2020 headliners

jj200

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've given the source before so I can say it again. :) 

It was Nick Dewey (to Scott), making clear that Macca won't be playing next year despite what Michael had said.

(I've got no experience of Nick's word being proven true or false, but i do have experience of Emily telling me to ignore what Michael has said - so i reckon Nick was coming from the same place and wasn't telling porkies).

Fair enough! 

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I fully think they would take a sub, I'd watch them sub but not headline as they would probably screw that up.

Different years, bands weren't desperate to play the 49th version.

Why are you so certain that bands are desperate to play the 50th?

Taylor Swift

Reg Dwight

Coldplay

- D. Ross - Legend.

Swift is due I think. Elton gets the gig, I'll be shocked if he doesn't. When in doubt, it's always Coldplay. Plus Coldplay are a massive headliner (unfortunately) who will play for less then the market rate.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

7 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Why are you so certain that bands are desperate to play the 50th?

I didn't say KOL were so desperate....but they aren't going to get a headline slot at the 50th anniversary. Emily...the one who generally is more truthful made it known a while back now that 'everyone, obviously not literally but there was a point made wanted to play the 50th and there had been Pyramid struggles. 

The Carters would be a nice callback to two of Glastonbury’ s big defining headliner moments, and obviously a big deal in itself, but I don’t see it - do they have any plans to tour again any time soon?

I’m sure there’ll be little callbacks to past Glastonbury lineups/moments scattered throughout the lineup but headliner wise I’m sure it’ll just be business as usual.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

The Carters would be a nice callback to two of Glastonbury’ s big defining headliner moments, and obviously a big deal in itself, but I don’t see it - do they have any plans to tour again any time soon?

I’m sure there’ll be little callbacks to past Glastonbury lineups/moments scattered throughout the lineup but headliner wise I’m sure it’ll just be business as usual.

Their last tour was a Jay Z & Beyoncé tour so there’s no chance they’ll be doing that again next summer. I would estimate that Beyoncé will be touring a new album next summer but no one else seems on board with a prediction for her headlining.

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

I guess also getting a megastar to headline cut price is often difficult enough once, to get two to do it again in the same slot is probably beyond the realms of what's possible.

Yeah as big a deal as the two of them headlining Glastonbury was for us and the festival, I’m sure it’s just a blip in both of their careers that has long since been overshadowed - another reason why I don’t see Beyoncé returning next year, and also just still seems too soon for me considering they’ve barely scraped the surface of big female headliners they could get.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Their last tour was a Jay Z & Beyoncé tour so there’s no chance they’ll be doing that again next summer. I would estimate that Beyoncé will be touring a new album next summer but no one else seems on board with a prediction for her headlining. 

I would get on board with either really. Annoying with the timing of their joint tour last year as that would be a great headliner show for a 50th. May keep a note for future headliner though..

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah as big a deal as the two of them headlining Glastonbury was for us and the festival, I’m sure it’s just a blip in both of their careers that has long since been overshadowed - another reason why I don’t see Beyoncé returning next year, and also just still seems too soon for me considering they’ve barely scraped the surface of big female headliners they could get.

Yep, agreed. One for the future. Bring on the Swizzle!