2020 headliners

jj200

2 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Yes, they do and they aren't long enough.

Thing something like this could go down a storm:

International Superhits in Full (60:44)

1. Maria
  2. Poprocks & Coke
  3. Longview
  4. Welcome to Paradise
  5. Basket Case
  6. When I Come Around
  7. She
  8. J.A.R (Jason Andrew Relva)
  9. Geek Stink Breath
  10. Brain Stew
  11. Jaded
  12. Walking Contradiction
  13. Stuck With Me
  14. Hitchin a Ride
  15. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
  16. Redundant
  17. Nice Guys Finish Last
  18. Minority
  19. Warning
  20. Waiting
  21. Macy's Day Parade

American Idiot in Full (57:12)

1. American Idiot
  2. Jesus of Surburbia
  3. Holiday
  4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  5. Are We the Waiting?
  6. St Jimmy
  7. Give Me Novavaine
  8. She's a Rebel
  9. Extraordinary Girl
  10. Letterbomb
  11. Wake Me Up When September Ends
  12. Homecoming
  13. Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown in Full (69:13)

1. Song of the Century
  2. 21st Century Breakdown
  3. Know Your Enemy
  4. Viva la Gloria!
  5. Before the Lobotomy
  6. Christian;s Inferno
  7. Last Night on Earth
  8. East Jesus Nowhere
  9. Peacemaker
  10. Last of the American Girls
  11. Murder City
  12. Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)
  13. Restless Heart Syndrome
  14. Horseshoes and Handgrenades
  15. The Static Age
  16. 21 Guns
  17. American Eulogy
  18. See the Light

Encore (??)

1. New Song 1
  2. Bang Bang
  3. Outlaws
  4. New Song 2
  5. New Song 3
  6. Still Breathing
  7. Too Dumb to Die
  8. New Song 4

And there's another dozen you could easily add. 

That's not a festival friendly set. That's a Green Day Superfan set. 21st Century Breakdown in full is also highly doubtful now we are heading towards four albums since then.

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd be made up if it was Green Day but there's no way they're doing 4 nights on the bounce.

Imagine Billy Joe bickering his voice at Glastonbury and having to cancel their own stadium gig in Dublin.

A slight possibility of a secret set though, an hour, all hits and the latest single, much like what they did at Reading in 2012 I think it was.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Yeah, I hardly think Nil Fun being busy with Crowded House will put the kibosh on the Mac playing. I mean, with the best will in the world, he's not exactly an integral member. And thinking on it, they don't exactly have a problem playing without integral members either.

He, along with Mike Campbell, are now members of Fleetwood Mac - not just touring back up. It seemed like the band really enjoyed touring with this line-up, unlike the last tours with LB on board. I don’t think NF would resurrect Crowded House unless he knew there was no upcoming FM activity. Of course, the Bluesfest appearance could be a one-off and FM start up again soon after, although having said that, the Bluesfest poster states it as an ‘exclusive Australian performance’, suggesting that they’ll be playing elsewhere. Which points to FM being less likely for Glasto than some here claim.

I haven't seen the Mac before so would want to, but there is the question of them being any good still, especially without Buckingham. On the other hand, I have seen Reg before and have no doubt that if he were to headline it would be an incredible show.

But if pushed to choose, I'd play safe with Reg.

4 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Yes, they do and they aren't long enough.

Thing something like this could go down a storm:

International Superhits in Full (60:44)

1. Maria
  2. Poprocks & Coke
  3. Longview
  4. Welcome to Paradise
  5. Basket Case
  6. When I Come Around
  7. She
  8. J.A.R (Jason Andrew Relva)
  9. Geek Stink Breath
  10. Brain Stew
  11. Jaded
  12. Walking Contradiction
  13. Stuck With Me
  14. Hitchin a Ride
  15. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
  16. Redundant
  17. Nice Guys Finish Last
  18. Minority
  19. Warning
  20. Waiting
  21. Macy's Day Parade

American Idiot in Full (57:12)

