2020 headliners

jj200

Has anyone seen the Mac recently? How are they sounding? 

I absolutely love them and would 100000% be there regardless, but that Isle of Wight footage is a bit pants - Although I'd like to think the Glasto atmosphere would elevate it tenfold.

Edited by Zacko

Foals? Are they a band or something. I thought worthy farm was a cow farm not a horse farm. Besides what with the festival going for this eco-friendly-vibe (Ha! Most bands have private jets which ship them around, not very enviro now) I though getting a bunch of young horses on stage to play guitars would be deemed animal cruelty. That's all these festivals are now anyways 'horses playing guitars'. Anyway I've gotta go to dressage practice. Looking forward to seeing you all neck deep in bio degradable sequins and fanny packs

36 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Foals? Are they a band or something. I thought worthy farm was a cow farm not a horse farm. Besides what with the festival going for this eco-friendly-vibe (Ha! Most bands have private jets which ship them around, not very enviro now) I though getting a bunch of young horses on stage to play guitars would be deemed animal cruelty. That's all these festivals are now anyways 'horses playing guitars'. Anyway I've gotta go to dressage practice. Looking forward to seeing you all neck deep in bio degradable sequins and fanny packs

This is the best the best rant of the thread, pro-foals fans gotta step up their game.

43 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

I feel like I’m one man fighting an army here, need some more Foals fans for sure

I'm pro-Foals headline for sure, have been for a while, gotta pace yourself though, its a long battle ahah.

I'm also pro-1975 headline though so I can't lose. They're really not that different, its a really weird argument to begin with.

Image result for im playing both sides always sunny

My real fight is reserved for Nick Cave headlining, no point ringing that bell this year though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThomJG said:

I feel like I’m one man fighting an army here, need some more Foals fans for sure

Real talk: we're all staying out of it because you're making us look bad. The main thing people like about the idea of The 1975 headlining is the tantalising prospect of people being unspeakably incensed about them headlining and every rant against them ups their credentials.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I thought you were a fan of people?

Its very much a youth vs old debate about the 1975. I say stop fucking with the kids and let the band of their generation headline.

I know lol. Just funny.

I don't think it's young vs. old here. I can actually imagine older cats being more apathetic about whether they headline or not.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is anyone else hoping neither band headlines? 

I'm hoping both headline. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think it's young vs. old here. I can actually imagine older cats being more apathetic about whether they headline or not.

See like me and Dental are old headz, remember when it were all fields round ere. Idgaf if Foals or 1975 or Fleetwood Mac headline, wouldn't watch any of them, but Foals are a pity headliner and the other two are legit.

7 hours ago, ThomJG said:

I really like Foals (although I didn't realise how much until very recently....) and would almost definitely watch them. 

I can't fucking stand The 1975 (even though I have tried and actually saw them in 2014 while waiting for Dolly P).

This probably means The 1975 will headline. But that's ok...I won't go, and I'm sure Foals will be somewhere else and will be excellent

Baffled at how Foals have generated so much discussion. They aren't headlining next year. They aren't going from headlining Y Not festival to Glastonbury's 50th anniversary in the space of 11 months, no matter how many people were at their secret set. 

They are a perfectly seriviceable live act but they're still doing the same shtick they did the last few times they played. Can we not have something different at Glastonbury next year?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Is anyone else hoping neither band headlines? 

Personally I'm coming down hard on the side of massive indifference.

Based on @Matt42's comments though it's probably about time I handed in my main stage passes and headed over to the Acoustic to wait for a cup of Horlicks and the sweet release of death ;)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Baffled at how Foals have generated so much discussion. They aren't headlining next year. They aren't going from headlining Y Not festival to Glastonbury's 50th anniversary in the space of 11 months, no matter how many people were at their secret set. 

It's because people say the things you go on to say in the rest of the paragraph and then people debate about it. Watch...

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

See like me and Dental are old headz, remember when it were all fields round ere. Idgaf if Foals or 1975 or Fleetwood Mac headline, wouldn't watch any of them, but Foals are a pity headliner and the other two are legit.

Foals have headlined everywhere that The 1975 have though - except Leeds, but erm instead they've done Bestival - so they're an arena headliner and an established festival headliner. Why are they being 'pitied' if they get the role? 

It's only on troll farm here where they're painted up as some small, hard-luck outfit; they're pretty popular out there in the world. Anecdotal but @TheGlastoThingy was always being pestered by peeps who were slobbering over a potential Foals headline set in the run up to '019.

It's some dumb shit that the narrative in this headline discussion is it's one against the other but Foals are rumoured and The 1975 don't actually seem like they've been booked - even if they're a bigger band more relevant with the youth - so why don't peeps just give up on that one?

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I know we all live in our own separate worlds, and to make it clear, it's never perfectly aligned with talent, etc, but in my mind The 1975 are in a different stratosphere size-wise compared to Foals. 

Different stratospheres may be a stretch but they are bigger with the general population, yes. Definitely not arguing against that.