2020 headliners

jj200

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I've had this debate before with others on here, their argument was that they had already seen him when he last did it or they weren't fans of his or The Beatles. 

My point back was that Not a lot of people going these days would have seen that show (they have other repeat headliners back earlier than this) and he still has a huge back catalogue to please most lightweight Beatles fans never mind the strong ones.

I do get this argument but I was 11 years old when he headlined last time so I couldn't get down from Manchester (I know, I know, a half arsed effort) and man I'd really like to see him there.

In this hypothetical debate we've concocted, there are no losers in a toss up between Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac or Elton John.

Now lets all pile back into the 1975 thread and wait for someone to say they're not big enough again.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah.

based on what seems to have happened in previous years, i'd guess that maybe one headliner is signed and sealed, and another has said they'll do it - but which might fall apart still, while a 3rd is still dithering about the offer they have.

Then there'll perhaps be some of the other bigger acts sorted, but most particularly those with a lead-in of some sort from this year - (I'm guessing) such as Foals, and any who said "can't do 2019 but would love to do 2020".

I stand corrected. I know that there was uncertainty when Prince was involved, but thought that was an anomaly...

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Elton is better suited to the legends slot. An hour. Crocodile Rock, Bitch is Back, Tiny Dancer, Im Still Standing, Rocket Man, Candle in the Wind, Saturday Nights Alright, Your Song, Yellowbrick Road and then he can fuck off.

No chance Reg Dwight is playing anywhere other than the top. Maybe two or three years ago when he playing the provincial football stadia of Scotland you might have convinced him, but he’s in the middle of his farewell tour, the biggest tour he’s ever done. He sold something ridiculous like 10 nights at the O2 TWO YEARS in advance.

He’s headlining if he plays.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Macca would be well better than Fleetwood Mac or Elton. 

Sometimes I think people forget he was in  T h e  B e a t l e s

Yeah, totally agree.

I'd love to see Elton or FM do Glastonbury, and I get if you were there in 2004 youd rather see the other two, but IMO Macca would be as good as it gets.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

when Nick Dewey volunteers to efestivals that Macca isn't happening, I presume it's because it's true.

Could of course have been true at the time. Things can change though.

Surely this morning's interview is tantamount to a rumour?

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Could of course have been true at the time. Things can change though.

Surely this morning's interview is tantamount to a rumour?

"some sort of remote possibility", "it’s definitely not fixed"

Sounds like Emily when she says she'd "love to have" whatever-act. Nice words to cover a blank.

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

Foals to play the legends slot

Guy in the shirt off of Foals:  "Hello Glastonbury!  This one's our new single and it's called Wandering in a Wilderness of Simulacra!!!!!"

Legend Slot Crowd:  * roars with delight *

Salt-N-Pepa on West Holts:  "Shoop, Shoop ba Doop, Shoop ba Doop, Shoop ba Doop"

Legend Slot Crowd:  "Shoop ba Doop ba Doop ba Doop"

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

No chance Reg Dwight is playing anywhere other than the top. Maybe two or three years ago when he playing the provincial football stadia of Scotland you might have convinced him, but he’s in the middle of his farewell tour, the biggest tour he’s ever done. He sold something ridiculous like 10 nights at the O2 TWO YEARS in advance.

He’s headlining if he plays.

What about opening the Other?

On 9/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, Quark said:

That's the only time I did get to see them, although I must confess I don't remember it being rearranged.

I had a whole weekend planned, Friday queen in Hyde park, Saturday REM and Sunday the British Grand Prix, and the Grand Prix took place with the other two being postponed .... I’d love to see R.E.M. 

Pinch of salt, but had a night out with a friend who works in a publishing company who are doing a book for Fleetwood Mac due out end of next year. They've been told to include them headlining Glastonbury next year.

I know it's not super solid, but my friend is normally super reliable and doesn't really bullshit. So I'm working on the assumption of Fleetwood Mac headlining next year...

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Pinch of salt, but had a night out with a friend who works in a publishing company who are doing a book for Fleetwood Mac due out end of next year. They've been told to include them headlining Glastonbury next year.

I know it's not super solid, but my friend is normally super reliable and doesn't really bullshit. So I'm working on the assumption of Fleetwood Mac headlining next year...

There have actually been a couple of reports of people being told by people who should know that Fleetwood Mac are in the bag. It looks like it's happening.

Pissing myself at writing Glastonbury into the book before it's even happened though.

Edited by dentalplan

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There have actually been a couple of reports of people being told by people who should know that Fleetwood Mac are in the bag. It looks like it's happening.

Pissing myself at writing Glastonbury into the book before it's even happened though.

Not coming out till next winter for the Xmas market. Apparently just telling them so it's ready, but if they have to cancel for illness e.t.c, enough time to amend.

16 hours ago, august1 said:

Maybe the night before each headliner they'll have a polling station where we vote for The 1975 or Foals, Macca Vs The Mac, Taylor v Reggie. Followed by AV vote on many times Chris Martin is allowed on the pyramid.

Not sure about this. Last time i was on the farm during a vote it didn't go so well.

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Right so it seems all but confirmed that Taylol Swift, Charli XCX and Carly Rae Jepsen are headlining with Sufjan in the Legend's slot.

At which point Lawn smiles beatifically and collapses into a being of pure energy, knowing his work on this world is done.