1. American Idiot
  2. Jesus of Surburbia
  3. Holiday
  4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
  5. Are We the Waiting?
  6. St Jimmy
  7. Give Me Novavaine
  8. She's a Rebel
  9. Extraordinary Girl
  10. Letterbomb
  11. Wake Me Up When September Ends
  12. Homecoming
  13. Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown in Full (69:13)

1. Song of the Century
  2. 21st Century Breakdown
  3. Know Your Enemy
  4. Viva la Gloria!
  5. Before the Lobotomy
  6. Christian;s Inferno
  7. Last Night on Earth
  8. East Jesus Nowhere
  9. Peacemaker
  10. Last of the American Girls
  11. Murder City
  12. Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)
  13. Restless Heart Syndrome
  14. Horseshoes and Handgrenades
  15. The Static Age
  16. 21 Guns
  17. American Eulogy
  18. See the Light

Encore (??)

1. New Song 1
  2. Bang Bang
  3. Outlaws
  4. New Song 2
  5. New Song 3
  6. Still Breathing
  7. Too Dumb to Die
  8. New Song 4

And there's another dozen you could easily add. 

Ha ha. Green  Day are not playing a 4 hour, 60 song set.

Ever.

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But really, if people had to choose between Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, who would you pick?

Honestly I reckon Elton John will be much more "Glastonbury" ,full of special moments

I saw Reg play in Cardiff in June and he was great. That said, he does quite a long set and whilst he plays lots of hits, there’s quite a lot of ballads and deeper cuts that seemed to stretch the crowd’s interest at times. A Cardiff crowd likes to party, but I think it was only towards the end that everyone was up and throwing shapes. I did wonder at the time how well this would transfer to the Pyramid.

There has been some intel on the Coachella Reddit that Taylor Swift is headlIning Coachella. The lack of announced tour (so far) definitely points to it being a possibility due to Coachella’s incredibly harsh radius clause.

If Taylor is playing Coachella it has no bearing on Glastonbury other than it would be Taylor’s first proper festival she is headlining. 

Edited by Matt42

If Taylor is doing Coachella then it does suggest that the "something different" she spoke about for this album tour is a festival tour. Which explains why she was scoping out the cider bus in the dwindling Sunday night hours. She said she wanted the tour to be more intimate, well she's just witnessed Sad Bob make a fucking massive field feel way more intimate that his arena tours. Maybe all my years of graft here on the efests coalface have paid off.

Also some cat mentioned Daft Punk a few pages back. You know I used to think I didn't like those lads at all but over the past few weeks I've been out and about and one of their jams will come on the radio and I've thought "wo this is actually buzzin" so why not, I love robots.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If Taylor is doing Coachella then it does suggest that the "something different" she spoke about for this album tour is a festival tour. Which explains why she was scoping out the cider bus in the dwindling Sunday night hours. She said she wanted the tour to be more intimate, well she's just witnessed Sad Bob make a fucking massive field feel way more intimate that his arena tours. Maybe all my years of graft here on the efests coalface have paid off.

The Coachella 'info' is a rando Reddit post that some person went to a private Swift show and she just announced that she was playing Coachella, but everyone had handed their phones in and signed NDA's prior to the show so it's really secretive and they were the only one to goss! Not to mention that the Coachella Reddit is about as notorious for bullshit as Glasto Chat or peanut butter whatever it is called now. I think Matt is trying to stir the pot here, which - after the asinine discussions we've had this week - is most welcome.

I think Taylor said she was doing something different and more intimate with the next tour because the Reputation stadium tour flopped so naturally that would happen. It's like if Jake Bugg went "I've done arenas, they were alright, now I'm gonna do open mic nights because they are more enjoyable".

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Taylor at Coachella would definitely be a step in the right direction on her journey to Glastonbury. Let's see if she's announced for a European festival in the coming months...

If she's doing Coachella, she's doing it because there is a huge sum of cash available. She's no more likely to accept Glastonbury yet than Green Day are who had their front man at the fest watching his sons band.