2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

You talk like Billie Joe and Eavis have no idea of each other, BJ was backstage at Glastonbury this year and may well have crossed paths and been introduced in the past. Highly doubt Green Day would refuse Glastonbury over the length of their set. They would probably go for 2 hours over 90 minutes and would probably get it too.

I don't think you'd see them at Glastonbury anyway. Seen GD 3/4 times over the years.

I'm not saying they have no idea of each other, I just can't see them being the kind of  that would band that would make Eavis bend over and start shouting "everything guys, everything you've asked for you can have"

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

There American, so the cultural significance of Glastonbury is probably a bit lost on them to be honest. I don't think they would outright turn it down based on set length. There Reading 2013 headline set was 2 1/4 hours so they will do shorter sets than they might ideally want to do.

But I can imagine this conversation:

Eavis: Hello, Billie Joe, wanna play Glastonbury? 

Billie Joe: Yessir

Eavis: Cool, is 90 minutes okay.

Billie Joe: We were think more 2 1/2 hours?

Eavis: Faff off,  The 1975 have said 90 minutes is cool by them or I can give The Who 2 1/2 hours and there less of a outside booking anyway. You know what I think of post-punk anyway. Bye

How that conversation would actually play out...

Eavis: Hello, Billie Joe, wanna play Glastonbury? 

Billie Joe: Yessir

Eavis: Cool, is 90 minutes okay.

Billie Joe: We were think more 2 1/2 hours?

<Raucous laughter then phone goes dead>

Billie Joe: Hello? Michael? Are you still there?

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

As headliner and sub (or sub-sub if you take FOB too), they're stadium touring bands it would be an insult to offer them anything less. 

Weezer aren't subbing the Pyramid unless someone of The Stones stature comes along like with Primal Scream and say that's what they want.....unlikely.

2 hours ago, Robinn said:

You wouldn’t see me near any of those headliners. I did enjoy FM earlier this year, but seeing them once would be enough for me. AM never seems to work for me live. And The 1975... I don’t know in which universe they’re ready to headline such a big festival. Saw them a few months ago and they were mediocre at best.

I don't dislike but have no time for either. When you sell how they do though can't complain.

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

I'd offer sexual favours for anyone who can convince Eavis to bury the hatchet and book the Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline Glastonbury though.

RHCP are cack now, last time I've heard them sound good was 2013 and I think that was a one off.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

FFS. Just been going through different Glastonbury sets on YouTube and ended up watching Macca again. Need to stop getting hyped at the possibility...can't go through that heartbreak again ?

I think I must be dead inside, that prospect just does nothing for me.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day play gigs that are 3 hours long?  Am I in the fucking Upside Down or something?

They play four songs and spend the rest of the time shout 'heyyy-ohhhh', firing toilet paper cannons and inviting teenage plants on stage to knock out one of their songs on guitar.

It is actually good the one time.

Edited by dentalplan

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So unfair. So unfair. We have people looking very strongly into roasting the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, so we'll see what happens . We're looking into it and we'll see.

The roasting if the Chillis were ever booked would make the treatment meted out to Ashcroft and the Killers look like a fan club meeting.