2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

But Glastonbury is all about inclusivity, maaaan ? 

I think the booking of him, (particularly) Take That or the Spice Girls opens up a portal to the underworld and swarms Glastonbury with evil ghouls that it will take years of crusty-friendly bookings to banish once more.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the booking of him, (particularly) Take That or the Spice Girls opens up a portal to the underworld and swarms Glastonbury with evil ghouls that it will take years of crusty-friendly bookings to banish once more.

Robbie 2020

Levellers, New Model Army and 3 Daft Monkeys 2021

I'd make that sacrifice 

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Kinks have far more recognisable tunes than ELO though where you felt most people were just waiting in the rain for Mr Blue Sky.

Sunny Afternoon, Lola, Waterloo Sunset, All Day/Night, You Really Got Me, Dedicated Follower, Dead End Street, Everybody's Gonna Be Happy, Victoria.... There's enough there to make a set that even casual followers (of fashion) can enjoy.

5 hours ago, incident said:

Days, Well Respected Man, Tired of Waiting.. it really is amazing just how many widely known and loved songs they have and I think if they were announced people would remember that pretty quickly. Regardless of whether it's headline or legend, after 25 years away the place would be absolutely packed. 

I'd like to think I have more than a "casual" interest in music, and out of the 13 songs mentioned above, I only know 5....

60min Legends slot would be best for them IMO

Edited by ghostdancer1

25 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I wouldn't say short career. She had big hits for over a decade.

Yes. For a pop girl, her longevity is right up there.

Imagine a setlist of:

Toxic

Womaniser 

Hit Me Baby One More Time

Work Bitch

Stronger

Overprotected

Everytime

I’m A Slave 4 U

Lucky

Me Against The Music

Hold It Against Me

Gimme More

Do Somethin’

If U Seek Amy

Oops I Did It Again 

You Drive Me Crazy

- - 

I really hope she can sort out her MH issues and get over to the Farm, because the Pyramid would never be the same again after some of those choruses ?

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ugh, those names on the bill would terrify me. Craig David was bad enough. If they were all booked, the next step might as well be to move the Pyramid to a giant carpark or abandoned airport hanger and only serve Carling all weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He'd be one act out of hundreds (and two other headline slots for stuff that's "non-bland" but really meat & potatoes guitar music), he's hardly going to bring the festival crashing down.

Pretty sure the same was said about Kanye. And Jay-Z. And Adele. And Metallica....

All of those acts that you mention have something about them, they either did something new, had some edge or spoke an emotional truth to people. R.Williams shovelled out empty industrial product fir people who bought their one CD a year in Tesco’s. 

I am being kind of tongue  in cheek really. Believe it or not I really dislike meat and 2 veg guitar music and love a lot of sparkly pop. I just have an irrational dislike of R.Williams and do think that moving a little bit away from the mainstream for a few years may be a good idea. 

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Imagine a setlist of:

Toxic

Womaniser 

Work Bitch

Stronger

Overprotected

Everytime

I’m A Slave 4 U

Lucky

Me Against The Music

Hold It Against Me

Gimme More

Do Somethin’

If U Seek Amy

Oops I Did It Again 

You Drive Me Crazy

- - 

I really hope she can sort out her MH issues and get over to the Farm, because the Pyramid would never be the same again after some of those choruses ?

After these replies I checked the mighty wiki and will concede that she had a much longer career than I had assumed. Anyway she’d be more fun doing a 2am secret set on Truth ?

53 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Robbie would probably be huge, but then Craig David also had an absolutely HUGE crowd, despite him singing 50% that weren't his, but I hate all this landfill pop.

To be fair, a large part of Craig David's crowd were people waiting for Jeremy Corbyn.

50 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Imagine a setlist of:

Toxic

Womaniser 

Work Bitch

Stronger

Overprotected

Everytime

I’m A Slave 4 U

Lucky

Me Against The Music

Hold It Against Me

Gimme More

Do Somethin’

If U Seek Amy

Oops I Did It Again 

You Drive Me Crazy

- - 

Only four of those break the fanboy glass ceiling.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Only four of those break the fanboy glass ceiling.

Which four? Toxic, Womaniser, Hit Me Baby, Oops, Everytime, You Drive Me Crazy, Gimme More, Do Somethin and Stronger are probably a fair bit more iconic than If U Seek Amy but it’d be non-stop bangers all the way.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

25 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Which four? Toxic, Womaniser, Hit Me Baby, Oops, Everytime, You Drive Me Crazy, Gimme More, Do Somethin and Stronger are probably a fair bit more iconic than If U Seek Amy but it’d be non-stop bangers all the way.

As someone who was listening to Radio 1 a lot when they came out, Toxic, HMB, Oops and Slave were the only ones I'd even heard of, but I'm sure I'd know a couple more if I heard em. I think the legend slot is too big but could do the Katy Perry thing easy enough... Diana Ross into Brit? 

15 minutes ago, Superscally said:

As someone who was listening to Radio 1 a lot when they came out, Toxic, HMB, Oops and Slave were the only ones I'd even heard of, but I'm sure I'd know a couple more if I heard em. I think the legend slot is too big but could do the Katy Perry thing easy enough... Diana Ross into Brit? 

Everytime was inescapable for what felt like the whole of 2004, I’m sure you’d recognise it and the video of her in the bath in a heartbeat. Womanizer has sold almost half a million copies here too. And Stronger and Work are two of the defining gay anthems of the century even if they didn’t infiltrate the mainstream to the extent those four did. Her live rep isn’t great but she’s sold 150 million records, she’s absolutely perfect for the legends slot in a few years time if she gets back up on her feet, I promise you ❤️

I’m not even a stan I swear :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Everytime was inescapable for what felt like the whole of 2004, I’m sure you’d recognise it and the video of her in the bath in a heartbeat. Womanizer has sold almost half a million copies here too. And Stronger and Work are two of the defining gay anthems of the century even if they didn’t infiltrate the mainstream to the extent those four did. Her live rep isn’t great but she’s sold 150 million records, she’s absolutely perfect for the legends slot in a few years time if she gets back up on her feet, I promise you ❤️

I’m not even a stan I swear :lol: 

Ha! Sure ? 

I think if she re-emerged with a banger like Nile Rodgers did with Get Lucky, it'd be on. Bit like Kylie had the two phase career, I reckon she needs a shot in the arm, which if she is looked after properly health wise, I'm sure someone would fall over themselves to write...

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Ha! Sure ? 

I think if she re-emerged with a banger like Nile Rodgers did with Get Lucky, it'd be on. Bit like Kylie had the two phase career, I reckon she needs a shot in the arm, which if she is looked after properly health wise, I'm sure someone would fall over themselves to write...

yeah good shout

• Like 1

Britney is a strange one because I’d absolutely love it. I wouldn’t go to her expecting any sort of vocal masterclass though. 

I totally would not give a fuck if she mimed the whole thing. Remember the beauty of Glastonbury is that you can see Radiohead and Katy Perry in the same weekend and have a fantastic time.

Britney would be the perfect act to have a couple of beers while watching with your mates. It’s why I love pop at glasto because sometimes you need a balance from the serious acts. I don’t see what the problem with the booking would be?

7 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd like to think I have more than a "casual" interest in music, and out of the 13 songs mentioned above, I only know 5....

60min Legends slot would be best for them IMO

Sorry mate but you less than a casual.