2020 headliners

jj200

Think it’d really pay off for them to book Foals. Best live act on the planet, anyone watching their set, even retrospectively, would see they’re worthy 50th anniversary headliners.

In discussion of that rant (which, despite being a Foals fan, I did find funny), I do genuinely see the 1975/1D comparison.

Edited by wro_lap

Just now, uscore said:

I think you could say that the Foals are the greatest band that are, that ever were and ever will be, in the known universe and also any possible other universes.  

Apart from that song about bulls which is a bit noisy.

You forgot about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, apart from that Stagger Lee one which is a bit sweary.

1 minute ago, uscore said:

I think you could say that the Foals are the greatest band that are, that ever were and ever will be, in the known universe and also any possible other universes.  

Apart from that song about bulls which is a bit noisy.

You forgot about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, apart from that Stagger Lee one which is a bit sweary.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Think it’d really pay off for them to book Foals. Best live act on the planet, anyone watching their set, even retrospectively, would see they’re worthy 50th anniversary headliners.

In discussion of that rant (which, despite being a Foals fan, I did find funny), I do genuinely see the 1975/1D comparison.

YESSSSSSS! Another person in the fight for Foals, thank you very much!!

5 hours ago, priest17 said:

How old is the youth? Are there any in this thread? Am I the youth?

At 20 I guess i’m the youth, 1975 are easily bigger with people my age (even though I much prefer foals) but there are still lots of people who dislike them, and i’m certain acts like Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys and Muse are still more popular and would go down better

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Teenage girls are often better judges of what's popping than middle aged men.

Well I’m not a middle aged man, and I know Foals are better suited for Glastonbury than 1975! 1975 are perfect for R+L, but not so much headlining Glasto

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

What's the difference then?

There’s a HUGE difference between the two, they couldn’t be more different! R+L is now a pop festival, perfectly suited to 16 year olds who just want to get drunk, it appeals to the charts and bands like the 1975, you won’t see the cure or Paul McCartney doing it! Glastonbury is completely different, a festival for all ages to forget about looking good on Instagram and being cool which I believe is the embodiment of R+L! As I type and I can feel even more hate on here but whatever I’m in deep now anyway

6 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

There’s a HUGE difference between the two, they couldn’t be more different! R+L is now a pop festival, perfectly suited to 16 year olds who just want to get drunk, it appeals to the charts and bands like the 1975, you won’t see the cure or Paul McCartney doing it! Glastonbury is completely different, a festival for all ages to forget about looking good on Instagram and being cool which I believe is the embodiment of R+L! As I type and I can feel even more hate on here but whatever I’m in deep now anyway

Old_Man_Yells_at_Cloud.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

There’s a HUGE difference between the two, they couldn’t be more different! R+L is now a pop festival

Reading main stage had Post Malone, Frank Carter, Enter Shikari, AJ Tracey, Anderson Pakk and The Distillers on this year. 

Glastonbury main stage had George Ezra, Kylie, Miley Cyrus, Bastille and Anne-Marie.

But Reading is the pop fest? Okay.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jyoung said:

Reading main stage had Post Malone, Frank Carter, Enter Shikari, AJ Tracey, Anderson Pakk and The Distillers on this year. 

Glastonbury main stage had George Ezra, Kylie, Miley Cyrus, Bastille and Anne-Marie.

But Reading is the pop fest? Okay.

Yeah but name the rock and alternative acts reading had! Glasto Had Vampire Weekend, The Cure, The Killers, Hozier, Liam Gallagher, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Mavis Staples (show me a reading line up with Mavis on the main stage and I’ll give you a £100) and the Langa Methodist Chirch Choir!! And not to mention all the pop acts on the other stages at Reading! Look at Glasto other stage it’s indie/ rock/ alternative almost every minute of every day