2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

For who? It varies by act but Fleetwood Mac just played Wembley so you’d probably want to be there to watch the sub if you wanted to claim a spot in the pit. Or be ready to dive in when the sub finishes for anywhere not in the pit but in front of the sound towers.

Sorry, yeh....meant FM! I heard the Rolling Stones crowd was carnage getting anywhere near (sadly a year before my time)

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Sorry, yeh....meant FM! I heard the Rolling Stones crowd was carnage getting anywhere near (sadly a year before my time)

That’s the Stones though innit. Also there was fuck all on the other stages that night, as long as FM have stronger competition than Jason Status and Fuck Buttons it’ll definitely not be that bad. For Kanye (who had a big crowd, at least at the start) we were there in time for Pharrell, but were still able to get in and out of the pit 45 minutes before Kanye came on to go top up our water bottles. 

Purely depends on how bothered you are, some people will wait for the headliners all day ?

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Edit: just checked and their current setlists have found room for random covers of Crowded House and Tom Petty but not Songbird?? Fuck sake it’s gonna be like the Foo Fighters all over again.

Would hardly call those covers random.

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Would hardly call those covers random.

Soz, I forgot Neil Flynn had joined. Still, a band who could probably release two separate Greatest Hits collections and still have bangers left over shouldn’t be wasting time on covers, is the point.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

"Jason Status and Fuck Buttons"

Purely depends on how bothered you are, some people will wait for the headliners all day ?

Hahahaha! I actually know people who went to Chase and Status and claim to have no regrets....I have absolutely no idea who Fuck Buttons refers to but it cracked me up none the less

Aye, when I asked a friend of a friend this year on Sunday morning what her plan was, she said standing by the front barrier of the Pyramid stage until after Miley. She is 5ft and apparently adores Kylie, so maybe that's legit in some way...but I still hasten to add that we are not friends. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Every argument that can be applied to Fleetwood Mac not getting it or phoning it in or doing it for the money was also deployed in advance of the Stones doing it.

On the night they showed up sharp, were dope as fuck, rewrote Factory Girl with a set of Glastonbury-specific lyrics, unleashed Lisa Fisher's stab at Merry Clayton, brought Mick Taylor on for a soul-shaking Midnight Rambler and then climaxed in a near hour-long display of endless life-changing boogie that rocked the fucking foundations of Somerset.

In short, we don't know.

I occasionally forget how good they were that night. Thanks for reminding me. Everything I hoped that gig could be.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Precisely how many acts before hand are we gonna need to be there to get a relatively decent spot (i.e. at least infront of the sound box)?

Friday or Saturday and you’d be fine as the sub is finishing.  Sunday..... about 11am 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Hahahaha! I actually know people who went to Chase and Status and claim to have no regrets....I have absolutely no idea who Fuck Buttons refers to but it cracked me up none the less

Aye, when I asked a friend of a friend this year on Sunday morning what her plan was, she said standing by the front barrier of the Pyramid stage until after Miley. She is 5ft and apparently adores Kylie, so maybe that's legit in some way...but I still hasten to add that we are not friends. 

Fuck Buttons is the actual name of the act! They/he/she headlined The Park.

We got there towards the end of Primal Scream and had a decent spot for the Stones but definitely behind the sound desk. One of my favourite headliners ever! However I did need a wee from just before they came on and had to hold it throughout the entire thing because I knew I'd never get back to my mates. That was tough.

Soz, I forgot Neil Flynn had joined. Still, a band who could probably release two separate Greatest Hits collections and still have bangers left over shouldn’t be wasting time on covers, is the point.

And the other newbie Mike Campbell was a heartbreaker.

But yes, leave the covers at home.

That’s the Stones though innit. Also there was fuck all on the other stages that night, as long as FM have stronger competition than Jason Status and Fuck Buttons it’ll definitely not be that bad.  

I was gutted Fuck Buttons clashed with the Stones if they get booked again against Fleetwood Mac I sure as hell wouldn't be watching the ageing soft rock cocaine enthusiasts.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fuck Buttons is the actual name of the act! They/he/she headlined The Park.

We got there towards the end of Primal Scream and had a decent spot for the Stones but definitely behind the sound desk. One of my favourite headliners ever! However I did need a wee from just before they came on and had to hold it throughout the entire thing because I knew I'd never get back to my mates. That was tough.

We were right down the front for the first 4/5 songs but left as it was getting a bit heavy, plus I needed the loo. Watched the rest from up the Grande Boeuff stall and had a great time. Plenty of space, could see/hear perfectly and easy access to cider.

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If we nominating people for this slot, do we reckon Kelly Clarkson is still big enough for it? No clue what she is like live but Since You Been Gone on the Pyramid could be quite something

It’s someone typically not big enough to headline. Let’s have Christina or Celine.

So Skybet released their Glasto 2020 odds a couple week back, and they all seem relatively plausible except why on earth are The Smiths at 11/2?! I would have expected at least 10,000-1 surely? 

Aside from that, Taylor Swift at 7-1 seems like pretty decent value. 

https://m.skybet.com/tv-music-and-film/glastonbury-festival/event/24085172

19 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

So Skybet released their Glasto 2020 odds a couple week back, and they all seem relatively plausible except why on earth are The Smiths at 11/2?! I would have expected at least 10,000-1 surely? 

I guess with Johnny Marr around it’s a possible link to next year, same as mentions for the Pet Shop Boys, and The Killers In 2017.

the list is pretty dumb anyway, around 1/500 for ABBA, REM, Pink Floyd I’d say. Smiths 1/1000. 

Edited by Avalon_Fields
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kalifire said:

At this stage, I’m going to go for:

Fri: Foals

Sat: Fleetwood Mac

Sun: The Carters / Tay Tay / Gaga 

Ledge: Elton

WTF American pop slot: Arianna

They'll have someone who wants that slot that is much bigger than Foals, it's already kind of been indicated for them as a sub. I don't see The Carter's or Taylor doing it, Gaga I could and Arianna I think would accept the American slot, tbh she could even get 3rd down Sunday again like Miley.

3 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Even in the unlikely event that The Smiths reform and are up for doing it, the singer's politics should make it impossible.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

Even in the unlikely event that The Smiths reform and are up for doing it, the singer's politics should make it impossible.

Either that or Morrissey realises that he's been an arse and that his legacy is going down the drain, figures that the best way to restore his name would be to humbly put differences aside to reunite the band and then wait no this isn't ever happening.