2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

I managed to keep my eyes dry during No Surprises and Fake Plastic Tears. But when the opening notes of Creep started, it ruined me. 

I dunno why but the song that got me was fake plastic trees. Managed to keep it together for most the set.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Group hug with a big old bunch of strangers to Let Down. Proper feels.

I was in tears when they opened with Let Down at Old Trafford a week later. Radiohead are the only act that have made me cry at a gig, although when Foals played Spanish Sahara at EartH it came close. Spanish Sahara in the dark on the Pyramid will be an absolute Glastonbury moment if they ever headline. Which they should.

Edited by TKOCF

Update from the better half, straight out of Fleetwood Mac in Melbourne tonight (gig ended about 45 minutes ago): "incredible" and "magic". This is not somebody who uses such language casually or when it isn't deserved.

They've still got it.

Bring on Glastonbury 2020 ticket day. 

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

The Kinks just realised a new mix Shangri-La (2019 mix) it's gotta be them?

I can't see The Kinks headlining, although I do think they (or at the very least Ray Davies) will play. 

18 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Update from the better half, straight out of Fleetwood Mac in Melbourne tonight (gig ended about 45 minutes ago): "incredible" and "magic". This is not somebody who uses such language casually or when it isn't deserved.

They've still got it.

Bring on Glastonbury 2020 ticket day. 

Dreading ticket day. I know people who have never been who are trying for tickets based on the Fleetwood Mac rumour/anniversary. It's going to carnage. 

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't see The Kinks headlining, although I do think they (or at the very least Ray Davies) will play. 

Dreading ticket day. I know people who have never been who are trying for tickets based on the Fleetwood Mac rumour/anniversary. It's going to carnage. 

It’s carnage every year. 

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s carnage every year. 

Oh I know that but I think that this year will see increased numbers. I'm only basing that on people I know who've shown an interest having never previously. Two years of glorious weather and an anniversary will do that! Ultimately, for people trying it still boils down to your use of F5 and luck! 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

And loads of oldies who've stopped going a few years back and are giving it another bash for the anniversary.

I'm bricking it. Had the first refresh nightmare last night.... Must mean we're getting close!

9 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I was in tears when they opened with Let Down at Old Trafford a week later. Radiohead are the only act that have made me cry at a gig, although when Foals played Spanish Sahara at EartH it came close. Spanish Sahara in the dark on the Pyramid will be an absolute Glastonbury moment if they ever headline. Which they should.

You clearly don't drink long and hard enough to exhaust your serotonin by the end of the Saturday.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Four UK #1 albums for Lana makes me think her coming back to sub the pyramid is a pipe dream.

Shes the next act to join the “too big to sub too small to headline” crew.

I wouldn't say she's too big to sub considering we've had acts like Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala and Liam Gallagher who've all done sell out Arena dates before. Although admittedly didn't realise she was charging £70 a pop on her new tour, ouch.

On 9/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Resale then. When they realise it's a normal glastonbury year not wall to wall headline acts it'll slow down. I'm expecting a ticket in April myself 

24 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I wouldn't say she's too big to sub considering we've had acts like Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala and Liam Gallagher who've all done sell out Arena dates before. Although admittedly didn't realise she was charging £70 a pop on her new tour, ouch.

Hmmm. She’s a hard one to place. I think it would be better for her to headline the other stage - but a pyramid sub might not allow for as much production and set length that she seems to get at festivals now.

As much as i’d love her to return I can totally see her not playing any time soon.