2020 headliners

jj200

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Pinch of salt, but had a night out with a friend who works in a publishing company who are doing a book for Fleetwood Mac due out end of next year. They've been told to include them headlining Glastonbury next year.

I know it's not super solid, but my friend is normally super reliable and doesn't really bullshit. So I'm working on the assumption of Fleetwood Mac headlining next year...

So...fancy letting your pal know that I'm just about to finish my book on the Forrest Gump run and need a publisher? @Woffy @Quark and @Gnomicide will buy a few copies each I'd say! ?

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thing is, we all talk about Fleetwood Mac as being the "big one". As in one of the few major bands still going that has yet to play Glastonbury. But I mean... would they really be that good?

No but there would be 30,000 sad sacks holding back the tears when McVie warbles away to Songbird.

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thing is, we all talk about Fleetwood Mac as being the "big one". As in one of the few major bands still going that has yet to play Glastonbury. But I mean... would they really be that good?

No Lindsay means no acoustic Big Love or Never Going Back Again. It wouldn't be as good as it could have been with Lindsay.

Saw them at Wembley a couple of months ago and they were good. Would have been better with Lindsay and it sagged a bit in the middle (the ten minute drum/bongo solo from Mick was something I could have lived without), but overall good. If they cut some of the excesses out they’ll go down a storm.

Look at this for a first 8 songs...

1. (Crowded House cover)
  2. Encore:
  3. (Tom Petty cover)
  4. Albatross
Edited by Hugh Jass

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw them at Wembley a couple of months ago and they were good. Would have been better with Lindsay and it sagged a bit in the middle (the ten minute drum/bongo solo from Mick was something I could have lived without), but overall good. If they cut some of the excesses out they’ll go down a storm.

Look at this for a first 8 songs...

1. (Crowded House cover)
  2. Encore:
  3. (Tom Petty cover)
  4. Albatross

Those first 8 songs might actually be the best run of songs ever to be played at the festival. Can't think of anyone that would top it. 

13 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Those first 8 songs might actually be the best run of songs ever to be played at the festival. Can't think of anyone that would top it. 

Midnight Rambler

2000 Light Years From Home

Sympathy for the Devil

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

You Can't Always Get What You Want

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Unforgiven

The Memory Remains

One

Master of Puppets

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

Whiskey in the Jar

Seek & Destroy

Ouch.  Couldn't go in 2014, and never looked at Metallica's set at all as I knew it'd be a kick in the chops.  That is a glorious run.

What did they do about Marianne Faithfull's vocals for Memory Remains?  Did she rock up for a guest spot or did they just backing track it?

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ouch.  Couldn't go in 2014, and never looked at Metallica's set at all as I knew it'd be a kick in the chops.  That is a glorious run.

What did they do about Marianne Faithfull's vocals for Memory Remains?  Did she rock up for a guest spot or did they just backing track it?

They backing tracked it.

Whiskey in the Jar is a load of cobblers though

Maccas 04 set has 8 in a row bangers everywhere you look.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2004/worthy-farm-pilton-england-3d6b1a7.html

And then theres this lad.

Wild is the Wind

China Girl

Changes

Stay

Life on Mars

Absolute Beginners

Ashes to Ashes

Rebel Rebel

OR

All the Young Dudes

Man Who Sold the World