2020 headliners

jj200

There’s also roskilde festival in Denmark that weekend... Also fits into the Scandinavia -> Poland travel itinerary better than Glastonbury.

edit: roskilde already announced but for  weds 1st - missed that 

Edited by mattiloy
I am dumb

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dude come on. It’s way more than what is more prestigious. Taylor Swift making her lolla debut at the Stockholm version and not doing any other lollas across the world is way more of a reach than some are giving it credit for.

I’d say BST’s total silence at the moment is something more concerning than a festival in Stockholm.

BST don’t tend to start announcing until the end of the year at the earliest so I wouldn’t read anything into that.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I am sure she’ll play Glastonbury instead but you seem so threatened by the prospect of Taylor being somewhere else that weekend that you’re being overly dismissive of it.

There’s also the possibility that the G’s Pyramid headliners were all booked before TS became available 

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

There’s also roskilde festival in Denmark that weekend... Also fits into the Scandinavia -> Poland travel itinerary better than Glastonbury.

edit: roskilde already announced but for  weds 1st - missed that 

I think there's every chance Glastonbury is the big event she's coming over for and the other festivals have been scheduled around it. The travel itinerary might not be relevant at all and plenty of acts have hopped around Europe on a festival tour. Glastonbury is the showpiece festival in Europe and especially the UK - now she's decided to do festivals surely she will want to be playing the most prestigious? I think Glasto, BST and perhaps Mad Cool will be announced.

20 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I have no idea who the hell Billie elish is.... When I saw someone post the word Billie I thourght you meant Billie piper which would be just a little fucked up ???

Haaa I saw Billie Piper at the pyramid stage at my first Glastonbury 

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

There’s also the possibility that the G’s Pyramid headliners were all booked before TS became available 

This will have been booked a long way in advance. She'd probably already decided to do it before she came down to see Sad Bob and enjoy a pint of tramp's piss this year.

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This will have been booked a long way in advance. She'd probably already decided to do it before she came down to see Sad Bob and enjoy a pint of tramp's piss this year.

More like that's when the deal was sealed.

Rocking out to Friday I'm in Love In the wings with Emily and Stella McCartney, gentlewoman's handshake to make it happen and then nip out for a pint of half and half while there's no-one about that's likely to recognise her.

It seems Sunday night fits the best with her tour, but she could very well be at other fests on the same weekend.

Will she be as good as Stevie Wonder was in 2010 for the 40th anniversary? Anyone in the forum who was there? I was at the back - I came in late with my girlfriend at the time, remains one of only two headliners on the Pyramid I've seen in entirety (the other being Metallica), both two of the best gigs at the festival I've ever been to.

Question; is Taylor the best way to sign-off on the 50th? Without a question, she's definitely worthy of a headliner slot, but the 50th closing-anniversary-performance?

If I could choose, I'd choose Mac or Elton personally for such an honour...

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Question; is Taylor the best way to sign-off on the 50th? Without a question, she's definitely worthy of a headliner slot, but the 50th closing-anniversary-performance?

If I could choose, I'd choose Mac or Elton personally for such an honour...

Yes, because really it’s just another year and just another night.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

YEah, you're right, I'm sure they won't make any special plans because it's the 50th.

There'll be so much to do with the anniversary going on in the departments they have more control over; areas, installations, undercards, special guests, etc. Headline booking seems to require the festival playing by the acts' rules a bit more - they can't keep Taylor Swift hanging because she can only headline Sunday and really they wanted someone old to headline that night.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

you seem so threatened by the prospect of Taylor being somewhere else that weekend that you’re being overly dismissive of it.

Yeah I really want her to play, but I see a few users here don’t and are clasping to anything that will rule her out. 

Also you’re wrong, there is a Lolla roster. I don’t want to go on about it too much - The only acts they can book are those partnered with the lolla brand.  All of the big headliners have debuted at the flagship festival before playing others across the globe.  But I wanna park it now because it’s boring.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There'll be so much to do with the anniversary going on in the departments they have more control over; areas, installations, undercards, special guests, etc. Headline booking seems to require the festival playing by the acts' rules a bit more - they can't keep Taylor Swift hanging because she can only headline Sunday and really they wanted someone old to headline that night.

That's not really meant, but I can see how you would think that from what I read. If Taylor is available, then she would def be booked regardless of the night, but for example when SW headlined 2010, he was by far the best choice to close the festival and they'd obv planned it a little with the singalong at the end, I thought if they had that privilege again, there would be better options than Taylor, theoretically speaking

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's not really meant, but I can see how you would think that from what I read. If Taylor is available, then she would def be booked regardless of the night, but for example when SW headlined 2010, he was by far the best choice to close the festival and they'd obv planned it a little with the singalong at the end, I thought if they had that privilege again, there would be better options than Taylor, theoretically speaking

SW was a late replacement for the Rolling Stones. I highly doubt these things influence who plays when.

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yep, was purely theoretical, I see that's not how it sounded or will ever be interpreted...

Nah I understand the point you’re making. I imagine on an ideal year they can be picky but i imagine in todays competitive climate they can only book the dates the bands/artists can actually make/ what fits with their touring plans. 

For example I heard that Foo Fighters were booked for the Friday in 2015 because they planned to fly back to America straight after the gig was finished because it was the last day of the European leg and the US leg was starting on the 4th July.

Edited by Matt42

17 hours ago, Hawky said:

Absolutely nothing to take from that...

... but cool that you spoke to him.

As I said it's up to people to think what they like.

Not that cool, he's my neighbour. We know he's not gonna spill either way.  I just wanted to make him smile( the giggle was a bonus), and chat about village stuff.