2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just spoke to daughter#2 who is still on the farm and she was chatting to someone last night who really knows what's going on and they said that FM were booked for next year.

After their ‘big field’ comment during their Wembley show I was pretty much fixed on them doing it next year but nice to have something else to suggest it’s happening. Christ I hope they’re not shite now after all of this ?

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just spoke to daughter#2 who is still on the farm and she was chatting to someone last night who really knows what's going on and they said that FM were booked for next year.

Oh, shitting hell!! I do wish that this rumour mill had started after T-Day though...

I also wish I was still on the farm. Sigh. 

Was just gonna place a cheeky tenner on Fleetwood Mac, then saw they're already massive favourites. Dang it. AC/DC are waaay down the list. Got me thinking, what's ever been the biggest "outside" to headline? Someone the bookies got wrong or weren't ever expect? Was thinking back to Jay-Z, but it was so long ago and I didn't go that I don't really know for sure

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here we go again 

I guess we can have a little bit of fun before it’s 1975, Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by Matt42

Am I the only one that is really not arsed about Fleetwood Mac? They don't seem to actually want to play, or even care about the festival, especially the fact that they have refused to drop their price for it for so long!
I mean, I'd not really have much interest in watching them anyway, but I feel like they've already disrespected the slot before they're even announced to play!

11 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Am I the only one that is really not arsed about Fleetwood Mac? They don't seem to actually want to play, or even care about the festival, especially the fact that they have refused to drop their price for it for so long!
I mean, I'd not really have much interest in watching them anyway, but I feel like they've already disrespected the slot before they're even announced to play!

Every argument that can be applied to Fleetwood Mac not getting it or phoning it in or doing it for the money was also deployed in advance of the Stones doing it.

On the night they showed up sharp, were dope as fuck, rewrote Factory Girl with a set of Glastonbury-specific lyrics, unleashed Lisa Fisher's stab at Merry Clayton, brought Mick Taylor on for a soul-shaking Midnight Rambler and then climaxed in a near hour-long display of endless life-changing boogie that rocked the fucking foundations of Somerset.

In short, we don't know.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Every argument that can be applied to Fleetwood Mac not getting it or phoning it in or doing it for the money was also deployed in advance of the Stones doing it.

On the night they showed up sharp, were dope as fuck, rewrote Factory Girl with a set of Glastonbury-specific lyrics, unleashed Lisa Fisher's stab at Merry Clayton, brought Mick Taylor on for a soul-shaking Midnight Rambler and then climaxed in a near hour-long display of endless life-changing boogie that rocked the fucking foundations of Somerset.

In short, we don't know.

Okay, I'll give you that one!

Ultimately, Fleetwood Mac live or die by the strength of their jams. 

After The Cure finished we were all standing by the Village Inn or whatever it's called and the DJ put on Dreams and suddenly the place had people charging in to cut a rug. Joint went from deserted to heaving on the back of one song from off of Rumours.

I reckon they'll do OK.

The tunes will sound great - when they’re that good, they can’t possibly not. Just a damn shame it didn’t happen when Bucks was still around, Go Your Own Way with him singing lead would’ve been one of the all time Glastonbury Moments™.

Edit: just checked and their current setlists have found room for random covers of Crowded House and Tom Petty but not Songbird?? Fuck sake it’s gonna be like the Foo Fighters all over again.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Precisely how many acts before hand are we gonna need to be there to get a relatively decent spot (i.e. at least infront of the sound box)?

For who? It varies by act but Fleetwood Mac just played Wembley so you’d probably want to be there to watch the sub if you wanted to claim a spot in the pit. Or be ready to dive in when the sub finishes for anywhere not in the pit but in front of the sound towers.