2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

5 of the last 6 Pymild Headliners were white men with guitars.

Genuinely can't stand to see the festival lose sight of its roots being headlined by Suzanne Vega in a bulletproof vest.

Headliner-wise it’s certainly been far less diverse of late. The first year I went the Pyramid headliners were a solo female (Melanie), a ‘reggae’ band (er, UB40) and a Nigerian juju musician (King Sunny Adé). But of course it was a modest affair then, hardly any coverage other than via the weekly music papers, and they couldn’t begin to attract the superstars most people expect these days.

As far as i know, Rihanna is the best selling digital artist of all time, the most streamed female artist of all time (She is still among the top 10 most streamed each week despite no new album for almost 4 years), has 9 UK #1 hits (which the last one being from 2 years ago), 30 UK Top 10s, 48 UK Top 40s, 4 UK #1 albums  with 7 top10s. She became the youngest act to sell out multiples stadiums arround the world back in 2013 and 2016.  She is the most versatile in the game and goes from genre to genre with ridiculous ease, has a song for every demography ( Rock in Rio 2015) . Her last album, Anti, is a critically acclaimed masterpiece mixing instant classics such as Love on the Brain (those who say she is bad live should check her performances of this song)  and bangers like Work. Her coolness is pretty much unmatched by anyone else in the industry and her next album is arguably among the most anticipated release the current year. All goes to show that she is perfectly worthy of an headlining slot despite what most of you claim. 

P.S : Lets not act like Swift peers are some kind of underground names just for her to appear bigger than she is, especially in that case. 

6 minutes ago, VULF said:

As far as i know, Rihanna is the best selling digital artist of all time, the most streamed female artist of all time (She is still among the top 10 most streamed each week despite no new album for almost 4 years), has 9 UK #1 hits (which the last one being from 2 years ago), 30 UK Top 10s, 48 UK Top 40s, 4 UK #1 albums  with 7 top10s. She became the youngest act to sell out multiples stadiums arround the world back in 2013 and 2016.  She is the most versatile in the game and goes from genre to genre with ridiculous ease, has a song for every demography ( Rock in Rio 2015) . Her last album, Anti, is a critically acclaimed masterpiece mixing instant classics such as Love on the Brain (those who say she is bad live should check her performances of this song)  and bangers like Work. Her coolness is pretty much unmatched by anyone else in the industry and her next album is arguably among the most anticipated release the current year. All goes to show that she is perfectly worthy of an headlining slot despite what most of you claim. 

P.S : Lets not act like Swift peers are some kind of underground names just for her to appear bigger than she is, especially in that case. 

Welcome

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VULF said:

Is that you rhirhi? 

Hi 

Rihanna can headline whenever she wants. However, If you check her recent activity you will see she’s pretty much given up music to focus on her billion dollar makeup brand.

I think she hasn’t headlined Glastonbury because she is not available. By her own volition. 

14 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

Is this tongue in cheek or a serious post?  Genuinely can't tell

Quite serious. Bowie was a sponge - absorbing all sorts of stuff - mime, art, British contemporary arts and fashion, Japanese culture, etc. What he produced in the studio was a melange of all those influences. Taylor is the same kind of artist but, unlike Bowie, she made it huge very, very fast. She could have stuck to country but she branched out very quickly. In a few years time she could be back to pure country or knocking something that sounds like Tool. Don't say it'll never happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Quite serious. Bowie was a sponge - absorbing all sorts of stuff - mime, art, British contemporary arts and fashion, Japanese culture, etc. What he produced in the studio was a melange of all those influences. Taylor is the same kind of artist but, unlike Bowie, she made it huge very, very fast. She could have stuck to country but she branched out very quickly. In a few years time she could be back to pure country or knocking something that sounds like Tool. Don't say it'll never happen.

well a lot of Swift fans did recently find out Tool existed thanks to the charts, maybe you're on to something.

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hi 

Rihanna can headline whenever she wants. However, If you check her recent activity you will see she’s pretty much given up music to focus on her billion dollar makeup brand.

I think she hasn’t headlined Glastonbury because she is not available. By her own hi

Hi, i think she would be great alongside Eminem or Jay-Z. The possibilities are endless. 

Edited by VULF

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t Rhianna’s last stadium tour flop considerably? Remember hearing about cancelled dates, downgraded venues and tickets literally being given away.

The Sunderland date was cancelled due to poor sales and to help other dates. 

This is despite the previous tour been the biggest attended concert at the stadium of light

Edited by brettredmayne

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sunderland gets brought up every time the bad girl is mentioned, but really you all know that Rihanna is comfortably big enough to headline. And then that one guy will pipe up again how he didn't like the Hackney Marshes gig, wdgaf.

Yeah I've no idea why people are so quick to bring this up. Any act being entrusted to headline stadiums like the ones Rihanna was booked for is comfortably big enough, verging on too big. Many Glastonbury headliners aren't at that level.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I've no idea why people are so quick to bring this up. Any act being entrusted to headline stadiums like the ones Rihanna was booked for is comfortably big enough, verging on too big. Many Glastonbury headliners aren't at that level.

Exactly, I don’t think Stormzy would sell out Wembley or any stadiums for that matter, doesn’t make him an unworthy headliner

They won’t ever get her in a non headlining slot so she’l either headline or it won’t ever happen.

Since releasing anti she has become a huge business tycoon and fully dedicates her time to FENTY. She has made it clear to her fans that her heart isn’t in music anymore.

Rihanna isn’t even in contention for Glastonbury any time soon imo.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They won’t ever get her in a non headlining slot so she’l either headline or it won’t ever happen.

Since releasing anti she has become a huge business tycoon and fully dedicates her time to FENTY. She has made it clear to her fans that her heart isn’t in music anymore.

Rihanna isn’t even in contention for Glastonbury any time soon imo.

I mean, this is ignoring the fact she is supposed to be releasing a double album by the end of the year

Not that I think she's particularlly likely, but I dont think its impossible (tho if Taylor is nailed I doubt they'll also book another big female pop act)

Edited by Mattymooz

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Is the general consensus on here that it's unlikely Green Day will play on the Sunday? I'm contemplating getting London tickets for the Friday which I'll go to if I don't get a GF ticket 

Yes. The tour announcement made them unlikely enough, and that was before Taylor Swift's tour announcement made her the likely Sunday headliner. You won't be seeing them at the farm.