2020 headliners

jj200

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Be careful. Fests are sniffing around them. It will happen eventually.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

REM have never struck me as a band who’d come back just for the money, but if they were to return I could easily see BST throwing a massive wedge in their direction.

Whenever I've heard them interviewed since they split it's obvious they still get on, which makes me think they'd not forever resist playing together again.  I always imagine it'd be at a mates birthday party or something though!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

FFS, the annual REM story reads its head to fuck with my inherent optimism.

Yeah i'd be well up for R.E.M to be honest.I think they are going to have to get past AM, FM and Elton as things currently stand though....I'm leaning towards the latter probably having to headline. I did disagree originally due to smaller outdoor venues but you can't really argue with 2x Hydro, 2x Aberdeen, 3x Liverpool, 2x Birmingham, Manchester x2, Leeds and 7x The 02 I believe it currently stands. Dolly's tour was a decent size but not that big.

Slaphead Mick and the boys could do it on the grounds that they could travel around in a solar powered recycled sandal and use the considerable moolah to cure the environment.

Imagine them closing out shows with a fucking haunting as balls rendition of I Remember California with footage of all wildfires and environmental destruction on the screens.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah i'd be well up for R.E.M to be honest.I think they are going to have to get past AM, FM and Elton as things currently stand though....I'm leaning towards the latter probably having to headline. I did disagree originally due to smaller outdoor venues but you can't really argue with 2x Hydro, 2x Aberdeen, 3x Liverpool, 2x Birmingham, Manchester x2, Leeds and 7x The 02 I believe it currently stands. Dolly's tour was a decent size but not that big.

Friday: AM

Saturday: FM

Sunday: REM

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How would you all feel about;

Foals, Fleetwood Mac, The 1975?

Would you love it, or would it look like one headliner got all the money?

I’d love it. Something for everyone. Hungry young British bands and cash-hungry old fogies for the box-tickers.

Would prefer Kendrick Lamar in the place of Foals/1975 but he gets paid way too much and does about 70 minutes max so that might have to wait.

Edited by dentalplan

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How would you all feel about;

Foals, Fleetwood Mac, The 1975?

Would you love it, or would it look like one headliner got all the money?

Like.

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don’t see those headliners at all.

IMO it’ll be one of Foals/1975 - 1975

One of FM/Reg - Reg

A big female pop star - Tay Tay.

Agree.

I know I’ve slated Foals before and whilst I may disagree they are the best choice for a headliner it definitely looks like they are there in 2020 and they are expressing the view that they want to headline. Can’t really argue with that.

Whilst I think the 1975 are now big enough and probably a stronger choice it seems like they genuinely haven’t been asked. It’s very peculiar imo. Perhaps the festival isn’t that bothered about them.

Whilst there are lots of talk of Fleetwood and Elton both of them could easily just not do it. They’ve both skipped it before even when they’ve been in the area.

And Taylor - whilst it would be great, she’s not one to do festival shows.

Ariana isn’t touring next year, Tool wouldn’t headline Glastonbury (maybe other stage), Guns and Roses seems like a stretch. No mention that AM are on or starting another album cycle.

Back at square one really. I’m expecting a surprise reunion at this point. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don’t see those headliners at all.

IMO it’ll be one of Foals/1975 - 1975

One of FM/Reg - Reg

A big female pop star - Tay Tay.

I hope not. I want at least one of Foals/FM!! 

Do FM count as a female headliner...? I presume so...?

Edited by Sasperella