2020 headliners

jj200

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Subjectivity aside I’m pretty sure Taylor Swift is a bigger tour seller than Beyoncé.

Also I think people forget that Beyoncé headlined at a pretty shakey time in her career. Before self-titled and lemonade she was not as big of a deal as she is now.

Come again? Sasha Fierce was huge and 4 is pretty big too. Probably have way more big singles than her most recent two did.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Come again? Sasha Fierce was huge and 4 is pretty big too. Probably have way more big singles than her most recent two did.

Hmm I remember 4 was considered a major let down from Sasha Fierce.

Without a doubt though her most popular material came after her headline set.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really? I’m no Beyoncé super fan but if you asked me to name three songs I’d say Crazy in Love, Put A Ring On It and Halo.

All came before she headlined.

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

Don't think glasto would accommodate for the entire stage they bring with them

People said the same about U2 but they scaled it down and played. 50th anniversary, they'll be after something special. 

And Brian Johnson appears very knowledgeable about the festival judging by his interview with Dolly. 

We can but dream. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It really didn't. Nothing she's released since has sold as well as anything she'd released before she headlined. I bet even you could name far more of her earlier singles than you could recent ones, I know I could.

She may now be seen as more credible and a bit more of a 'critical darling' (probably partially due to her headline slot), but she was massively massively popular already.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

People said the same about U2 but they scaled it down and played. 50th anniversary, they'll be after something special. 

And Brian Johnson appears very knowledgeable about the festival judging by his interview with Dolly. 

We can but dream. 

I thought he was no longer allowed to tour?

Not many bigger than Taylor Swift that haven't already done it. Fact. Any talk of a decline is wide of the mark as well. It's rare for an artist to be on a constant upward trajectory of five star reviews, highest-grossing tours and record breaking sales throughout their career but I think she's doing pretty fine. No need to think she would be begging at the feet of Eavis as if her life depended on it. But she'd smash it out the park, by the way. You know it would be 2 hours of wall to wall bangers? Obv it's down to preference (and mine is that Taylor Swift is the fucking GOAT) but if you think that she isn't a capable headliner, you've clearly never watched one of her live shows.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It really didn't. Nothing she's released since has sold as well as anything she'd released before she headlined. I bet even you could name far more of her earlier singles than you could recent ones, I know I could.

She may now be seen as more credible and a bit more of a 'critical darling' (probably partially due to her headline slot), but she was massively massively popular already.

Yep. The solo Super Bowl she did in 2013 solidified her megastar status - the two albums she’d done since then, while great, were self-indulgent enough that they’ve have bombed if she hadn’t already spent a decade putting out banger after banger. She hasn’t had an inescapable ‘hit’ since Love On Top yet has still managed to graduate to stadium status, it’s quite the feat.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy