2020 headliners

jj200

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Slipknot supposedly on course to topple Eddy boi off the top of the charts at the end of the week, get em at the top slot. New album changes everything.

I mean, I was basically always going to be on board with this, but now even more so. Alert the organisers and get 'em booked. The perfect antidote to The Spice Girls (although, I would most definitely be at both)

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Slipknot and Tool both having pretty major releases / comebacks this year has to turn some heads right?

Maybe I’m being too optimistic. They both wouldn’t headline but how fantastic would an other headline slot be?

Slipknot have come out and said they wanted to play...

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Geniune question how do you interpret this tweet? 

Tried to book them or tried to like their album?

Gave them a listen, not for him. He's not trying to get them for West Holts.

Edited by Gnomicide

On 8/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, Ridin' Solo said:

Hi all, long time lurker but just made an account to say I think Jason Derulo should be a SR. He's certainly (finally) going to release his new album before the festival and he's one of, if not the biggest star to come out of this decade. He's got the tunes, the moves and would put on one hell of a show. They'd be foolish not to book Derulo for the 50th anniversary.

spot on... SR surely... bookers have surely been long time lurking around his management (just like you on here!), not wanting to get jump too early and put Derulo on any of past 10 years' lineups, knowing he'd be perfect surprise for the 50th, to add him along with Elton John's first appearance and Wilco's return after a 16 year gap for a perfect trifecta. They've probably told him he can make his own poster with his name on top line too, a couple of rows above Wilco's placement (sacrilegious as that would be) 

welcome... you hooked up with @jntsrb or @jenswild yet? 

Fri- Foals

Sat- Fleetwood Mac

Sunday- Elton John

Legend- Paul McCartney

Fleetwood Mac had two shows in London in June and said this time next year we’ll be playing in a muddy field in England! My brother attended this years festival with a friend who’s family know the Eavis’s, had dinner with 4th in charge of whole festival! Said out right they’ve booked FM! Michael Eavis said hopefully McCartney for next year live on camera! Glasto 2020 would coincide with the end of Elton’s Yellow brick road tour (perfect end to a perfect career!) And with Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2 coming out in October for Foals which is when they tend to book headliners! They’ve got to be the more contemporary headliner after their INSANE secret set on the park this year!! 

And I don’t like complaining about headliners because at Glastonbury it’s not to bigger deal but I think I might weep if it’s the 1975 on any of the three days!

49 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

Fri- Foals

Sat- Fleetwood Mac

Sunday- Elton John

Legend- Paul McCartney

Fleetwood Mac had two shows in London in June and said this time next year we’ll be playing in a muddy field in England! My brother attended this years festival with a friend who’s family know the Eavis’s, had dinner with 4th in charge of whole festival! Said out right they’ve booked FM! Michael Eavis said hopefully McCartney for next year live on camera! Glasto 2020 would coincide with the end of Elton’s Yellow brick road tour (perfect end to a perfect career!) And with Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2 coming out in October for Foals which is when they tend to book headliners! They’ve got to be the more contemporary headliner after their INSANE secret set on the park this year!! 

And I don’t like complaining about headliners because at Glastonbury it’s not to bigger deal but I think I might weep if it’s the 1975 on any of the three days!

you and @Ridin' Solo have nailed it, that is if you can prove that Fleetwood Mac played 2 London shows this summer and said that. If only we could get Neil to get his brother to go more often and have dinner with 4th (or someone who's family knows him) in charge his rumour list would be right out accurate. Who do you reckon is coming on at 530 after Macca's 4pm sunday slot? 

(sorry...drinking heavily on holiday and just loving some of these new posts) 

6 hours ago, ThomJG said:

Legend- Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney in the legends slot is never ever going to happen. 

As for Fleetwood Mac - Crowded House have just announced a festival slot in April next year. I'd assume that this will be one of a few dates. Also with Fleetwood Mac's massive tour finally finishing in November I'd say at best they have shaken on doing sometime in the next 5 years. 

3 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Paul McCartney in the legends slot is never ever going to happen. 

As for Fleetwood Mac - Crowded House have just announced a festival slot in April next year. I'd assume that this will be one of a few dates. Also with Fleetwood Mac's massive tour finally finishing in November I'd say at best they have shaken on doing sometime in the next 5 years. 

Don’t see why not exactly but I think it’s a done deal he’ll be playing, do you think headliner?? But about FM, all I know is what one of the main organisers said and that’s that Fleetwood Mac are headlining Glastonbury next year for the 50th, they booked them in 2017!

McCartney is more or less the biggest musical name in the planet's history. I know that's the definition of "legend", but there's no chance you could have him not headlining.

They could probably get away with having Ringo play the legends slot, but I sadly don't think that'll happen