2020 headliners

jj200

Just to keep that Blur buzz going...  A guy who I know through work, who works for a major UK venue, told me that Blur are coming back together. However, he told me this last autumn. That was a while ago.

He said it as "rumour has it..." so I'm not sure if they even had them booked at this point.

20 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Just to keep that Blur buzz going...  A guy who I know through work, who works for a major UK venue, told me that Blur are coming back together. However, he told me this last autumn. That was a while ago.

He said it as "rumour has it..." so I'm not sure if they even had them booked at this point.

They did perform together a few months ago at one of Damon’s Africa Express gigs. They seem in a place now where they are happy to do their own thing but get together every few years for a few shows and maybe knock an album out.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Good pick-up. Doesn't necessarily mean no random festivals, though. I'd think 'touring' meant large scale city dates.

I saw it via Twitter lots of fans crying that there will be no 2020 dates. Apparently her tour didn’t reach some major countries.

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The 1975, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney.

Having not read any of this thread i've no idea if there's anything to rule these out so do enlighten me if so.

Is Elton to big for the Sunday afternoon slot? 

Macca has by all accounts been ruled out, doesn’t look like he’s touring next year.

I would say Elton is too big for that, if he plays he headlines.

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do you not think Fleetwood Mac are more nailed on than either of those at this point?

Ever since I’ve been going FM have been a SR for every single Glastonbury that I can remember.

I’ve seen it before where this board has considered them nailed on.

I’l never consider Fm nailed until I see them on that lineup poster. Save yourself the disappointment mate I highly doubt they are going to do it.

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do you not think Fleetwood Mac are more nailed on than either of those at this point?

Also what I mean by ???? Is whoever they phone in to replace FM when they tell Glasto to fuck off again.

Edited by Matt42

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Have FM ever been a SR? Not saying they haven't, I just genuinely can't remember them being one...

I obviously mean before this year... ?

the very first time they were 'rumoured' here they were a TBC, around a decade or more back.

That came direct from one of the band via a contact in the US who interviewed them (I forget who now). Not too long after I was speaking with Michael Eavis. He said 'where have you got that from? no one cares about FleetWood Mac anymore, do they?".

Not long after that it was clear that plenty did. :P 

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the very first time they were 'rumoured' here they were a TBC, around a decade or more back.

That came direct from one of the band via a contact in the US who interviewed them (I forget who now). Not too long after I was speaking with Michael Eavis. He said 'where have you got that from? no one cares about FleetWood Mac anymore, do they?".

Not long after that it was clear that plenty did. :P 

Could have got em on West Holts.?

They were 100% a SR for the Sunday in 2013.

also what was the year that they were heavily rumoured before being announced for IOW.

Point is... every year we hit a point where we think it’s definitely them and it isn’t. I’m just trying not to fall into the same trap as before.

I imagine FM know what the offer is on the table and that presuming it does go over the norm like The Stones did that the offer now is what they would need to accept. If they are saying in principle it's got to be done before they call it then they may as well do it on the big anniversary. I'd guess there is going to be a lot of artists around that want to do it too and fee wise will be open to accept not much at all for it.

Where does Elton John fall in the £££ category; is he likely to play for the 'normal' fee is he another Fleetwood Mac/Madonna? If it's the latter then surely there's no chance of both Elton/FM...

Edited by mufcok

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Where does Elton John fall in the £££ category; is he likely to play for the 'normal' fee is he another Fleetwood Mac/Madonna? If it's the latter then surely there's no chance of both Elton/FM...

Just a feeling but I can see Reg accepting the standard fee. It’ll be a hugely prestigious show for him and one of the centrepieces of his farewell tour.