2020 headliners

jj200

22 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Genuine, but Martin, on the subject of Taylor, is a mentalist.

Never going to get a bad word about Taylor from Martin but I'd disagree.

I know the main hits, the rest of it in not bothered about and in fairness it's target crowd is not for me. Blank Space is a good tune but the stuff not so catchy I can pass. I would probably see her though for what I do know but not over a clash with a must see.

If she adds a 2nd date for Oslo the next day then we can count it out.

Edited by thewayiam

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She won't be playing the same festival two days in a row.

Oh shit sorry, I didn't think Oslo was a festival for some reason, never heard of it but you say, it'll be Sunday before she plays again and it almost works out too spot on. I imagine it works that festival production generally is smaller than own outdoor shows.

The more I look at her dates the more nailed on she looks.

The European Festival tour starts on the 20th at Werchter Boutique and the dates follow a pattern of one show, day off, one show. Because she’s doing Boutique she is ruled out of Werchter festival.

The only dates she can really squeeze a UK show is the 22nd (which is a Wednesday so I doubt any major gig would be held on a Wednesday - especially for an artist of that calibre) and the 28th (which is Glasto Sunday).

From 1st July onwards she’s booked up till the 9th July and then on the 18th July she is in Brazil.

I’ve just realised that Trnsmt is the 10th-12th July right?

The only dates she can squeeze UK shows in are Glasto Sunday and Trnsmt.

I reckon she was coming over for Glastonbury, the other European shows got wind and she turned it into a mini tour. It looks similar to what the Foos did in 2017. In... do Glasto... couple more shows...and out.

Edited by Matt42

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You love to see it

Here comes Taylor

86C908EF-9522-4EF7-90A1-E4015B95BFF4.gif

If you were trolling then fairplay. If you really believe that Taylor Swift is acceptable, but somehow 1d or Bieber or any of that klart is not then you need sectioning and I declare you a danger to the public.

Is it because they’re male? Stop being so sexist.

13BC629C-6D68-4BDE-970F-CDEAEE03151F.gif

Edited by mattiloy
Spelling

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Never going to get a bad word about Taylor from Martin but I'd disagree.

I know the main hits, the rest of it in not bothered about and in fairness it's target crowd is not for me. Blank Space is a good tune but the stuff not so catchy I can pass. I would probably see her though for what I do know but not over a clash with a must see.

If she adds a 2nd date for Oslo the next day then we can count it out.

Disagree about what? ? Her being the new Bowie? I'm with you on that. Might be the most "stay off the drugs kids" comment ever. Martin was certainly being serious when he suggested her. I'm trying to avoid saying stuff is shite these days unless it's the unholy trinity of Mumford, Ed or Georgie E, but Taylor is strongly not my bag.  

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The more I look at her dates the more nailed on she looks.

The European Festival tour starts on the 20th at Werchter Boutique and the dates follow a pattern of one show, day off, one show. Because she’s doing Boutique she is ruled out of Werchter festival.

The only dates she can really squeeze a UK show is the 22nd (which is a Wednesday so I doubt any major gig would be held on a Wednesday - especially for an artist of that calibre) and the 28th (which is Glasto Sunday).

From 1st July onwards she’s booked up till the 9th July and then on the 18th July she is in Brazil.

I’ve just realised that Trnsmt is the 10th-12th July right?

The only dates she can squeeze UK shows in are Glasto Sunday and Trnsmt.

I reckon she was coming over for Glastonbury, the other European shows got wind and she turned it into a mini tour. It looks similar to what the Foos did in 2017. In... do Glasto... couple more shows...and out.

I would say it's a dead cert. More than any of the other headliners mentioned so far. Happy for you. 

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I would say it's a dead cert. More than any of the other headliners mentioned so far. Happy for you. 

Yup. The only time she can actually play a UK date is Glasto Sunday and during Trsmt weekend. As we know artists can and do play both.

Unless she’s genuinely scheduled two events during these festivals... which are her own festivals? It would suck if that happened.

9 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

If you were trolling then fairplay. If you really believe that Taylor Swift is acceptable, but somehow 1d or Bieber or any of that klart is not then you need sectioning and I declare you a danger to the public.

Is it because they’re male? Stop being so sexist.

13BC629C-6D68-4BDE-970F-CDEAEE03151F.gif

That’s actually not what I said. But if you’re incapable of seeing my point I’m not going to put much energy into it.

i’m just going to reply to Swift haters with a Swift gif from now on. This is the new version of michael’s “it’s happening”

8792B4CF-30F7-419E-9904-F45D86C06FA4.gif

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Yeah, that's a bit of a theme with Taylor. She has a tendency of putting her worst foot forward with the singles. Some people were pretty down on the prospect of Lover after the four singles, with most thinking Archer was the only good tune, then the album drops and it's absolutely full of belters.

I have just given ir a spin. Varying degrees of success to my ears. Lots of it suffers from being just a bit boring. 

High point -  Cornelia Street, love it. Lover is nice. I like 'The Man'. 

Low point - London Boy - Laughably bad. Twee. Lob a place name in to get sales. Awful.

To my ears there seems to be 2 Taylor songs. 1 authentic with Genuine emotion, 1 I really like. Another which is fake, twee, sacchine sweet & quite annoying. Need to calm down despite its poppy-ness falls into catagory 1. Nice message, I like it. London Boy is the latter. A lot of the album has merged into 1 & felt a bit like background music... but live I would enjoy it more.

Fully expecting a ripping from the Taylor Die Hards. Maybe I just find "fake", the tunes I don't like & maybe I was a bit unfair?

From what I have heard, I could go along and enjoy it, 100% yes. She is clearly talented & done a few tunes I really like - do I think it will be a life changer? No. I'd decide on the night if I went to see her or not.

So IF they've got Taylor Swift and Fleetwood Mac lined up, (I'm aware that's a huge if.) do you think Emily would be tempted to aim for 3 female fronted headliners?

If she did what is her best option for a third female headliner?

I'd love to see Christine and the Queens do it but not after playing this year. Madonna is reportedly too expensive. Florence? The XX? Try and get Adele or Beyonce back?

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup. The only time she can actually play a UK date is Glasto Sunday and during Trsmt weekend. As we know artists can and do play both.

For what it’s worth, I’d bet heavily against TRNSMT. She could do something up in Scotland but I’d be stunned if it was part of that, given how previous lineups have looked and how it’s priced.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For what it’s worth, I’d bet heavily against TRNSMT. She could do something up in Scotland but I’d be stunned if it was part of that, given how previous lineups have looked and how it’s priced.

Could use the infrastructure but rebadge it as a solo show the way they did with Bruno Mars?

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah you’ve got a point. But it does seem like this tour has one big requirement “festivals”.

If she was like - I want to play a festival in Scotland, she’d probably ring up Ed and be like which one is good?

25 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So IF they've got Taylor Swift and Fleetwood Mac lined up, (I'm aware that's a huge if.) do you think Emily would be tempted to aim for 3 female fronted headliners?

If she did what is her best option for a third female headliner?

I'd love to see Christine and the Queens do it but not after playing this year. Madonna is reportedly too expensive. Florence? The XX? Try and get Adele or Beyonce back?

I think Glastonbury although wanting diverse headliners will just book the best that is on a touring cycle and available.

If no female headliners were about but REM, Led Zep and Paul Mcartney were possible it wouldn't matter that none were female.

I can't see them ever going out the way to only get a whole set of female headliners In that way