2020 headliners

jj200

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Resale then. When they realise it's a normal glastonbury year not wall to wall headline acts it'll slow down. I'm expecting a ticket in April myself 

Totally agree about the hype. They way people are talking about the 50th year would have you think that every artist who can headline on a ‘normal’ year will play.  Coldplay at 18:00 on West Holts, Green Day opening up the Sunday at the Park. Madonna, if she is lucky, gets a spot at John Peel.

That said, ticket day will be manic as it has been for the last 5/6 years. I also think re-sale will be the same number as enough people will go just to satisfy their curiosity.  Good for them, I’m sure they will love it as much as the rest of us.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Do you reckon she was meant to sub the cure then? Or was George Ezra a late draft in?

who knows

I don't think we know for sure but I think she was meant to sub The Cure and Miley Cyrus was the late addition, as she seemed to be announced for a couple of other festivals later on too.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I imagine anyone that isn't The Killers would struggle to appeal to that crowd.

Haha

My point is that some audiences at festivals cannot deal with acts that don’t have flare anthems. Lana’s soft style just does not compute to some people.

Also, she doesn’t really try to win over casual fans either. She plays to her fans wherever she goes.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haha

My point is that some audiences at festivals cannot deal with acts that don’t have flare anthems. Lana’s soft style just does not compute to some people.

Also, she doesn’t really try to win over casual fans either. She plays to her fans wherever she goes.

I agree with all of the above. Lana doesn't need to pander to casuals either, she is a master of what she does. 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Might have to find Chris Martin, hog tie him and lock him in a compost loo shortly before Taylor's set. I just cannot risk him popping up.

I was just thinking yesterday about the most horrific uses of Chris Martin for next year. The worst I could think was he comes out with Macca and imitates John Lennon, rattling through Come Together and A Day in the Life...?