2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swizzle was on the farm, so obviously  checking it out. Foals were only spotted at Bristol Airport.

Wha?? First I’ve heard of this. If she was there this year, she’s surely in contention to perform next. I think they’ll try for either her or Madonna on the Sunday. Either way it’s a win. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I’d love it. Something for everyone. Hungry young British bands and cash-hungry old fogies for the box-tickers.

Would prefer Kendrick Lamar in the place of Foals/1975 but he gets paid way too much and does about 70 minutes max so that might have to wait.

I’ve gone off the idea of Fleetwood Mac headlining next year and was considering the idea of a Foals/Kendrick/Elton John trio. I feel like that would be seen as an extremely weak set of headliners though, especially since people seem to think Elton could do the legends slot.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swizzle was on the farm, so obviously  checking it out. Foals were only spotted at Bristol Airport.

Nobody:

Literally No One:

Cal Gon: Taylor Swift was drinking cider at the cider bus in the middle of the night and noone saw but me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

How would you all feel about;

Foals, Fleetwood Mac, The 1975?

Would you love it, or would it look like one headliner got all the money?

Personally, might be the most ideal realistic set of headliners for me and I'd probably catch all three. Might look at bit weak on paper, but will probably look stronger once Foals and 1975 get their second parts out.

Think that 1975 at least are big enough now where it doesn't seem like they're just being given a bit of a bump up, so you've only really got Foals who you could argue are a bit of a stretch.

If Elton John plays I can't see him anywhere but headlining - decades of material and on his swansong. 

I did think Fleetwood Mac based on the comments but maybe they've been booked for another year? Foals or The 1975 but a cheaper alternative, a couple of my friends love Foals so they'd be delighted. 

I do think there will be one female headliner (Taylor Swift or Beyonce/Destiny's Child). 

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I’ve gone off the idea of Fleetwood Mac headlining next year and was considering the idea of a Foals/Kendrick/Elton John trio. I feel like that would be seen as an extremely weak set of headliners though, especially since people seem to think Elton could do the legends slot.

I feel it’s important we nip this one in the bud right now...

If Elton John is playing Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary, in the midst of his own farewell tour, there is no way he isn’t headlining.

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

It would be and thus won't happen, I'd even go as far as to say The Killers and their known hits probably puts this year ahead.

The festival are not going to be in a position of need to use potential sub par less than big bona fide headliners this year, and that includes Elton which I questioned myself. It's probably the last big anniversary that will actually get as much hype and noticed.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem Dent Dent?

Dental Washington

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Any realistic trio is gonna be seen as weak by a huge portion of next year’s ticketholders, because the anniversary has raised expectations unreasonably high and many people reckon it’s gonna be the all star lineup and will settle for nothing less. I don’t give a fuck about those people.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I would be HELLA in for Foals, Kendrick Lamar, Elton John

Can't see Kendrick playing next year, even with new material. I think he's a shoo-in for 2021 though.

Given the colossal secret set to headliner transition The Killers made, I think Foals are a good bet (I'll be elsewhere, mind you). It's surely Elton's for the taking on Sunday night, and I also think a female headliner will be sought if at all possible, again Tay Tay's for the taking (sorry not sorry, @dentalplan) and Madonna's for the taking also. Neither are sure bets though.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:11 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Foals fans:  Foals new single is a huge banger, an enormous return to form that will see them embraced as the headliners they were born to be

Rest of the world:  OK?

Foals:  * release Black Bull *

Rest of the world:  Has someone trapped a wasp in a biscuit tin?

This could go either way for you. 

More humble pie after months of Killers bashing proved to be misguided. 

Or you could be kicking back on the farm next June eating a fully loaded Gyros, safe in the knowledge that it is the best thing of Greek origin to grace Worthy Farm that weekend.