2020 headliners

jj200

33 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

They seem to be splashing in new material already by the looks of it 

not listened to ball and chain yet, any good?

It's all right. Very The Who trying to be modern. Listened to a live version on Youtube and Rogers voice seemed to have improved too. It's good. Although given their claiming their new album is there best since Quadrophenia, they're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. 

32 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

Feel like the 50th needs a full on singalong set from The Who if they turn up rather than new material and album tracks

You could get a sing-along with a couple of new album tracks thrown in for good measure. And don't forget a good 20 minutes of Pete Townshend having a go at the audience...

Edited by madmaninabox

5 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

It's all right. Very The Who trying to be modern. Listened to a live version on Youtube and Rogers voice seemed to have improved too. It's good. Although given their claiming their new album is there best since Quadrophenia, they're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. 

You could get a sing-along with a couple of new album tracks thrown in for good measure. And don't forget a good 20 minutes of Pete Townshend having a go at the audience...

It’s traditional ?

Best since Quadrophenia is quite a sweeping statement so I’ll have to give it a listen. As long as it’s better than Endless Wire...

5 minutes ago, AlParkin03 said:

It’s traditional ?

Best since Quadrophenia is quite a sweeping statement so I’ll have to give it a listen. As long as it’s better than Endless Wire...

He was even doing it at the live debut of Ball & Chain (then called Big Cigar)....

Got a round of flippin applause. Although it's people sitting he's having a go at so might not be a massive issue at Glasto.

Edited by madmaninabox

One of the more obvious signs of how I've aged over my years of following these E-Fests forums, while the gap between my age and that of the average poster on here has gotten bigger, is how incredulous I was to the negative reaction given to The Who headlining on here just 4 years ago ... 

or..as my sister texted me on my way to a Who gig earlier this month at Madison Square Garden "Watch out for the 'walkers' in the moshpit!!!" 

12 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

He was even doing it at the live debut of Ball & Chain (then called Big Cigar)....

Got a round of flippin applause. Although it's people sitting he's having a go at so might not be a massive issue at Glasto.

it was an old old crowd, depressing really, everyone sitting...

anyone at Wembley Stadium this summer? what was that like? 

9 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

One of the more obvious signs of how I've aged over my years of following these E-Fests forums, while the gap between my age and that of the average poster on here has gotten bigger, is how incredulous I was to the negative reaction given to The Who headlining on here just 4 years ago ... 

or..as my sister texted me on my way to a Who gig earlier this month at Madison Square Garden "Watch out for the 'walkers' in the moshpit!!!" 

Nah E Fest posters hate everybody. Near enough every band made it into the who was crap at Glastonbury 2019 thread. 

People here often like to be hipsteresque. You actuallybget to the festival and people havent got the same opinion than here by far. 

Most forums are like that tbf. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They do all-seated gigs. How is it depressing that people sit down? Are cinemas depressing?

You never been to a bloody stadium for a football match?

You stand the fuck up if you're allowed to in that section. Non-standing restriction's don't apply to music concerts as far as I'm aware, so I'd assume you can stand.

Edited by madmaninabox

5 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

You never been to a bloody stadium for a football match?

You stand the fuck up if you're allowed to in that section. Non-standing restriction's don't apply to music concerts as far as I'm aware, so I'd assume you can stand.

Football stadiums (or a lot of them) are seated by design. The Who have gone to a venue which hosts many standing concerts, put seats on the floor and barked at the crowd for not standing up from those seats.