2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The thing I don't get about Fleetwood Mac is why they wouldn't have done it this year if they were willing to play Glastonbury?

They were just finished a leg of the world tour in Wembley itself a week before Glastonbury, it was the perfect time.

Surely after Macca became a non-runner, they would have gone to them. If there's enough money to book moneybags Macca, there'd be enough money to book moneybags Mac? Obviously this depends on how much of a paycut both were willing to take, which given Michael's repeated "we can't afford them", makes it sound like they've tried recently and FM won't take the paycut.

FM have no gigs announced after October, so absolutely no indication that they'll be touring next year.

for those reasons I think the Eavii are just giving the usual "oh we'd love to have them" platitudes in the hope that they'll some day get them, but I can't see 2020 being a runner at present.....

Macca knows Glasto though as probably wouldn't be asking a bomb.

I'm slightly leaning on Elton is a headline slot, he does seem to have sold a lot of tickets for his tour...7 02 dates I think but Dolly sold a lot too....he is ultimately a bigger name with a great catalogue you'd have to say.

Based on that Arctics/Blur, FM, Elton possibly. I don't think they are are going to give any newly headline like The 1975 it on a year where they simply won't need to and they'll most likely take a lower slot to be apart of it.

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The thing I don't get about Fleetwood Mac is why they wouldn't have done it this year if they were willing to play Glastonbury?

They were just finished a leg of the world tour in Wembley itself a week before Glastonbury, it was the perfect time.

Surely after Macca became a non-runner, they would have gone to them. If there's enough money to book moneybags Macca, there'd be enough money to book moneybags Mac? Obviously this depends on how much of a paycut both were willing to take, which given Michael's repeated "we can't afford them", makes it sound like they've tried recently and FM won't take the paycut.

FM have no gigs announced after October, so absolutely no indication that they'll be touring next year.

for those reasons I think the Eavii are just giving the usual "oh we'd love to have them" platitudes in the hope that they'll some day get them, but I can't see 2020 being a runner at present.....

those wembley shows would have been on an exclusive basis, and FM would have been getting top wack for them. Taking Glasto would have been shafting the wembley promoter.

And it's quite possibly the case they'd turned down Glasto before Macca (or whoever) dropped out.

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Based on that Arctics/Blur, FM, Elton possibly. I don't think they are are going to give any newly headline like The 1975 it on a year where they simply won't need to and they'll most likely take a lower slot to be apart of it.

See I think the exact opposite - the 50th should be about everything Glasto stands for, and part of that philosophy is giving a shot to those kind of acts - so 1975 or something similar will feature for me. Hoping for a female headliner too, and a legend to close.

Just now, djdavejohnson said:

See I think the exact opposite - the 50th should be about everything Glasto stands for, and part of that philosophy is giving a shot to those kind of acts - so 1975 or something similar will feature for me. Hoping for a female headliner too, and a legend to close.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My punt is The 1975 / Reg / Swizzle.

And if the latter was a red herring / benighted facsimile from Glastonbury Grove then it'd have to be Gaga o'clock.

Something like that, in a nutshell ?

Taylor still bringing out the hits despite the ownership row. Didn't think for one second she'd drop her back catalogue but there's confirmation at least.

Will desperately be searching for the old Glastonbury shaped hole when the tour dates are released!

45 minutes ago, jparx said:

Will desperately be searching for the old Glastonbury shaped hole when the tour dates are released!

If you send her a DM now mate and ask her to do it, it’s probably still early enough that she could call up and there will be a slot 

Edited by Matt42

49 minutes ago, jparx said:

Taylor still bringing out the hits despite the ownership row. Didn't think for one second she'd drop her back catalogue but there's confirmation at least.

Oh yes.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2019/hammerstein-ballroom-new-york-ny-4b9e9f9a.html

Getting a Swizzle 2020 t-shirt made.

15 hours ago, zero000 said:

Circle of life on the pyramid stage. What a moment.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Meerkat costumes aplenty.

Babies being thrust into the air from the disabled viewing platform...

I know I said she wouldn’t do it only a few days ago but it seems she’s serious about this album thing now.

Critics aside I think she would be a fantastic headliner and probably easier to get than Swift etc. I’m sure she’s been on the Eavis radar before too!

I think some underestimate how many bangers she has. The field would be bouncing.

38632D59-CB3B-4B67-BCBD-C2A3E6E7A2C4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know I said she wouldn’t do it only a few days ago but it seems she’s serious about this album thing now.

Critics aside I think she would be a fantastic headliner and probably easier to get than Swift etc. I’m sure she’s been on the Eavis radar before too!

I think some underestimate how many bangers she has. The field would be bouncing.

38632D59-CB3B-4B67-BCBD-C2A3E6E7A2C4.jpeg

Her last UK tour sold so abysmally, would be surprised if she ever headlined anything over here again without a major trajectory reversal.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Her last UK tour sold so abysmally, would be surprised if she ever headlined anything over here again without a major trajectory reversal.

She’s definitely still Glastonbury headline level. Especially since she’s been away for a bit.