2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There is. It's the legends slot. They now usually get the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

no come on dude. there are three headliners and legends slot. they are categorically different, even if the legends slot is sometimes referred to as 'kind of like a fourth headliner;'.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

no come on dude. there are three headliners and legends slot. they are categorically different, even if the legends slot is sometimes referred to as 'kind of like a fourth headliner;'.

I am at the stage where I hope I don't like the legends slot person more than the headliners because it's just too busy around there now. 

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I am at the stage where I hope I don't like the legends slot person more than the headliners because it's just too busy around there now. 

Agreed. I just couldn’t face it this year and missed out on Kylie as a result. It’s absolutely insane and something you really have to brace yourself for, I find. 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Agreed. I just couldn’t face it this year and missed out on Kylie as a result. It’s absolutely insane and something you really have to brace yourself for, I find. 

9 hours ago, gigpusher said:

One way to make it easier is to get there a couple of bands before. It always looks a lot worse at the back and sides but where we were stood we had a decent amount of space. Was still busy like and meant I had to sack off Goldblum :( but we had room to move and dance. Other times when I have got there later (Dolly for example) I agree it is bloody stressful.

So I hope it is Coldplay.

50 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

One way to make it easier is to get there a couple of bands before. It always looks a lot worse at the back and sides but where we were stood we had a decent amount of space. Was still busy like and meant I had to sack off Goldblum :( but we had room to move and dance. Other times when I have got there later (Dolly for example) I agree it is bloody stressful.

Another way is to book other crowd pullers at the same time.  The Killers certainly helped in 2017 with lots getting there early for that.

Not sure BMTH were exactly the right ones to split a crowd.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's a sacrifice I'm not usually willing to make! I tend to go with only go to the Pyramid Stage for things you really want to see. I did get there for Barry Gibb to be there for Chic who were the true legend slot in my opinion. Leaving after Dolly and Chic took forever!! 

I was there for Patti Smith and made a swift exit before the Lionel crowd got there. I basically have a rule now where if I wouldn't ever choose to put on at least their greatest hits then don't go. I genuinely think too many people get caught up in the legend slot hype and go and see them whether they like them or not and it means you get loads of people who can't stand still for more than one song and you have a mass exodus after each of their big songs. Dolly was especially awful for that. 

Christ I've been away on holiday for a few weeks and I return to whispers of a 4th headliner, Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac and news that we knew would surface eventually that Coldplay will probably be touring and playing in some capacity next year. Rollercoaster of emotions catching up on this thread. 

Still no sign of Reg either. 

10 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

No more so of the other legends slot acts, I think he would get a similar size crowd to Kylie did

It literally couldn’t get bigger than Kylie’s crowd unless they somehow managed to create more space. Every conceivable space was occupied and then some. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It literally couldn’t get bigger than Kylie’s crowd unless they somehow managed to create more space. Every conceivable space was occupied and then some. 

You say this but I did manage to arrive half way through and walk quite deep into it without much trouble.

We were watching Years & Years and had an absolutely prime spot lined up for Kylie. Then Mrs Jass went to the toilet and the people we were stood next to buggered off and took their flag with them, cue Mrs Jass getting hopelessly lost and me having to come out of the crowd to find her. There was no way we were getting back in afterwards.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah and, as I said above, we had plenty of space around us. From my perception Dolly was busier, so a lot of it is where you stand.

Yes you can always find more space which I guess is part of the problem. Leaving after is the worst part of it for me. I ended up seeing most of Ed Sheeran it took that long to leave after Dolly and luckily for me Goldfrapp was also delayed after Chic because we were so worried we'd miss her. 

19 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

No more so of the other legends slot acts, I think he would get a similar size crowd to Kylie did

I reckon Elton John possibly has a bigger appeal than Kylie, I agree with what someone said earlier that she was probably big enough to headline in her own right but Elton John I think is a much bigger artist than her. On the back of Rocket Man and that fucking annoying John Lewis advert I reckon you could see record numbers in the Pyramid field.

14 hours ago, senor said:

Should scrape the main stage all together and possibly the 2nd / other whatever it is called stage now.

Could reduce ticket prices by perhaps up to 50%, people going just for mainstage artists wouldn't bother going any more so much easier to get tickets.

win win win in my book

Like it or not, the income from the TV coverage and the exposure that those bands/artists receive is what makes the festival possible in the first place.

It certainly wouldn't make it 50% cheaper - see Boomtown for further information.

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No Brian/Michael badger wrestling this year.

Queen in Europe over Glastonbury weekend.

Screenshot_20190925-105234_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6d9e7850313950224fb618c476c7a20.jpg

Yeah this was never likely to happen anyway for me, even if there was a hole in their tour which there isn't now. 

For me this is a plus as it's not Queen anymore, it's the former members of Queen and Adam Lambert. Totally different.