2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Was Paul Simon in the legends slot? I can't remember but if he was, he's the poster boy for not getting it! Such a disappointment, even garfunkel was better in the acoustic tent a few years later

Yes he was. He had a cold.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Yes he was. He had a cold.

Wasn't so much his voice as the setlist - I think in the BBC interview afterwards he said he realised after playing 'call me Al' when the audience woke up that he maybe should have played some more songs like that

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

The Kinks would be glorious. I'd bet legends slot rather than headliners at this point but who knows

Didn't they play that slot a few years ago? Maybe 2010 or something? I seem to have a memory of it... 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I said I'd see him, not shake his hand...

@Woffy must be going mental about now. Sure he has more of a hatred for Mr Williams than most. 

He always sounds dreadful to me. Not even sure he has that many decent songs barring Angels and possibly Let me Entertain you.

Plus he's a Tory 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I would be unashamedly all over a Robbie set. Guaranteed hour full of bangers, and a chance to hear Kids on the Pyramid again (hopefully this time with the full duo). Not headlining obviously, but maybe post-legend on the Sunday? Get him booked.

The guy sold out Hyde Park, if he's booked he's headlining.

I have long held a soft spot for his I've Been Expecting You album.

Nope to Robbie for me.  Aside from the fact I find his persona insufferably smug (and pretty much everything post-2001 utter dross), from all the live footage I've ever seen from him he's absolutely one of the worst for sitting back and just letting the crowd sing his bastard songs.

We've had the backing track vs singing discussion elsewhere, but strutting the stage with a mic pointed at the crowd while they sing all the difficult bits is up there with full-on miming for me.

EDIT: clearly they can book him if they want. I'm not going to rip my ticket up or bitch at Emily on the socials.  I'll just be in a very different field watching something else :)

Edited by Quark

Took my mum to see Robbie thinking i'd half enjoy it but it was one of the better gigs I've been to of late, the bottle of gin and multiple bottles of wine may of helped but still, he is a great showmen and he has the banger's to back it up.

I dunno how snobby this makes me but the idea of actually looking at a Glastonbury line-up poster with Robbie Williams at the top makes me cringe more than most. I don't really have anything against the guy but its not one of the line-ups I'd pull up years later to show off about.

Should get him subbing Nick Cave so at the front its a bunch of bored goth tourists.

I actually think Robbie could potentially match Kylie in the legends slot. Imagine an evening with Robbie in the legends slot and Elton closing? Pyramid would be like sardines all day. 

Hasn’t he already played the festival? 

I’d also be down for it.