2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm pretty sure he'd agreed to do it in 2019 and then dropped out (and replaced by the Killers). It certainly fits with what Emily has said.

And i'm also pretty sure that at the point he dropped out it became clear that 2020 wasn't a possibility either.

That's pretty interesting, I thought the Killers would be nailed on because of the secret set from 2017. Stormzy also became quite apparent after 2017 he would be asked to return sooner rather than later and well the Cure are the Cure. I wouldn't have turned down the coach ticket for 2019 if Macca was playing instead of the Killers for sure.

Just now, robillustrates said:

That's pretty interesting, I thought the Killers would be nailed on because of the secret set from 2017. Stormzy also became quite apparent after 2017 he would be asked to return sooner rather than later and well the Cure are the Cure. I wouldn't have turned down the coach ticket for 2019 if Macca was playing instead of the Killers for sure.

someone definitely pulled out 3-5 months before, as Emily said they lost a headliner.

Stormzy was already announced so he couldn't have been the replacement, and the Cure were solidly rumoured from the end of last summer so seem unlikely to be the replacement.

Which leaves only one. :P 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

someone definitely pulled out 3-5 months before, as Emily said they lost a headliner.

Stormzy was already announced so he couldn't have been the replacement, and the Cure were solidly rumoured from the end of last summer so seem unlikely to be the replacement.

The Cure tour was so indepth and covered so many festivals it's hard to see that not being planned very well in advance plus they didn't drop out of another performance to play Glastonbury, very much suggests Glastonbury was always the plan. So it must have been the Killers in that case. Seems to be a growing list of performers being penciled in for the Pyramid Stage and then it not happening for various reasons.

34 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Why can't Fleetwood Mac headline and EJ is the legend, perfect for the legend spot tbh.

Is it possible to pin this to the top of the forum?

On 8/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I feel it’s important we nip this one in the bud right now...

If Elton John is playing Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary, in the midst of his own farewell tour, there is no way he isn’t headlining.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Emily confirmed in the interview with C*itlin M*ran that The Killers were drafted in last minute after a drop out. Not that it needed confirming, but there it is.

Do you think Stormzy, Macca, The Cure would have been a stronger trio or a better trio than what we had? The Killers looked like they did pretty well!

Also yeah we are due a substantial rumour. We need a big touring band with a Glastonbury shaped hole. Sounds like a job for Coldplay.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think Stormzy, Macca, The Cure would have been a stronger trio or a better trio than what we had? The Killers looked like they did pretty well!

Also yeah we are due a substantial rumour. We need a big touring band with a Glastonbury shaped hole. Sounds like a job for Coldplay.

Would Paul McCartney playing instead of The Killers made the line up stronger?!

Yes. Yes it would. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

As good as the Killers were, they’re not even comparable to a Beatle.

To be honest Macca instead of the Killers changes everything.

Stormzy, Macca, The Cure looks much better than Stormzy, Killers, The Cure.

I couldn't miss Macca, I'd easily skip the Killers having seen them before.

Could it have been a different act instead of Macca? it seemed like Macca to Glastonbury was a strong rumour until announced tour dates completely conflicted with Glastonbury ruling him out if I remember right but tour dates aren't usually a last minute decision at the expense of other commitments you have been negotiating like Glastonbury?

Edited by robillustrates

8 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

0Q0uCoA.jpg

Goes without saying that it’s fake. Can’t see Childish Gambino with that high of a slot (I know he is very popular but I can’t see it working with the Glastonbury crowd). I can’t see the festival being that alternative heavy as well. Would be absolutely lovely to have The Prodigy though after Liam teasing new material but I can’t see that happening either just yet.

4 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Goes without saying that it’s fake. Can’t see Childish Gambino with that high of a slot (I know he is very popular but I can’t see it working with the Glastonbury crowd). I can’t see the festival being that alternative heavy as well. Would be absolutely lovely to have The Prodigy though after Liam teasing new material but I can’t see that happening either just yet.

That top row is dreadful for electic music tastes. It's so pop heavy, Elton John - Legend sure, Gambino love it, Shouldn't be surprised about the 1975 or Spice Girls but it's too pop for Glastonbury. Need some variety and edge to it as well.

9 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

That top row is dreadful for electic music tastes. It's so pop heavy, Elton John - Legend sure, Gambino love it, Shouldn't be surprised about the 1975 or Spice Girls but it's too pop for Glastonbury. Need some variety and edge to it as well.

I don't see too much wrong with it to be honest. You complain about a lack of variety but I count one indie/rock act, two pop acts, one hip hop and one heritage act.

You've got an up and coming rock band making their step up to headline status (personal taste notwithstanding), one of the biggest pop artists in the world and a bona fide legend on his farewell tour. Throw in the Spice Girls for the cheesy Sunday afternoon singalong (although I still think they'd headline if booked) and Gambino to offer a little credibility to the Other and you're sorted.

No ones discussing the possibility of R.E.M. Announcement coming, more than likely a remastered version of Monster but they could be touring or doing something and it would be hell of a headliner for the 50th. 

EDIT: The remastered versions already out on Apple Music and presumably steaming services so it could actually be some sort of tour which would maybe link them to headline next year. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

No ones discussing the possibility of R.E.M. Announcement coming, more than likely a remastered version of Monster but they could be touring or doing something and it would be hell of a headliner for the 50th. 

dont do this to me .... I cant go through this kind of talk again :( :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

dont do this to me .... I cant go through this kind of talk again :( :) 

I’m sorry my friend. How good would it be, I hope they do some touring which would make Glasto pretty likely hopefully. Im setting myself and others for disappointment. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I’m sorry my friend. How good would it be, I hope they do some touring which would make Glasto pretty likely hopefully. Im setting myself and others for disappointment. 

I think we mentioned it a few pages back ... although I get excited every time I hear them mentioned so it might have been me dreaming it ... last memories of them are very hazy ... so would be probably the best act for me personally to return ... although there are two others that would run them very close 

13 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

EDIT: The remastered versions already out on Apple Music and presumably steaming services so it could actually be some sort of tour which would maybe link them to headline next year. 

Wait, what’s this about an announcement?

An REM reformation would have BST written all over it IMO.