2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are you trying to troll or are you being serious?

I’m being serious.

Im absolutely amazed anyone serious thinks that out of all the artists queuing up to headline Glastonbury 2020 that anyone thinks Taylor Swift will be one of the 3 that gets chosen.

if I’m wrong fair enough and I’ll be the first person to alllow the piss to be taken out of me. But I’m really surprised it’s a serious rumour.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No way that Billie Eilish is successful enough to headline. Dumpy's Rusty Nuts on the other hand have a new single that's a huge return to form and they deserve a shot at it.

Yeah, but it's no 'Boxhill or Bust'

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just been at an acoustic night at Pilton Working mans club. One of the acts does a cover of stairway to heaven.

i go over to Michael Eavis and say: so will we hear stairway to heaven on the farm in June?

micheal giggles

micheal: did he play stairway to heaven?

me: yes

micheal : really?

me : yes it was his second song ( me thinking, I know he murdered it but even I could recognise the track)

micheal: oh I didn’t recognise it, really? So how are you?

take from that what you will......

Absolutely nothing to take from that...

... but cool that you spoke to him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

I’m being serious.

Im absolutely amazed anyone serious thinks that out of all the artists queuing up to headline Glastonbury 2020 that anyone thinks Taylor Swift will be one of the 3 that gets chosen.

if I’m wrong fair enough and I’ll be the first person to alllow the piss to be taken out of me. But I’m really surprised it’s a serious rumour.

If Tay doesn't play Glastonbury next year, it'll be because she chose not to, not because the festival didn't choose her.

Glasto HQ would kill to have Taylor Swift headline. She's one of the most successful singer songwriters of the millennium.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jparx said:

If Tay doesn't play Glastonbury next year, it'll be because she chose not to, not because the festival didn't choose her.

Glasto HQ would kill to have Taylor Swift headline. She's one of the most successful singer songwriters of the millennium.

Disagree. Massively.

like I say, I’d she ends up headlining I’ll still be on those forums and I’ll be more than happy to admit I was wrong.

For me she’s not Glastonbury headliner material.

she may well be successful but I think she’d get a lukewarm reception at Glastonbury to be honest.

14 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Disagree. Massively.

like I say, I’d she ends up headlining I’ll still be on those forums and I’ll be more than happy to admit I was wrong.

she may well be successful but I think she’d get a lukewarm reception at Glastonbury to be honest.

I 100% back you on this, totally agree. Either it’s some weird form of groupthink in this forum or I’m out of touch with music. I just don’t think she’s a credible enough artist to headline Glastonbury, especially for the 50th anniversary. 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

Disagree. Massively.

fxwn.gif

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoshM87 said:

Disagree. Massively.

Why would you post this. It's clearly wrong and it's not even funny bait. Try harder! 

Disagree. Massively.

She would be no different to Jay Z or Metallica or Kanye 

massive booking.

personally, I’d pass but she ticks all the boxes 

Wow that’s caused quite the stir.

At the end the day it’s just an opinion.  

Taylor Swift is obviously a massive artist and if country pop music is your thing then I’m sure she’d be a good headliner. My own honest feeling is that she’s not on the level of last year’s headliners.  I know someone quoted me further up the thread saying it’s no different to signing Jay Z, Metallica it Kanye, well maybe not but they were hardly some of the most successful headliners were they?

last year was,, I think, one of the most successful headliner blends I’ve seen at Glasto. Stormzy was amazing and unique as the first grime artist to headline, and the Killers and the Cure drew on considerable wealth of experience to make two fantastic sets.

I’m just not sure Taylor Swift singing about her past relationships is quite on the same level.

last year was,, I think, one of the most successful headliner blends I’ve seen at Glasto. Stormzy was amazing and unique as the first grime artist to headline, and the Killers and the Cure drew on considerable wealth of experience to make two fantastic sets.

I’m just not sure Taylor Swift singing about her past relationships is quite on the same level.

I would say I'm sorry if I thought that it would change your mind

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JoshM87 said:

Disagree. Massively.

Based on what tho? 

By sold albums she's way up there - and she's only been around for 14 years. More sold than Beyonce, or Jay-Z, definitely more than Mumford and Sons or Kasabian, let alone Florence and the Machine or the 1975...

If it's international appeal, there's not many artists who could land in Europe, North America or Asia and garner massive interest in her concerts... 

I don't get why you would think that. I'm not even a T. Swift fan, I find her a bit bland to be honest, but to say she's not a headliner is either trolling or rooted in some kind of will to be a contrarian.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
Link to albums reportedly sold https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Taylor Swift is obviously a massive artist and if country pop music is your thing then I’m sure she’d be a good headliner. My own honest feeling is that she’s not on the level of last year’s headliners.  I know someone quoted me further up the thread saying it’s no different to signing Jay Z, Metallica it Kanye, well maybe not but they were hardly some of the most successful headliners were they?

Sorry, didn't see this post. I can see why you don't like her - and I tend to agree that her songs are pretty underwhelming - I'm not Adele fan either as all her songs seem to be about her ex-bf, but that's the thing, there seems to be millions of people who enjoy that kind of crap. She's still a headliner and the festival would love to have her - and so would 60% of the punters I'd guess.

2 hours ago, JoshM87 said:

This is just a classic case of “I don’t like them, so they shouldn’t headline”.

10 hours ago, Harry49 said:

He has said he will be recording a new e-street album in new year so supposedly touring. If that is the case he will play a set  based on that. Did not see him in 09 at Glastonbury but did the next day in Hyde Park, the Working on a dream album was unfortunately one of his weakest so live show not his best. Saw him at IoW however and that show based around Wrecking Ball was excellent. So if he does which I think unlikely it will depend on the album quality. 

Big fan as you can see and would love to see him at Glastonbury but I think that boat has passed.

I agree. Wrecking Ball tour was brilliant, Manchester was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. I’m optimistic for the new ESB Album but I can’t see him doing Glastonbury again. I’d love to see him do an out-and-out Greatest Hits set on the Farm but yeah, I agree.

Edited by MEGABOWL