2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

More likely she promises to forget the first 12 years of it and play nothing except songs from Lovers or whatever it’s called.

She’s playing an Amazon Prime Day concert tomorrow. I’m going to watch it to see if she says anything about Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

Also, Queen B reportedly earned 4 million for playing Coachella, and that’s just down the road from where she lives. If Team Glasto can convince her to traipse halfway across the world to return to a festival she’s already smashed the living daylights out of, for a sixteenth of that fee, then their negotiators should be in charge of Brexit.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She’s playing an Amazon Prime Day concert tomorrow. I’m going to watch it to see if she says anything about Glastonbury.

“Hahahaha, remember that time Glastonbury were desperate for a headliner and ended up having to book The Who because I refused to play despite being in London with nothing to do that day, lol suckerz”

15 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Going with 1975 after they deliver a great headline set at Reading (even though I only like a few songs)

Tay Sway (who would be awesome and get loads of TV exposure)

Elton John

Legend Di Ro

I could go for that lot. 1975 and TS not really my cuppa but both new headliners.

Elton & Diana would be shamazing

Reg makes a lot of sense for next year, but then the Eavii have also been making plenty of noises around FM. Dunno why but I can't see them getting back in next year as headliners, it doesn't quite sit right with me.

I still think The 1975 are nailed on for Friday and they'll go for a big female pop star for Saturday (Tay Tay) which leaves those two to battle it out for Sunday.

I'm sticking with Reg.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Reg makes a lot of sense for next year, but then the Eavii have also been making plenty of noises around FM. Dunno why but I can't see them getting back in next year as headliners, it doesn't quite sit right with me.

I still think The 1975 are nailed on for Friday and they'll go for a big female pop star for Saturday (Tay Tay) which leaves those two to battle it out for Sunday.

I'm sticking with Reg.

I was fully on the Reg train, but the comments made by FM at their Wembley gig has changed that a little. 

I think it’s one or the other, really can’t see it being both. 

Not sure why but I reckon Gaga is more likely than T-Swizzle and Foals could be there instead of 1975.

So...

Fri - Foals or 1975

Sat - Gaga or Tay Tay

Sun - Reg or FM

Who knows. Probs just end up with Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Muse again. 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Scenes when Big Reg brings out Blue for a rousing rendition of “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word”. 

And then Beyoncé and Childish Gambino for Can You Feel The Love Tonight, just to leave the entire crowd in hospital.

The thing I don't get about Fleetwood Mac is why they wouldn't have done it this year if they were willing to play Glastonbury?

They were just finished a leg of the world tour in Wembley itself a week before Glastonbury, it was the perfect time.

Surely after Macca became a non-runner, they would have gone to them. If there's enough money to book moneybags Macca, there'd be enough money to book moneybags Mac? Obviously this depends on how much of a paycut both were willing to take, which given Michael's repeated "we can't afford them", makes it sound like they've tried recently and FM won't take the paycut.

FM have no gigs announced after October, so absolutely no indication that they'll be touring next year.

for those reasons I think the Eavii are just giving the usual "oh we'd love to have them" platitudes in the hope that they'll some day get them, but I can't see 2020 being a runner at present.....

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The thing I don't get about Fleetwood Mac is why they wouldn't have done it this year if they were willing to play Glastonbury?

They were just finished a leg of the world tour in Wembley itself a week before Glastonbury, it was the perfect time.

Surely after Macca became a non-runner, they would have gone to them. If there's enough money to book moneybags Macca, there'd be enough money to book moneybags Mac? Obviously this depends on how much of a paycut both were willing to take, which given Michael's repeated "we can't afford them", makes it sound like they've tried recently and FM won't take the paycut.

FM have no gigs announced after October, so absolutely no indication that they'll be touring next year.

for those reasons I think the Eavii are just giving the usual "oh we'd love to have them" platitudes in the hope that they'll some day get them, but I can't see 2020 being a runner at present.....

they raided the piggy bank and were a few quid short ?