2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Soz no.  Wake Up is easily available by osmosis. Wouldn't be able to hum My Number with a gun at my temple.

Of all the totally subjective things that have ever been discussed on efestival, the relative reach of one song "into the wider community, beyond the measure of top singles and the fan base" compared to another has to be up there. How do you know?

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Mel from spice girls said that they had been talking about glastonbury... I reckon there'll be somewhere next year.. 

She's been desperately trying to sell them over he last few months .... getting in mentions left right and centre ... it might annoy the farm though .. but if they say they'll be there there's a possibility 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

She's been desperately trying to sell them over he last few months .... getting in mentions left right and centre ... it might annoy the farm though .. but if they say they'll be there there's a possibility 

I see... 

You OK old son.. You don't sleep either lol.. I'm just sat having a quiet Cuppa tea before my grandkids come down.. Sleep over this weekend.. Then back to normal routine with baby Eliza tomorrow.. Think I'll have to start painting by the stars lolololol.. 

At least I got a few hours last night. The night before I drank the last of my morphine and only got an hours sleep.. Oooo I hear voices.. Lady Ruby is on the way.. Can't call her baby Ruby any more she's 7 and in the down with the kids words my bestie lol.. 

Have a lovely day old son and any other person on here.. 

G

Edited by guypjfreak

Just now, guypjfreak said:

I see... 

You OK old son.. You don't sleep either lol.. I'm just sat having a quiet Cuppa tea before my grandkids come down.. Sleep over this weekend.. Then back to normal routine with baby Eliza tomorrow.. Think I'll have to start painting by the stars lolololol.. 

well im up nice and early for the ticket sale ... oh hang on its next week :) well thats the body clock sorted anyway ,  normally id still be in bed but enjoying the rugby even though its 2 random teams ...... Wales v Australia should be a belter though .. enjoy the calm before the storm 

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see why not, if The Cure can headline multiple times and they're not threatening rafts of new headliners. Alas, they appear not to be touring next summer so I'm not sure it's a relevant subject right now.

The feel like the sort of act that do it once and exist as a curio. Of course it’s impossible to rule them out headlining again 10-20 years from now, but the lukewarm reception to the last album makes me wonder if they’ve had their time at the top table.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The feel like the sort of act that do it once and exist as a curio. Of course it’s impossible to rule them out headlining again 10-20 years from now, but the lukewarm reception to the last album makes me wonder if they’ve had their time at the top table.

I think they would headline the Other Stage or sub the Pyramid if they are playing 

that last tour was fucking incredible tbh. one of my favourite gigs ever. Arcade Fire on top form playing a packed setlist, Florence out of nowhere bringing the house down with Dog Days, then when you think they can't have more surprises they bring out Boy George (??????) and do Karma Chameleon, then everyone comes back on and packs out the stage to do Wake Up together. I know Glastonbury won't book them again any time soon but there's no way that band settles for lower slots at festivals.