2020 headliners

jj200

55 minutes ago, Robofish said:

I had a dream last night that it was Taylor Swift, Blur and Fleetwood Mac. Plus a surprise new stage where Paul McCartney played pretty much all weekend. I think REM had the legends slot. 
I don’t think any of this will happen. 

Im away in my camper this weekend , around 9pm  ish Foxtrot and Nursery Crime will start  flowing thru the vans speakers !

Edited by ivan

Just now, tevaburger said:

so reading these last few pages looks like we've settled on Springsteen, Macca and T Swift - I'll take that...and Doves' John Peel set, will that clash with Bruce or Macca? Shaping up to be a good one! 

Will Doves be about next summer? I was genuinely surprised by how little a splash their comeback made.

1 minute ago, tevaburger said:

so reading these last few pages looks like we've settled on Springsteen, Macca and T Swift - I'll take that...and Doves' John Peel set, will that clash with Bruce or Macca? Shaping up to be a good one! 

I'm baffled at how you read the last few pages and came to the conclusion the this forum can settle on the same headliners pre-poster.

It’s all to play for as far as I’m concerned. I reckon we’ll get at least one headliner that we’ve maybe not thought too much about. I haven’t given up on Mac (unlikely maybe, but could do a one-off for a prestigious Glasto 50th headline) or even Macca could be back in the frame after Neil was told his info. I’m not overly confident about Reg as he has never been linked with the festival, and Taylor Swift would appear nailed on other than the fact that both her shows either side of GF are in Scandinavia, with the possibility of Lollapolooza Stockholm in between. NY’s got a new album out with Crazy Horse - maybe they’ll be in Europe next year. We could have a rerun of 2009..

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It’s all to play for as far as I’m concerned. I reckon we’ll get at least one headliner that we’ve maybe not thought too much about. I haven’t given up on Mac (unlikely maybe, but could do a one-off for a prestigious Glasto 50th headline) or even Macca could be back in the frame after Neil was told his info. I’m not overly confident about Reg as he has never been linked with the festival, and Taylor Swift would appear nailed on other than the fact that both her shows either side of GF are in Scandinavia, with the possibility of Lollapolooza Stockholm in between. NY’s got a new album out with Crazy Horse - maybe they’ll be in Europe next year. We could have a rerun of 2009..

Neil Young + McCartney sounds good to me! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Will Doves be about next summer? I was genuinely surprised by how little a splash their comeback made.

They said they will tour next year and have said about glastonbury: "hopefully in 2020" or something like that.

I think it was Andy on his instagram. 

If they play, line up is already great.

Neil Young
Macca
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Taylor Swift
The Foals
The 1975
Blur
Coldplay

These are the names that continuously keep getting floated. 

I'd personally take anyone from the top 5 of those, but it's lovely to see how unknown the whole thing is. The last time I went, Radiohead were confirmed on the 20th Oct 2016... Which means we could have one of these names in ink in three weeks! How exciting! 

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Aye. I really enjoyed it as I was a fan, but 3 hours for a headline set is too long, and no Born In The USA? GTFO.

It was a poor set list alright. I mean, he’s got a headlining set for the ages in him if he wants to but there’s no guarantee he does.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

It was a poor set list alright. I mean, he’s got a headlining set for the ages in him if he wants to but there’s no guarantee he does.

He has said he will be recording a new e-street album in new year so supposedly touring. If that is the case he will play a set  based on that. Did not see him in 09 at Glastonbury but did the next day in Hyde Park, the Working on a dream album was unfortunately one of his weakest so live show not his best. Saw him at IoW however and that show based around Wrecking Ball was excellent. So if he does which I think unlikely it will depend on the album quality. 

Big fan as you can see and would love to see him at Glastonbury but I think that boat has passed.

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Neil Young
Macca
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Taylor Swift
The Foals
The 1975
Blur
Coldplay

These are the names that continuously keep getting floated. 

I'd personally take anyone from the top 5 of those, but it's lovely to see how unknown the whole thing is. The last time I went, Radiohead were confirmed on the 20th Oct 2016... Which means we could have one of these names in ink in three weeks! How exciting! 

Taylor Swift is not headlining Glastonbury.

i would be absolutely stunned if that happened.

Just been at an acoustic night at Pilton Working mans club. One of the acts does a cover of stairway to heaven.

i go over to Michael Eavis and say: so will we hear stairway to heaven on the farm in June?

micheal giggles

micheal: did he play stairway to heaven?

me: yes

micheal : really?

me : yes it was his second song ( me thinking, I know he murdered it but even I could recognise the track)

micheal: oh I didn’t recognise it, really? So how are you?

take from that what you will......