2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The more pertinent question is whether anyone is “too expensive” for the Pyramid.

...and who else, besides the Stones, the fest regards as prestigious enough to pay above their usual rates to secure. Beyoncé would definitely fit into that category if she hadn’t played before. T-Swizz, I’m not so sure.

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

...and who else, besides the Stones, the fest regards as prestigious enough to pay above their usual rates to secure. Beyoncé would definitely fit into that category if she hadn’t played before. T-Swizz, I’m not so sure.

Given the noises being made by the Eavii I'd guess they'd go above and beyond for Fleetwood Mac.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given the noises being made by the Eavii I'd guess they'd go above and beyond for Fleetwood Mac.

Em has said they’d love Madonna too, although with every terrible album she puts out her huge fee looks more and more unjustified. At least FM actively embrace their legacy act status and play the hits, you know you’d get your money’s worth with them.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if Glasto have chucked an offer towards U2 or the Rolling Stones just to see if they’d say yes.

Highly doubt they’d return.... but the Who returned?

U2 would seem more likely to me.  Stones feels very much like a one and done, same as Springsteen. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

U2 would seem more likely to me.  Stones feels very much like a one and done, same as Springsteen. 

Yeah I can’t imagine that the 2011 crowd is similar to the current crowd. 

The stones worked so well and wrote itself into the history books. U2 had a much harder time with the rain so I guess there’s a storyline the BBC could spin to make it exciting again.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I can’t imagine that the 2011 crowd is similar to the current crowd. 

The stones worked so well and wrote itself into the history books. U2 had a much harder time with the rain so I guess there’s a storyline the BBC could spin to make it exciting again.

I was thinking, U2 could definitely be a goer again.

I was there for that and it was the poorest U2 Gig I have been to (having seen them in 2001 and 2005 before Glastonbury). I saw them last year and it was so much better. I wasn't going to go as I had not really been into them for a long time. It was probably the best gig I have ever been to at the Manchester Arena. Used the arena perfectly. I was actually pretty shocked at how good it was.

Was a bit gutted, was there in '10 when they were meant to play but couldn't go in '11 (apparently my wedding was more important). One of those bands that gets lots of stick for various reasons, some fully justified some not, but they've got such a massive back catalogue of tunes. I'd be onboard.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just can't look past how much of an arse Bono is.

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bono is a monumental arse, but as we know, being an arse is no reason to not headline.

I've genuinely never understood why he is perceived as such an arse.  I know there's some questions around tax, and an ongoing spat about whether that kind of approach to charity is actually a good thing or not, but on balance what has he done that's so bad?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swings and roundabouts. 2010 was Stevie's year.

Skipped him. Levellers on Glade. No regrets motherlovers.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also I think people forget that Beyoncé headlined at a pretty shakey time in her career. Before self-titled and lemonade she was not as big of a deal as she is now.

Yeah for all Beyonce is now clearly regarded as Queen of All She Touches there was a decidedly mixed reaction to her being announced as headliner particularly when she was subbing T in the Park in the same year.

52 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bono is a monumental arse, but as we know, being an arse is no reason to not headline.

Plenty of arse headliners in the past. Notable mentions The Who, Arctic Monkeys, ELO (I class legend as headliner), Kanye west, Oasis....