2020 headliners

jj200

27 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I gave Metallica a chance but after they played the same song for a third time in a row we ended up at Mogwai. Slim pickings that night, to say the least.

I got real weirded out up at Dexys Midnight Runners. It's a funny place the Acoustic stage.

9 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Hahaha fuck sake.

But pop acts don’t suffer from the issue metal acts do, i.e. being an acquired taste which is completely baffling to the untrained ear and likely to leave Pyramid dwellers running for their lives. So that would be silly and completely unjustified.

Sure they do. Loads of people hate pop and do one as soon as any comes on.

2014 was the last time I saw a Pyramid Headliner. Saw all 3 that year... didnt really want to watch Kasabian, but nothing else appealled. 

Since then, only Radiohead & Adele have interested me. I missed Adele as I didnt fancy it at the time, which was a big o.g... but I had a great night & I saw The Flaming Lips instead of Radiohead. No regrets on that as I saw them 3 months later.

I would like to watch another again at some point! Regardless of it not being everything, to watch a Pyramid headliner is a special thing. After Glastonbury The main things I was asked by randoms or people from work were...

"Did you watch Stormzy?"....  "No"

"Did you watch the Killers?"...."No"

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2014 was the last time I saw a Pyramid Headliner. Saw all 3 that year... didnt really want to watch Kasabian, but nothing else appealled. 

Since then, only Radiohead & Adele have interested me. I missed Adele as I didnt fancy it at the time, which was a big o.g... but I had a great night & I saw The Flaming Lips instead of Radiohead. No regrets on that as I saw them 3 months later.

I would like to watch another again at some point! Regardless of it not being everything, to watch a Pyramid headliner is a special thing. After Glastonbury The main things I was asked by randoms or people from work were...

Mine were...

"Did you watch The Killers?"... No.

"Did you get muddy?"... No.

"What about Kylie?"... Of course, I'm not a complete Idiot.

13 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I gave Metallica a chance but after they played the same song for a third time in a row we ended up at Mogwai. Slim pickings that night, to say the least.

Aye did but it's just a case of I've I'd seen then enough as a casual fan of some songs and was bored.

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I wouldn't call ACDC a Metal band really. It's just rock n roll. Plenty of Blues inspired stuff.

And Metallica were great!

They aren't a metal band at all

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

8 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Mine were...

"Did you watch The Killers?"... No.

"Did you get muddy?"... No.

"What about Kylie?"... Of course, I'm not a complete Idiot.

In Scotland the only thing anyone ever seems to give a shit about is Lewis Capaldi!!!

Not only did I not see him, I wasn't even aware of his existence until about a month before Glastonbury. I don't admit that obviously. 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

In Scotland the only thing anyone ever seems to give a shit about is Lewis Capaldi!!!

Not only did I not see him, I wasn't even aware of his existence until about a month before Glastonbury. I don't admit that obviously. 

Me too. I thought he was a shit comedian until I saw an advert for his album about a month before the festival. He kept popping up on facebook etc reviewing Crisps & stuff like that.

The only other questions I had, from a certain demographic was "Did you see the chemical brothers?" "Yes!"

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

There is absolutely no shame in that. Funny guy but his music is insipid shite.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me too. I thought he was a shit comedian until I saw an advert for his album about a month before the festival. He kept popping up on facebook etc reviewing Crisps & stuff like that.

The only other questions I had, from a certain demographic was "Did you see the chemical brothers?" "Yes!"

Same...but for sadly reasons I've not quite yet fathomed or come to terms with, my answer to that question is also "no".

I think part of the problem was that everyone of "that demographic" that was with me had already seen them. The second of two absolute clangers of headline choices this year!

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Same...but for sadly reasons I've not quite yet fathomed or come to terms with, my answer to that question is also "no".

I think part of the problem was that everyone of "that demographic" that was with me had already seen them. The second of two absolute clangers of headline choices this year!

We had already seen them... in fact I have now seen them 3 times on the other stage this decade, but nothing else really appealed.

I had a great night, so in spite of it being a repeat booking, I can't complain.

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Same questions here & in that order, 3rd was `was it muddy` ffs!

Obviously there’s a chance that they might actually want to do it, but really can’t see AC/DC at all being in the running for next year. Would love to be wrong as they’re probably the only realistic ‘heavy’ act who could take that top spot, but I imagine it’ll just be a big bucks tour for them, and possibly Download if they fancy doing any festival dates.