed vultures who home in on celebs at the cider bus, right CalGo?

Edited by kalifire

At this point, I'd be really surprised if Taylor didn't headline Glastonbury 2020. Everything in her schedule and recent announcements fits. I'm surprised Neil doesn't have her down as a SR at this point, insider info or not. It just seems obvious.

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It seems Sunday night fits the best with her tour, but she could very well be at other fests on the same weekend.

Will she be as good as Stevie Wonder was in 2010 for the 40th anniversary? Anyone in the forum who was there? I was at the back - I came in late with my girlfriend at the time, remains one of only two headliners on the Pyramid I've seen in entirety (the other being Metallica), both two of the best gigs at the festival I've ever been to.

Question; is Taylor the best way to sign-off on the 50th? Without a question, she's definitely worthy of a headliner slot, but the 50th closing-anniversary-performance?

If I could choose, I'd choose Mac or Elton personally for such an honour...

That set remains one of my favourite ever memories. I uploaded it to YouTube after the festival for prosperity and it's somehow remained up nine years later, I like to think even the BBC give it a little watch now and again - It was that good! 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

What  makes it more dubious is that her tour doesnt go onsale for another week. Why make it oh so convinient to delay the onsale for 2 weeks after announcement and this onsale has to go down. they might just drop her name on monday for all we know.

Just a hunch, but I could see it being announced tomorrow...they've been getting earlier and earlier with headliner announcements, why not just drop one on T day? Might alter the headlines from "punters angry and not getting tickets".

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just a hunch, but I could see it being announced tomorrow...they've been getting earlier and earlier with headliner announcements, why not just drop one on T day? Might alter the headlines from "punters angry and not getting tickets".

Not sure I could handle Taylor being announced and not getting a ticket on the same day. Give me room to prepare.

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Kinda because it rubs salt into the wound of them who haven't been successful and it's not as if the festival being wildly popular really is anything other than a great headline.

5 hours ago, jparx said:

I think theyll wait til monday. The dust has to settle and they would want a normal news cycle out of this, especially if theres other dates that go with the glasto announcement. She is on saturday night live tonight with phoebe waller bridge so maybe she hints at it? 

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think theyll wait til monday. The dust has to settle and they would want a normal news cycle out of this, especially if theres other dates that go with the glasto announcement. She is on saturday night live tonight with phoebe waller bridge so maybe she hints at it? 

It's a sketch comedy show for a US audience, where she's gonna be the musical guest and appear in some comedy bits. She's not gonna hint at playing Glastonbury.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's a sketch comedy show for a US audience, where she's gonna be the musical guest and appear in some comedy bits. She's not gonna hint at playing Glastonbury.

She loves to be cryptic and would say she dropped a hint at something if she could if given the chance.  She will say she hinted at it 6 months ago in some interview and make everyone go look for the hints.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay, so here's a question. You're allowed three headliners:

-one has to have headlined the festival before

-one has to have played the festival, but not headlined the Pyramid before

-one has to have never played the festival before

Who do you pick?

Blur

The 1975

Taylor Swift

Would do me nicely!

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who do you pick?

Lana Del Rey

Macca

Tay

LDR won't headline, but she's my answer none the less.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who do you pick?

1. Blur

2. Lady Gaga

3. Madonna