2020 headliners

jj200

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bit of a celebrity gossip fan? 

I just found it interesting because well Kanye's lyrics were pretty strong, let alone the video to go with it. So to hear she wasn't pleased wasn't a surprise but then they released the secret convo where she consented to it pretty clearly so it was just interesting at the time given their history but the PR and £££ won at the end of the day, they both came out fine from it.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Nick.

That's that, then.

I'm really hoping for FM and Taylor at this point. I'd love another quality headliner for the remaining night, but in a way I'd prefer not to want to see them so I get to enjoy a headliner somewhere else. Don't even want to think about the clashes for next year.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That's that, then.

yep, very probably. My take is that Macca was the act who fell thru this year, and at that point it was clear he wouldn't be doing next year.

The slight doubt in my mind is what Macca said recently in that interview, but I took that to be his way of brushing the question off more than anything happening.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, henry bear said:

I did see him sub Pink Floyd at Knebworth 1990, but that was more a charidee thing. He’s not really one for festivals in the UK. Off the top of my head I’d say he’s done Glasto, IoW, BST (or whatever it used to be called). Anything else? TiTP? He’s always headlined those, of course. Can’t imagine him ever doing the Legends slot, he’ll always be too big for that.

He both opened and closed Live 8 (subbed by Pink Floyd)

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That's that, then.

I'm really hoping for FM and Taylor at this point. I'd love another quality headliner for the remaining night, but in a way I'd prefer not to want to see them so I get to enjoy a headliner somewhere else. Don't even want to think about the clashes for next year.

Taylor looks more than likely.

Still not convinced by the FM rumours, lack of any dates next year plus the news about Crowded House getting back together points to them not touring, and they're not really the sort of band to get together for a one-off. My take is that they have an informal "next time we tour we'll play" agreement with the Eavii.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still not convinced by the FM rumours, lack of any dates next year plus the news about Crowded House getting back together points to them not touring, and they're not really the sort of band to get together for a one-off. My take is that they have an informal "next time we tour we'll play" agreement with the Eavii.

You’re probably right. There is still a glimmer of hope though. As things stand the Crowded House comeback is limited to just Bluesfest, and Fleetwood Mac did just two high profile gigs in the US in 2017, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be part of a tour. That said, those were two stadium gigs for which they would have got a shitload of cash.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Taylor looks more than likely.

Yep, on board with this. I feel much less confident about FM than I did a few months ago. It's odd, though, because the acts with actual rumours, i.e. FM and Foals, both seem unlikely headliners, and the acts with no rumours, i.e. Elton, THe 1975 seem more likely. 

Basically, who the hell knows?

Edited by jparx

9 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Looks like Damon Albarn is touring with this in May next year

http://www.raindogprod.com/artiste/the-nearer-the-fountain-more-pure-the-stream-flows/

This must make the slim Blur rumour even slimmer?

What is it with that man and his endless projects?

I admire his constant desire to try something different but sometimes wish he’d just wheel Blur back out again.

Edited by Hugh Jass

I’m joking of course, he’s very creative and I can understand the need to move on. That said, if he is at Glastonbury next year there’s only one of his projects I’m particularly interested in seeing. And, for the sake of clarity, it’s not The Nearer the Fountain, More Pure the Stream Flows

16 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Looks like Damon Albarn is touring with this in May next year

http://www.raindogprod.com/artiste/the-nearer-the-fountain-more-pure-the-stream-flows/

This must make the slim Blur rumour even slimmer?

The Blur rumour was just hopeful speculation I think. That and it just makes sense for the 50th.

They're probably quite a long shot, but they're one of those that can get up and running pretty quickly so they're always a remote chance I reckon.

I wouldn’t rule out Blur just yet. Alex was interviewed on the radio earlier this year and the  conversation went onto Blur and he said they all loved doing it, and because they don’t do it often, it remained special. I don’t see why a one-off to celebrate Glasto’s 50th would necessarily impede on Damon’s activities. And of course they briefly played together earlier this year

I think the reason why a lot of confidence has been lost with FM is because it’s looking increasingly likely that next year is going to be a year off for the band.

Surely some sort of dates would be announced by now? Especially if it’s in the summer?