2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just a feeling but I can see Reg accepting the standard fee. It’ll be a hugely prestigious show for him and one of the centrepieces of his farewell tour.

Especially since, in theory, it's now or never for him (well, 2020 or 2021). I expect he'll accept a lower fee. 

FM I can't see accepting a standard fee. I think all the recent talk of "still needing to get FM" by both Michael and Emily hints that the band still haven't agreed, but are probably close. They haven't unveiled any tour plans for next year, so would they play Glasto without being on tour? I think Reg for 2020 and FM for 2021.  

Just now, Matt87 said:

Especially since, in theory, it's now or never for him (well, 2020 or 2021). I expect he'll accept a lower fee. 

FM I can't see accepting a standard fee. I think all the recent talk of "still needing to get FM" by both Michael and Emily hints that the band still haven't agreed, but are probably close. They haven't unveiled any tour plans for next year, so would they play Glasto without being on tour? I think Reg for 2020 and FM for 2021.  

My thinking too.

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

Where does Elton John fall in the £££ category; is he likely to play for the 'normal' fee is he another Fleetwood Mac/Madonna? If it's the latter then surely there's no chance of both Elton/FM...

I don't think he's too precious about it. He does loads of shows every year which the high-pricers tend not to do (to jack up the price), plus plenty of charity shows. 

3 hours ago, Matt87 said:

I think all the recent talk of "still needing to get FM" by both Michael and Emily hints that the band still haven't agreed, but are probably close.

Nick Dewey said they'll definitely play within 5 years.

Sounds to me like there's an agreement in principle at the very least.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I wonder what the odds were for The Cure in August. By the looks of it, this was after we had the golden info about them playing.

I couldn't believe The Killers were nowhere to be seen in this list, especially after they had done the "secret" show the year before in the John Peel tent it seemed nailed on they would return the following year.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, eFestivals said:

that makes me laugh - "working on getting Destiny's Child back together".

Here's betting the "working" part consisted of two brief phone calls. "You up for it?". "Yep".

I doubt she would even ask the question. More of a Sinatra ringing Sammy Davis Jnr about a gig sort of thing

"Be there". 

At the time they split up, would they have been considered big enough to headline major festivals? Obviously Beyoncé is huge now but how much has her popularity gone up since she went solo?

In my head they're a big enough act to headline but is that just down to Beyoncé?

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

At the time they split up, would they have been considered big enough to headline major festivals? Obviously Beyoncé is huge now but how much has her popularity gone up since she went solo?

In my head they're a big enough act to headline but is that just down to Beyoncé?

Impossible to answer. When they were around, festivals didn't book acts like Destiny's Child. If they were to reunite and play some festivals, they'd only headline, and yes probably just because of Beyoncé's legacy since.

Them reuniting to tour at all is a pretty weird scenario seeing as Beyoncé already plays a bunch of their hits and is so much bigger than Destiny's Child now. Would seem more like fan service than a cash grab, which I suppose is nice.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Didn't she bring them on at the Superbowl show? Maybe it would be some sort of Beyoncé show with a hefty 30 minutes or so of Destiny's Child.

Yeah, and Coachella too. But obviously those are one-off shows with a big audience - I've never heard of a singer going on tour and bringing their old band along to each stop for a suite in the middle of the show. Would imagine that the rumour is, as slated, a Destiny's Child show.

The only way I'd imagine it impacting Glastonbury is that there won't be another Beyoncé album and she is duly yanked out of the running.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, and Coachella too. But obviously those are one-off shows with a big audience - I've never heard of a singer going on tour and bringing their old band along to each stop for a suite in the middle of the show. Would imagine that the rumour is, as slated, a Destiny's Child show.

The only way I'd imagine it impacting Glastonbury is that there won't be another Beyoncé album and she is duly yanked out of the running.

Alice Cooper dragged along his old band to play the encore on his last tour and Mick Taylor followed the Stones round to do 2 songs a night so it's not unheard of, however unlikely. 

If they’re not doing anything until next year, I can’t imagine they’d touch the festival circuit until bagging as many stadium dates as possible. Also, if this is true it makes Beyoncé (and a dual spot with her hubby) less likely as well. 

I still think she’s second to Madonna on their target list, though.