2020 headliners

jj200

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Why's that Neil?

Ah I see it's on the basis of some info that I imagine you feel you can't disclose...

I've given the source before so I can say it again. :) 

It was Nick Dewey (to Scott), making clear that Macca won't be playing next year despite what Michael had said.

(I've got no experience of Nick's word being proven true or false, but i do have experience of Emily telling me to ignore what Michael has said - so i reckon Nick was coming from the same place and wasn't telling porkies).

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca probably doesn't confirm concerts this far in advance so it may be a case of him not being booked *yet*.

That said, maybe a bad experience this year means that they won't be trying again.

My take is they've been told that Macca won't be touring next year so won't be available to book. Seems to make the most sense.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@dentaIpIan

@eFestivals

where is this about KOL and Pilton party? I can’t find it anywhere?

I've only read about it on here, so i'm guessing it's info from dee.

Without casting aspersions on dee, info from Pilton is traditionally very shit and wrong - tho I do have a feeling there might be something to this.

It's a long time since a band playing PP got a headline slot tho, so if doing PP is tied to a slot I reckon it's pyramid sub or other headline.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Without casting aspersions on dee, info from Pilton is traditionally very shit and wrong - tho I do have a feeling there might be something to this.

It's a long time since a band playing PP got a headline slot tho, so if doing PP is tied to a slot I reckon it's pyramid sub or other headline.

To be fair (as I’ve learned) Pilton info is crap for Glastonbury (especially if it comes from Michael) but there are locals have tended to know the PP headliner fairly reliably. That said KoL doesn’t make much sense to me and those that have tended to know haven’t said anything is sorted yet. 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

To be fair (as I’ve learned) Pilton info is crap for Glastonbury (especially if it comes from Michael) but there are locals have tended to know the PP headliner fairly reliably. That said KoL doesn’t make much sense to me and those that have tended to know haven’t said anything is sorted yet. 

4 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

KoL would make sense as they're around at about the right time.

Are KoL really Glastonbury headliners at this point?

Only my view but I don't see them as the force they were 10 years ago. Their first 3 records were very good and will stand the test of time but since then, it's gone a bit south. The headline slot in 2008 was fully deserved. I'd be pretty surprised to see them headline next year

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are KoL really Glastonbury headliners at this point?

Only my view but I don't see them as the force they were 10 years ago. Their first 3 records were very good and will stand the test of time but since then, it's gone a bit south. The headline slot in 2008 was fully deserved. I'd be pretty surprised to see them headline next year

Exactly what people were saying about The Killers.

For the record, I don’t think they’ll headline next year, but I also don’t think they couldn’t.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

For the record, I don’t think they’ll headline next year, but I also don’t think they couldn’t.

I think the killers have stayed more relevant then KOL, The killers have still pretty much sold out places like BST whilst KOL struggled to sell 25 thousand tickets for a gig at St James Park.

I was shocked KOL headlined Leeds a year ago as totally believed they were finished

24 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

I know he's not the most liked on these threads, but could this make an appearance at all? I think personally this would be great pyramid opener Sunday for the last day of the 50th.

Highly unlikely though :)

Staying relevant to the topic I'm going to say the safe and already mentioned options of-
Foals
Lady gaga
Fleetwood mac

Edited by Walker2295

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

KoL would make sense as they're around at about the right time.

I fully think they would take a sub, I'd watch them sub but not headline as they would probably screw that up.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Different years, bands weren't desperate to play the 49th version.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I wasn’t there cos I was still shitting in nappies but 1994, NME Stage. MJK then hopped onto the Pyramid for a song with Rage Against the Machine. It’s a year for which the lineup has aged pretty incredibly.

You’re right about Tool being no good for Glasto now.

Would that have been for Anenima tour? Actually might be a bit early, maybe undertow? Eitherway. Glasto with rage and tool would have been amazing for little  14 year old metal head me back then.