2020 headliners

jj200

Hark at the "but The 1975 make music for teenage girls" crowd. Fookin so did Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, and The Cure. Funny that music popular with the younger generation is only a bad thing when it's girls as well ?

And 1D have more stompers than The 1975 and Foals put together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, uscore said:

I think it's madness to suggest the 1975 would sub.  It's almost in Elton John in the Legends slot territory.

It's not that I would predict them to but I can see them being an act that would take it on a big anniversary under someone big. I also can't see both them and Arctics headlining and I think they are going to suddenly come out the woodwork with new material and be a contender....it just doesn't seem like something Alex Turner would miss, he loves it and they played it on a album return last time as their only UK Festival date.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hark at the "but The 1975 make music for teenage girls" crowd. Fookin so did Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, and The Cure. Funny that music popular with the younger generation is only a bad thing when it's girls as well ?

tenor.gif

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Harry Styles legend slot maybe?

4 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

Am I right in assuming we usually get some sort of announcement, headliner or legend slot before the main ticket sale? So within the next month? 

If I remember correctly last year Stormzy was announced in mid November with Kylie and Janelle Monae around Christmas

Scenes when both Foals and The 1975 are headlining next year.

In all seriousness, I think Foals are probably more likely for 2021. I absolutely love both bands but I’ve never been in a crowd that’s quite like a Foals crowd. The atmosphere during Inhaler, What Went Down, Two Steps Twice and the energy that the band and crowd is on another level to anything else. They should headline. So should the 1975. If Stormzy can do it, those two bands absolutely can.

But then again, I’m the guy that thinks Kasabian should have another headline slot on the pyramid, so my argument is probably invalid.

Just now, TKOCF said:

In all seriousness, I think Foals are probably more likely for 2021. I absolutely love both bands but I’ve never been in a crowd that’s quite like a Foals crowd. The atmosphere during Inhaler, What Went Down, Two Steps Twice and the energy that the band and crowd is on another level to anything else. They should headline. So should the 1975. If Stormzy can do it, those two bands absolutely can.

But then again, I’m the guy that thinks Kasabian should have another headline slot on the pyramid, so my argument is probably invalid.

That Foals atmosphere wont translate to the whole field singing along and bouncing (it wasnt last time) - I think they're suited to smaller indoor venues myself 

4 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I was going to completely disagree with you but fortunately you pulled it out of the bag right at the end. 

Edited by uscore

It's Not Living If It's Not With You is a sparkling pop gem. 

Foals enormous new comeback single didn't break the Top 100 and sounds like a Fisher Price drill.  The only time it ever got played on the radio was when Lammo picked up the CD by mistake reaching for a copy of Monster by The Automatic.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's Not Living If It's Not With You is a sparkling pop gem. 

Foals enormous new comeback single didn't break the Top 100 and sounds like a Fisher Price drill.  The only time it ever got played on the radio was when Lammo picked up the CD by mistake reaching for a copy of Monster by The Automatic.

What about foals new single which was radio ones hottest record in the world and the mercury prize nominated album, didn’t see the 1975 on the nominees list

• Upvote 1